New Colorado revealed....

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'll just cut and past what I posted on the 6G site:

Looks way better, inside and out, than the outgoing model. It's a tad Tacoma-ish looking IMO, but not enough to deter me. I was very surprised that they are not using the 10spd though. I wouldn't want to buy in the first year, simply because of the 8spd.
I like the stake pockets. That's an important feature for me. And plenty of tie-downs. I couldn't find any mention of a power rear window and zooming in on the interior pics, I couldn't see a button for one. One of the interior pics had an extra 4 buttons on the drivers door, beside the lock/unlock buttons, so I think they may have a memory seat/mirrors option.
If GM releases the Canyon AT4x with the multi tailgate option, then it'd be hard for Ford to win me over....unless they add stake pockets and a memory option....and power rear window to the N/A model. I know those are minor items to determine a purchase on, but both the new Ford and GM trucks look really good inside and out, that it will be the minor items that make the difference.
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
668 hp on the base model? and the underbody and rear cameras definitely intrigue me, gm came to play from an unsubstantiated stats perspective I am very impressed but with gm I have learned to withhold judgement till they can actually prove what they say
668 hp? You ok over there?

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I was very surprised that they are not using the 10spd though. I wouldn't want to buy in the first year, simply because of the 8spd.
I actually would prefer a well implemented 8 speed. A lot of the whining about the drivability of the Ranger (lugging, etc) is because of those top two gears. Like many of us, I lock out 9 and 10 everywhere but the interstate. I’ve had several vehicles with 8 speeds and I think that is a better compromise of function and efficiency.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I actually would prefer a well implemented 8 speed. A lot of the whining about the drivability of the Ranger (lugging, etc) is because of those top two gears. Like many of us, I lock out 9 and 10 everywhere but the interstate. I’ve had several vehicles with 8 speeds and I think that is a better compromise of function and efficiency.
No whining here, love the 10SPD and its drivability. Of course my truck was built for "on road" and towing.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
For the most part I think its a decent looking truck. Like others have said the previous gen interior really sucked which is a big reason I didnt get a ZR2 several years back.

The other big ticket item is the rake of the front end which seems to an issue on all new mid/full sized trucks. The previous gen colorado was the worst as fenders made it worse by having an increase lip reducing forward / side visibility even more. For me this was one of the big selling points of the 5G as the front is very raked and I feel like I can actually see whats in front of me. This appears to going away with the 6g and a reason why I will not likely upgrade.

With that in mind I really dig the 360 degree camera and am very interested in what this under camera setup presents. Curious if its like what I have seen on the newerish range rovers. Very cool if so and wish someone much smarter than myself would figure out a way to retro fit onto our 5Gs.

Also that tailgate cubby box is a nice feature.

I think where Chevy screwed up is by not making the front/rear locking difs an option on the trail boss. Leave the ZR2 to the baja / mall parking hot boi's and give the trail goers a tuck that can not only haul 1700lbs but also get out of a pickle with the locking diffs.

I am hoping Ford realizes there is a difference between the baja and camping/fishing/overlanding crowd. Im looking for a "forest" ranger model.
Look at the hummer EV. Bet its very similar to this for cameras

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I think all the midsize trucks have lost their driver side grab handle due to a bigger airbag.

I know the 2016 Frontier had one and the basically identical 2017 lost it.

The ROW Ranger has one on both sides due to not having to meet US crash standards.
Good explanation Dennis and makes sense. By the way, I watched a few videos yesterday on replacing the headlight assemblies. The Oz truck is much easier to do with fewer parts to dismantle. It must be due to the crash regulations as well which surprises me. You'd think there would be a global standard for those things.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Good explanation Dennis and makes sense. By the way, I watched a few videos yesterday on replacing the headlight assemblies. The Oz truck is much easier to do with fewer parts to dismantle. It must be due to the crash regulations as well which surprises me. You'd think there would be a global standard for those things.
Crash standards vary wildly and manufacturers will cut costs wherever they can.

Watch the crash test of a US spec Hyundai vs a Mexico spec model.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Personally, I've had no hunting/lugging issues with my 10spd, but I also have no objection to a well tuned 8spd. I just thought they would have dropped it because of all the problems they had. I also figured they'd get marginally better gas mileage with the 10spd, which is crucial to manufacturers.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Read the article it says base model has 668 hp
It was there the other day but I think they realized their mistake and now edited it. It would've been impressive with 668 hp. ?

Estimated output: Base 237 hp and 259 pound-feet of torque; mid 310 and 390; high-output 310 and 430

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
It was there the other day but I think they realized their mistake and now edited it. It would've been impressive with 668 hp. ?
Took them long enough lol but yes it would be impressive for the 3 seconds it would take before it sent a rod to the moon lol

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Nice truck with at lot of nice features. Too bad I still won't consider it because of GM's quality history. Maybe with time this truck might prove to be reliable.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase