2022 folding mirrors

Elmosaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger (SCrew Lariat Tremor)
Almost! If you push to close then shutoff ignition and then press the button again it will remain closed until you start ignition again. They will unfold as the truck starts.
Ooooh!! I never thought to try that!! Thanks for the idea! ?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I'm going to try a different method....
Instead of "pushing" my button, I'm going to try to "depress" my button and see if there is any change in the operation. One must consider all the options pertaining to the correct procedure, ie., depressing instead of pushing.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I'm going to try a different method....
Instead of "pushing" my button, I'm going to try to "depress" my button and see if there is any change in the operation. One must consider all the options pertaining to the correct procedure, ie., depressing instead of pushing.
I see your wife pushes your buttons too eh.., :blush:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I see your wife pushes your buttons too eh.., :blush:
Ya got that right !!!

Well tried depressing instead of pushing, same outcome.
So, plan "B"......try either pushing OR depressing the button with different fingers. As I am a right handed person, my left hand is marginally weaker, so I may not be applying the correct pressure. Have to try both hands and different fingers to get it right.
Experiment in progress !!!

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not really, auto means automatic. Requiring me to push a button makes it manual. Do you have to do anything to shift our 10 speed AUTOMATIC transmission? No, but a MANUAL transmission requires operator intervention.
Yes I do, I have to put in R or D, once I do that, it's "auto."

There are ignition tied autofold modules available IIRC.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Almost! If you push to close then shutoff ignition and then press the button again it will remain closed until you start ignition again. They will unfold as the truck starts.
I didn't know that. Thank you.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Manual is when you put your hand on it and fold it in.

Power is when you push a button and it folds in.

Auto-power is when it folds automatically because of another influence, such as turning the ignition off.

IMO

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Man, I'm glad we are down to nit picking the semantics on the sales propoganda and the window sticker. Probably written by the same illiterate person that wrote the owners manual. Must mean all the other important issues have been solved.

Personally I don't want my windows to auto fold every time I start or stop the truck anyway. One, if I needed them folded to get in my garage I would need a button anyway. Second, I live in a location where ice and snow would probably cause issues. I think I folded them once or twice in a parking lot because I had my tow mirror extensions on. I had power fold mirrors but gave them up when I put my Clearview tow mirrors on. Wasn't worth the extra cost for all the Lariat features my XLT didn’t have.

As far as cost for Ford it would not be cheaper. It would require an addition module in each front door which our Rangers currently don't have.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Man, I'm glad we are down to nit picking the semantics on the sales propoganda and the window sticker. Probably written by the same illiterate person that wrote the owners manual. Must mean all the other important issues have been solved.

Personally I don't want my windows to auto fold every time I start or stop the truck anyway. One, if I needed them folded to get in my garage I would need a button anyway. Second, I live in a location where ice and snow would probably cause issues. I think I folded them once or twice in a parking lot because I had my tow mirror extensions on. I had power fold mirrors but gave them up when I put my Clearview tow mirrors on. Wasn't worth the extra cost for all the Lariat features my XLT didn’t have.

As far as cost for Ford it would not be cheaper. It would require an addition module in each front door which our Rangers currently don't have.
WAIT !!! You have auto fold WINDOWS !!!???
Did not know that was an option....:giggle:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Whats dumb is that Ford probably could have tied an AUTO fold functionality into the truck's ECM pretty easily, and allowed them to delete the push button off the dash entirely (simplyfying parts count) with some careful ECM programming changes... it'd have sold as a cooler luxury feature and probably saved them money in the long run.
If I'm not mistaken, this can be activated with Forscan, but I wouldn't want the button removed.

LvRob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Occupation
Cybersecurity Architect
Your picking on word semantics....
Pwr/Auto Fold means you have to push the button to fold/unfold.
It's not automatic or activated by ignition to auto fold...ya gotta pusha da button.
I drove my 2022 into my garage with narrow clearance for the side mirrors today to check what "auto mirrors" means. They did not fold so I pushed the button to get them to fold.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
If you turn your headlight to on, do you consider them automatic because they turned on to the proper setting?

Or you turn the dial to "auto" and they come on/off automatically every time the light conditions prescribe it, without you turning the dial again?
Sponsored