Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
If I read the press release, it is a low cost nose job and a tailgate....With some electronics thrown in...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yup, a midlife refresh ....fascia / trim bits.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yup, I agree...kinda early for a 2021 announcement. Who is revising what for 2020 that Chevy is trying to keep people from flooding over?
GM actually made some small improvements in 2020, but they also took some options away and didn't make some other small improvements that people were hoping for. I see this announcement as telling folks not to wait for more and just buy the 2020.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I agree...kinda early for a 2021 announcement. Who is revising what for 2020 that Chevy is trying to keep people from flooding over?
Prior to 2019 they and Tacoma were the only games in town. They needed some press to counter all the attention given to the Ranger and the Gladiator. Early reveal to remind people that the Colorado is still out there.

I imagine we'll be seeing the Canyon update sooner rather then later as well.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
If they would fill the wheel wells with tires.. it's a good look. I'm at a loss as to why all truck manufacturer's design the Tire / Wheel Well such that a small child can set on the tire and still see out? I guess they want everybody to see the frame?
So we can spot the critters?
4b7adfb3eada76338087c287c9ab5b87.jpg

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT Convertible
just when you think GM can't make something even uglier...

I'll betcha you gotta sneak up on the air pumps just to get a little air in the tires.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Not the worst I’ve seen but still definitely isn’t something that will ever be in my driveway!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I was parked next to the current generation and man the proportions of the Ranger are so much tighter...the non existent front overhand of the Ranger so appealing from rear 3/4..the Ranger's rear bumper are so tucked compared to GM's...Ranger's surfaces are so well sculpted, inspite of the fact that this BIW is nearly 8 years old! Ranger's spare is not visible from normal view while GM's hangs like a overloaded diaper...no comparison:puke::facepalm:

Ford wins big time:)

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I was parked next to the current generation and man the proportions of the Ranger are so much tighter...the non existent front overhand of the Ranger so appealing from rear 3/4..the Ranger's rear bumper are so tucked compared to GM's...Ranger's surfaces are so well sculpted, inspite of the fact that this BIW is nearly 8 years old! Ranger's spare is not visible from normal view while GM's hangs like a overloaded diaper...no comparison:puke::facepalm:

Ford wins big time:)
Agreed.

Judge the manufacturer based on their current offerings, not what they have done in the past. That's why we bought a Ranger, and not a Tacoma or a Colorado / Canyon

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Ugly or not, that thing can offroad, desert run (think michigan dirt roads), and street drive. If I had been able to stomach the 3 year rust schedule, and hard plastic everywhere interior from 1992, I'd be driving a Zr2 now. I just couldn't get them down to where I was willing to take the risk, so I ended up spending 5K more on a Ranger... In all fairness, I've had 5-ish Ranger's now, but I was looking for cars since May of 2018, and had to wait almost a whole year as a 1 car family for the Ranger to start showing up on lots.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Ugly or not, that thing can offroad, desert run (think michigan dirt roads), and street drive. If I had been able to stomach the 3 year rust schedule, and hard plastic everywhere interior from 1992, I'd be driving a Zr2 now. I just couldn't get them down to where I was willing to take the risk, so I ended up spending 5K more on a Ranger... In all fairness, I've had 5-ish Ranger's now, but I was looking for cars since May of 2018, and had to wait almost a whole year as a 1 car family for the Ranger to start showing up on lots.
5k more for a Ranger vs a Colorado? Could you explain that further? Must not be comparing apples to apples. When we were shopping for a truck there was no money "savings" for buying Chevy.

Colorado and Ranger.jpg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
5k more for a Ranger vs a Colorado? Could you explain that further? Must not be comparing apples to apples. When we were shopping for a truck there was no money "savings" for buying Chevy.

Colorado and Ranger.jpg
One was a z71, and the other was a zr2. The z71 could be had for 32, and the zr2 was 39 out the door. My ranger was 42 and change out the door with extended warranty.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
One was a z71, and the other was a zr2. The z71 could be had for 32, and the zr2 was 39 out the door. My ranger was 42 and change out the door with extended warranty.
I'm not sure how you got 5k more. The ZR2 was 39 and the Ranger was 42 (which by my math is 3k), but you also got an extended warranty with the Ranger - so it was a bit more but I don't see how it was 5k?
Sponsored