First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Health care field
Hey Guys/Gals! Just got my 2019 Saber Lariat and love it! Was reading through this thread and noted a specific mirror folding kit (pictured) that I could install. Well, I bought this bad boy and am anxious to install it, but the damn thing has NO color-match wire pairings for the three (3) labeled wires on the unit itself: lock, unlock, power. Got my entire left side panels off and, soldering tool ready, wire strippers, and am totally dumbfounded! It's a GO WINZ Store special from China! Can I get some help out there from the Ranger 5G group? Thanks Guys/Gals!

1696708054802-b1c062e8-69ba-499f-af81-8291245274f61_1[1].jpg
Sponsored

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have factory folding mirrors on 19 Lariat. Used once to see them in action, never touched again...

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I have factory folding mirrors on 19 Lariat. Used once to see them in action, never touched again...
That's because you have to press that stupid button. A $29 Aliexpress relay is all you need. Makes them automatic with the door unlock. I love mine.

ubetdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Health care field
Hey Dave, you wouldn't still happen to have the color-coded diagram for your GZ Wins Go Store mirror folding kit would you? That's what I'm looking for! I guess they ran out of instructions when they shipped mine; totally clueless over here. Can't even find an install vid anywhere that someone may have posted for this kit!. Tx, David, Miami, FL.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Give this a try. I included a pic of the connections I made in the driver’s kick panel.
I have the RedTek module and only connected the lock - to fold, and the 12v to unfold. The option to connect the green will unfold when unlocked.

IMG_0587.png
IMG_0584.png

IMG_0585.png

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Hey Dave, you wouldn't still happen to have the color-coded diagram for your GZ Wins Go Store mirror folding kit would you? That's what I'm looking for! I guess they ran out of instructions when they shipped mine; totally clueless over here. Can't even find an install vid anywhere that someone may have posted for this kit!. Tx, David, Miami, FL.
I bought a Autel Powerscan tool a while back and this thing is great for finding wires. I didn't get any vehicle specific info with mine. As I recall power/ground and 2 triggers, One to your unlock wire (unfold the mirrors) and one to your lock wire (from the mirrors). The manual button also still works with the relay in place. The wires were pretty easy to find. I just hit the lock unlock button and probed for the wires. I did the simple wiretap to attach it.

ubetdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Health care field
Thanks very much Guys! I'm gonna tackle this thing later today when the sun comes out! Appreciate ALL the info! "There is no try, only do, or do not." - Small green dude!

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
That's because you have to press that stupid button. A $29 Aliexpress relay is all you need. Makes them automatic with the door unlock. I love mine.
No, I have no use for it. But justify your install as you wish, I'm sure it serves you well...

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
No, I have no use for it. But justify your install as you wish, I'm sure it serves you well...
It's a nice feature to have when parked, though to be honest I would rather someone hit my mirror than the door skin.

I just don't understand Ford's thinking... Lets go partway on giving folks folding mirrors. Penny pinchers?

JohnsonEJ23

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger/2011 Honda Odyssey/2003 HD V-Rod
Occupation
Operations General Manager
It's a nice feature to have when parked, though to be honest I would rather someone hit my mirror than the door skin.

I just don't understand Ford's thinking... Lets go partway on giving folks folding mirrors. Penny pinchers?
I'm installing one of these right now in my 2020. I got the harness unplugged from the back of the switch but am having a heck of a time trying to plug the new harness back into the back of the switch. Anyone have any tips?

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'm installing one of these right now in my 2020. I got the harness unplugged from the back of the switch but am having a heck of a time trying to plug the new harness back into the back of the switch. Anyone have any tips?
Yes Pop out the left Vent.. Everything is easily accessible.

Use a Plastic tool between the dash and the plastic. It will come out... Work it slowly.

Your poping out this whole thing:

1709522257859.png

It's attached with a couple of clips.

JohnsonEJ23

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger/2011 Honda Odyssey/2003 HD V-Rod
Occupation
Operations General Manager
Yes Pop out the left Vent.. Everything is easily accessible.

Use a Plastic tool between the dash and the plastic. It will come out... Work it slowly.

Your poping out this whole thing:

1709522257859.png

It's attached with a couple of clips.
This totally did the trick. Thank you! I was trying to reach it from below with the fuse panel opened up.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Ever since installing mine, for some reason the right-side mirror stays closed 1/3 of the time instead of automatically opening on startup (stays closed more often during rain or cold, I think) -- the wiring is for sure correct, because If I cycle the manual open/close button, the mirror opens. It always closes automatically 100% of the time, though; just 1/3 of the time doesn't open automatically.
Anyone else have this from the aftermarket modules?
Or thoughts on what might cause this?
It's been like this for 2 years...
Sponsored