New Colorado revealed....

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
with an 8 gear transmission expect lower MPG than the ranger. especially at highway speeds.
That extra 3 gallons might get you an extra 20 miles of range.

Why would a 6 gear manual transmission get better mileage than a 4 gear automatic? because it has 2 extra gears. Same reason why everyone now a days has 8-9-10 gear transmissions or CVT transmissions. Much better mileage.

Those gear help.
Not sure about that. I’m not a mechanic but I can tell you I got better mileage with my Denali Canyon. Up to 25 on the highway. It had 20s on it but much leads aggressive tires and sat lower so not exactly comparing apples to apples but I just liked less gears . Rarely searched for gears and was quick. I had the v6. Not bashing the Ranger. I love mine but just think 10 speeds is overkill on these mid size vehicles.
Sponsored

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll just cut and past what I posted on the 6G site:

Looks way better, inside and out, than the outgoing model. It's a tad Tacoma-ish looking IMO, but not enough to deter me. I was very surprised that they are not using the 10spd though. I wouldn't want to buy in the first year, simply because of the 8spd.
I like the stake pockets. That's an important feature for me. And plenty of tie-downs. I couldn't find any mention of a power rear window and zooming in on the interior pics, I couldn't see a button for one. One of the interior pics had an extra 4 buttons on the drivers door, beside the lock/unlock buttons, so I think they may have a memory seat/mirrors option.
If GM releases the Canyon AT4x with the multi tailgate option, then it'd be hard for Ford to win me over....unless they add stake pockets and a memory option....and power rear window to the N/A model. I know those are minor items to determine a purchase on, but both the new Ford and GM trucks look really good inside and out, that it will be the minor items that make the difference.
Can't believe it. 8 pages before anybody mentioned stake pockets. What more could one ask for. Bells & whistles just make people overlook the important stuff. :LOL: :like: Count me in for stake pockets, but not for the BowTie.

Rob Wilson

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra
Occupation
Retired
Can't believe it. 8 pages before anybody mentioned stake pockets. What more could one ask for. Bells & whistles just make people overlook the important stuff. :LOL: :like: Count me in for stake pockets, but not for the BowTie.
I really
When my first generation [2002 bought new] Tundra frame broke last month, I ordered a 2022 Colorado. I need stake pockets and the GM small pickups are the only ones which have them. I really wanted a Ranger.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Bummer.
'23 Coloranyon is going to be crew cab/5'box only. That leaves only the Taco and Nissan Frontier with 6' box options. Looks like market share doesn't mean anything at Ford and GM. When Ford dropped the Focus and GM the Cruz, Toyota spent $170M to increase Corolla production in Mississippi, and expanded Tacoma production in Mexico; all Tacomas are made there now.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Oh yeah, Silver with steelies? My kinda chevy.

I'll see how they fair in a few years.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
GEEZ i miss trucks being - trucks. no more long beds or single cabs. no manual transmissions or rolly windows no bench seats. everything comes with so much junk we dont really need and we can no longer get something simple like a stake pocket. i was upset when i realized the 5g had no stake pockets. what the hell ford. cost too much to stamp a pocket in!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
GEEZ i miss trucks being - trucks. no more long beds or single cabs. no manual transmissions or rolly windows no bench seats. everything comes with so much junk we dont really need and we can no longer get something simple like a stake pocket. i was upset when i realized the 5g had no stake pockets. what the hell ford. cost too much to stamp a pocket in!
I have bed rails from my F150 sitting in my garages corner for this reason. Lack of pockets was pretty surprising to me.
Sponsored