Anyone Using FordPass Rewards?

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Just used my FPR yesterday. Got some oil, filter, and the door sill plates from Ford Accessories. Dealer was clueless. Tried to get off with saying they didn't know and haven't been trained yet, but I persisted.

The parts department had to go to the service department, have them write up an open service order, then the items were ordered through the parts department and applied afterwards to the open service order. If that makes sense.

We will see how long it takes to update on the app and how much it all was, they were unable to give me a receipt and said it would show on the app. HAHA
Chevrolet was the same. You had to go to the service department and have a work order made then you walked to the parts department and placed the order. (floormats). I would imagine getting an oil change would be easier.
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used FordPass points for my 2.5" by Ford Service. Easy peasy!

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Last week I had my Ranger in for some minor warranty items and asked them to go ahead and do an oil change. Told service writer I would be using the Ford Pass points. He said I’m not sure about that but the cashier will take care of. Went to pick up truck and cashier asks for payment. I said we agreed to use points. She said no one here knows how to do that yet. We’ve tried and haven’t had any luck. I said ok thanks for the free oil change. She called the service manager in and he took down my email for Ford Pass and said he would figure it out. 2 days later the points were deducted. I called Ford Pass customer service to make sure the right points were taken out and complained about the lack of awareness from the dealers on how the program works. I was told I could file a complaint but I would need to call the regular customer service number. What a joke.

Ford’s training on this is laughable.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Last week I had my Ranger in for some minor warranty items and asked them to go ahead and do an oil change. Told service writer I would be using the Ford Pass points. He said I’m not sure about that but the cashier will take care of. Went to pick up truck and cashier asks for payment. I said we agreed to use points. She said no one here knows how to do that yet. We’ve tried and haven’t had any luck. I said ok thanks for the free oil change. She called the service manager in and he took down my email for Ford Pass and said he would figure it out. 2 days later the points were deducted. I called Ford Pass customer service to make sure the right points were taken out and complained about the lack of awareness from the dealers on how the program works. I was told I could file a complaint but I would need to call the regular customer service number. What a joke.

How many miles was on your truck? I would like to spend my points at a 5000 miles oil change but the rules say 10000 or the oil light on.

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
How many miles was on your truck? I would like to spend my points at a 5000 miles oil change but the rules say 10000 or the oil light on.
Only 3k. I was told by fleet manager (my sales guy) the points could be used anytime for any maintenance. Was not aware of any rules about miles.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired

Very similar experience when I tried to use the points for The Works on my wife's Explorer almost a month ago. They still haven't deducted the points from my account. Tried to do a chat session with them online so that they'd correct it. The agent just told me that they weren't knowledgeable of anything related to Ford Pass. The only way they said I'd be able to work with someone is thru the app. So laughable? Hell yes! o_O

07/16/2019: More than a month later, they finally deducted the points from my account. We'll see how it goes next time I need to use points.

Last edited:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I was poking around the Ford Owners website when I saw a notification that I had earned 2,000 points. Apparently you can redeem 11,000 points for a free oil change, sort of like airline miles or credit card points.

Also supposedly you will get 42,000 points for buying a new Ford Vehicle, good for 3 free oil changes.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-rewards.html

FordPass Rewards.png
Yes!

I used a $1,000 extra discount from Ford for using the app. I Also received the points for 3 oil changes which I will use for sure. If using the app gets me discounts, is not getting into any personal data I feel is a privacy issue and helps Ford deliver better product, I’ll use it for sure.

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Two dealers that I went to also had no idea how to use the points.

Maybe if they get enough complaints they will do something?

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/
Purchased a tailgate liner from my local dealer. They did not know how to accept my FR Points and ended up calling "someone" who walked them through the process. Point deduction hit my account (looking at my app on the phone) immediately...so I know they did it right :)

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Used my points to buy the Ford Ranger LED Bed light kit. I would never have them do routine maintenance so getting the bed lighting for free was great for me.

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Used my points to buy the Ford Ranger LED Bed light kit. I would never have them do routine maintenance so getting the bed lighting for free was great for me.
Good call, my dealership does free oil changes for life, so that's what I'm putting my points towards!

MSgt G

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Using my points was no problem at all! Got splash guards and floor mats.
Sponsored