Wireless Charging Install

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
Thanks for the feedback. My wife really liked the orange :) although I was planning to print a black one to match her Ranger.

That thing takes 12 hours to print but now it seems to fit somehow right. Not sure if PLA will survive a hot summer, that's to be tested.

If you are interested I could print a few more. But as I said, it's work in progress. You would need to source the Carlinkit and QI charging pad yourself but if you are happy with how they work, message me and we can talk about getting you a 3D printed bracket.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. My wife really liked the orange :) although I was planning to print a black one to match her Ranger.

That thing takes 12 hours to print but now it seems to fit somehow right. Not sure if PLA will survive a hot summer, that's to be tested.

If you are interested I could print a few more. But as I said, it's work in progress. You would need to source the Carlinkit and QI charging pad yourself but if you are happy with how they work, message me and we can talk about getting you a 3D printed bracket.
I have a charging pad that might work - I've created something in mine but not nearly as nice as this. I'd love to get one of the brackets you designed.

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a charging pad that might work - I've created something in mine but not nearly as nice as this. I'd love to get one of the brackets you designed.
My bracket will only work with this specific kind of charging pad since it is enclosed. But I can print a "shelf" that you can put any pad on. Also, the rails (or whatever you wanna call them) are designed for an iPhone 12, larger phones or pads would need the rails moved. Without the rails the phone may slide of the pad, so everything needs to work together.

What are the dimensions of your pad and your phone?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My bracket will only work with this specific kind of charging pad since it is enclosed. But I can print a "shelf" that you can put any pad on. Also, the rails (or whatever you wanna call them) are designed for an iPhone 12, larger phones or pads would need the rails moved. Without the rails the phone may slide of the pad, so everything needs to work together.

What are the dimensions of your pad and your phone?
This is the pad I have currently: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D2CWBS1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 (with a case so it will be slightly larger than this), but these are the phone dimensions: 5.9 x 2.7 x 0.31 in

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the pad I have currently: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D2CWBS1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 (with a case so it will be slightly larger than this), but these are the phone dimensions: 5.9 x 2.7 x 0.31 in
Your pad has the USB connector sticking out which "messes up the look" and was the main reason why I chose the pad linked above. You could use a "shelf" like bracket but it will never look as clean as in my pictures.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your pad has the USB connector sticking out which "messes up the look" and was the main reason why I chose the pad linked above. You could use a "shelf" like bracket but it will never look as clean as in my pictures.
I will pick up a charger like yours. One reason I got the one I did was because it has 3 coils and has a larger charging area (easier to get it in the right spot). But with the "rails you have on yours I think that might not be an issue.

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will pick up a charger like yours. One reason I got the one I did was because it has 3 coils and has a larger charging area (easier to get it in the right spot). But with the "rails you have on yours I think that might not be an issue.
The rails right now are 6 1/4 by 3, so your phone should fit. My iPhone 12 is a little less than 6 by 3 and I can move it around whiting the rails without it stopping to charge.

Sammyboy808

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Wholesale Distribution
I'm checking in with my dealership in California, they're looking into this Australian option and if it's able to be purchased and installed here. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from their parts department.

IMG_7022.jpeg

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
I'm checking in with my dealership in California, they're looking into this Australian option and if it's able to be purchased and installed here. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from their parts department.

IMG_7022.jpeg
Man that’s expensive...but I like it

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Around 230 USD, but still $$$
But it does look nice

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin

IMG_7022.jpeg
Wow I spent hours looking through pages of product trying to find something generic that was going to fit nicely or something was made specifically for the Ranger.. and I didn't come across this. This is ideal, if it's got decent coils and wattage (EDIT - says 10W right on it.. awesome).

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I use the apple mag charger .... gotta love Gorilla Tape

IMG_0148.jpeg

Sammyboy808

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Wholesale Distribution
Wow I spent hours looking through pages of product trying to find something generic that was going to fit nicely or something was made specifically for the Ranger.. and I didn't come across this. This is ideal, if it's got decent coils and wattage (EDIT - says 10W right on it.. awesome).
I'm always looking around at foreign markets for my vehicles (I used to own imports). They always seem to get the goodies. There's even an auto folding mirror mod offered by Ford in AU (Part #VJB3Z14G372A), why it's not offered here with our mirrors and we have to do an unofficial aftermarket mod is mind boggling. Ford can take all my money for the nice things I want if they offer it.

lloydr1206

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Interested in the 3D printed tray or this Australian part. I would love a solution for this.

following

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I printed a few more, please contact me if you are interested. I also have a spare wireless charging pad.

IMG_2472.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg
Sponsored