Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/u.../Pages/news/us/en/2019/oct/1008-colorado.html

DETROIT — Today, Chevrolet debuts a new look for its Colorado midsize truck franchise. The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado will make its first public appearance at the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic on Oct.10, driven by Hall Racing. The 2021 Colorado ZR2 will then debut at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

The Colorado lineup will now feature greater differentiation from trim to trim and the addition of the new “Sand Dune Metallic” exterior paint color option available on the Z71 and ZR2 models. All Colorado variants will also include revised front Chevy “bowtie” emblems and embossed “Chevrolet” tailgates in place of the traditional Chevy bowtie on the rear end of the vehicles.

“We’ve sold 520,000 Colorado pickups in five years through a relentless, foot-on-the-gas approach to product and feature updates,” said Bob Krapes, director of marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “With its new-look front end and tailgate, Colorado will now have a more aggressive appearance to match its award-winning capability.”

The WT, LT and Z71 Colorado trim levels will all receive updated center bars, lower fascias and front skid plates for 2021. WT and LT will feature all-new gold Chevy bowtie logos, while Z71 receives a black bowtie logo.

The ZR2 off-road performance variant will receive a new appearance to match its standout capability. ZR2 will be the only Colorado model to feature the all-new, lettered, flow-through “Chevrolet” front fascia. ZR2’s new front end provides drivers with improved visibility and looks even more aggressive, which adds to its dynamic, “segment of one” appearance.

ZR2, with its revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic DSSVTM position-sensitive dampers, standard front and rear electronic locking differentials, 2-inch suspension lift, 3.5-inch wider track, off-road rocker protection, cast iron control arms, Autotrac transfer case, and multiple skid plates, will now come equipped with standard red tow hooks as well.

The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado goes on sale next year. Pricing will be announced closer to production. All 2021 Colorado models will be built at General Motors’ Wentzville Assembly Center in Wentzville, Missouri.

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-001.jpg
2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-005.jpg
2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-002.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
:eek: Holy cannoli that is ugly!

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy

This is the ZR2 off-road performance variant in Dune Metallic. It has out there looks in its current model, not for everyone. I'm sure the other models will look sharp, I always liked the Colorado and hope they went the extra mile to clean up that interior. I warn us to be better than the Tacoma World forum, when I posted my Tacoma to Ranger switch I received dumb ass replies from a handful of members. I love seeing new trucks rolling out. Now with that said, it's not for me Anthony and thank you for sharing!!!

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
This is the ZR2 off-road performance variant in Dune Metallic. It has out there looks in its current model, not for everyone. I'm sure the other models will look sharp, I always liked the Colorado and hope they went the extra mile to clean up that interior. I warn us to be better than the Tacoma World forum when I posted my Tacoma to Ranger switch and received the dumb ass replies from a handful of members. I love seeing new trucks rolling out. Now with that said, it's not for me Anthony and thank you for sharing!!!
That is correct, the lower model trucks are not as "out-there" and may not see the level of distinction from today's models that the ZR2 does.

per the press release:

The WT, LT and Z71 Colorado trim levels will all receive updated center bars, lower fascias and front skid plates for 2021. WT and LT will feature all-new gold Chevy bowtie logos, while Z71 receives a black bowtie logo.

RCNGunnr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
My only thing with that model is how off putting that lack of any body between the grill and the apparent bumper section is... It just doesn't seem right.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Round wheels and tires, square wheel wells. Brilliant!!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Appearance is so subjective. I find it interesting that they're announcing so early that nothing will really change in 2021 except appearance.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
My only thing with that model is how off putting that lack of any body between the grill and the apparent bumper section is... It just doesn't seem right.
I see a "hint" of the 2020 Silverado HD grill in it, minus the alien headlamps:
2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-04.jpg

2021-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-005-jpg.jpg

Vintage Chevy...recall there was some angst that the new Silverado had more traditional wheels wells and they were getting away from their trademark.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Vintage Chevy..
If they would fill the wheel wells with tires.. it's a good look. I'm at a loss as to why all truck manufacturer's design the Tire / Wheel Well such that a small child can set on the tire and still see out? I guess they want everybody to see the frame?

CamaroOct071_zps6aca0c32.jpg

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Wish they had pictures of the Z71, I was never a fan of the looks of the ZR2 but always like the Z71. I do not think that looks to bad and it looks aggressive. Not sure how I feel about that grill... It looks like it would get stuff stuck in it..

Not sure there is much of a change.

Looks like the shocks still stick down.. That needs to be fixed for such a off-road truck.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Wish they had pictures of the Z71, I was never a fan of the looks of the ZR2 but always like the Z71. I do not think that looks to bad and it looks aggressive. Not sure how I feel about that grill... It looks like it would get stuff stuck in it..

Not sure there is much of a change.

Looks like the shocks still stick down.. That needs to be fixed for such a off-road truck.
Looks like we'll see the other versions on Thursday the 10th.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
To me the side profile seems to have some similarities with the current Ranger, but Im not a fan of how the front of it looks.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
Yup, I agree...kinda early for a 2021 announcement. Who is revising what for 2020 that Chevy is trying to keep people from flooding over?

I also feel it is disappointing that the 'major changes' are just visual trim levels. No meat to the updates? No new 'trail control' or other goodies?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If I read the press release, it is a low cost nose job and a tailgate....With some electronics thrown in...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored