I finally added Auto Folding Mirrors to my Ranger

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat

2 wire install. $29.99 from Aliexpress. Make the mirrors function as they should.

1661724885181.png

Plug in harness, old button still works as intended. 1 wire to constant power, 2nd wire to power door lock wire.
Sponsored

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Cool!
I wonder if there's a way to add a clean switch to disable it as well? The snow/ice build up here in the winter might not play nicely with the mirrors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Cool!
I wonder if there's a way to add a clean switch to disable it as well? The snow/ice build up here in the winter might not play nicely with the mirrors.
Sure just throw a switch on the 2nd wire being connected. Easy enough. I've had this module for well over a year and finally got around to installing it. I've ordered some LED replacements for the fenders and mirrors and then I think I am done for now. Good enough pig, good enough..... or something like that.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
It's, "That'll do pig, that'll do."

Yeah, after I looked the auto module up, I figured I could hide a "seasonal" switch under the drop down knee bolster.

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
It's, "That'll do pig, that'll do."

Yeah, after I looked the auto module up, I figured I could hide a "seasonal" switch under the drop down knee bolster.
It's been a few years since I've seen that one (in my defense) , Yeah I'm surprised that Ford didn't include that function, I would have rather had that than the little manual button.

ebob9

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Occupation
Professional Lurker
Are we not allowed to link items like this on Aliexpress? Would be nice for a link if you found a working one.

Looks like the one in the OP's link is from "GZ WinsGo Store" on Aliexpress, if anyone else is trying to track it down.

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Are we not allowed to link items like this on Aliexpress? Would be nice for a link if you found a working one.

Looks like the one in the OP's link is from "GZ WinsGo Store" on Aliexpress, if anyone else is trying to track it down.
Yeah I actually bought that back in April of 2021 and just now got around to installing it.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Reviving this semi-old thread.

I have the module but decided to do a quick test with with my Power Probe before I cut the factory wires and toggle each fold/unfold function.
I'm unable to get the module to work.
Did you have to have all the lock and power wires hooked up and the module's just that smart and maybe that's my problem?
With the module plugged and the one wire connected to constant power, my folding mirrors won't even function normally.

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Reviving this semi-old thread.

I have the module but decided to do a quick test with with my Power Probe before I cut the factory wires and toggle each fold/unfold function.
I'm unable to get the module to work.
Did you have to have all the lock and power wires hooked up and the module's just that smart and maybe that's my problem?
With the module plugged and the one wire connected to constant power, my folding mirrors won't even function normally.
I cut no wires. recalling from memory I wired 1 wire to fold them when my doors lock. The unfold when I start the truck. I had the option of running the unfold wire to unfold upon unlocking. This is such a great CHEAP mod, it's silly that Ford doesn't do this from the factory, and even the Lariat F150's you have to push that silly fold/unfold button.

Just looked at the wiring diagram. You unplug the OEM connector to the mirror fold/unfold button and plug in the hardness which goes to each connector. You then run a HOT wire to the battery and the signal wire to FOLD them (I believe this wire is blue) and the unfold is green. I didn't connect the unfold wire at all. When the truck starts it will trip the relay and unfold. The fold wire I believe is on a factory connected @ the knee panel (You just use a wiretap, but probe it to find it) to the left of the fuse block but under that panel. But touching that wire to power should fold the mirrors up.

Last edited:

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
I'll have to dig some more. I'm sure I had everything plugged into the factory stuff and definately triggered the + to fold wire.
I wasn't aware that it would auto unfold with key on, that's a great feature!

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

2 wire install. $29.99 from Aliexpress. Make the mirrors function as they should.

1661724885181.png

Plug in harness, old button still works as intended. 1 wire to constant power, 2nd wire to power door lock wire.
one of my favorite features on my Tremor. Especially in tight spaces like my garage.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Not sure how anyone finds anything on that site ?