1st Oil change using Ford Pass rewards

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger , 2019 Ford Escape
Dealers put a 3k mile sticker on because they want you to come in a lot and give them money. Just ignore it. Actually, I don't think I've ever had the proper maintenance interval on an oil change sticker, regardless of dealer vs garage etc. They always just add 3k because that's what they do.

Also, technically, the first oil change was due when the maintenance minder came on and not necessarily at 10k miles. In my case that was around 8k; the number changes based on usage.
That's why they gotten a nick name of " Stealership"
Sponsored

rubadubstubbs

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat sport
I used all 86000 points to apply to the purchase and install of the Ford Fox 2.0 leveling kit.
Did they give you a break down of how many points were used for the parts vs. the points for the labor? Was thinking of doing the same.

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I got an email from FordPass Rewards Points the end of April stating that they extended the points expiration until April 1, 2021 regardless of when the points were earned. Took delivery of my truck in July 2019.

054DF450-9DF6-4088-B5FA-1D656A66E968.jpeg
Bought my truck the same time as you but strangely just got that email today.

I've used my points for one oil change so far and in doing so received about 500+ more points...

My question is if I get my oil changed again next July-ish 2021 will I have lost my original 42xxx points? If so that's not cool... And I should look on spending the points on some accessory I don't really need...

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Did they give you a break down of how many points were used for the parts vs. the points for the labor? Was thinking of doing the same.
They just applied to the entire bill. They did not break it down.

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4
How many points do the dealers deduct for an oil change?

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
A tech at the dealership recommends oil change every 5K due to heat, etc. He claims that the maintenance comes on depending on driving habits. Consistent long trips means the minder could activate closer to 10K, shorter city driving means possible earlier activation of the minder. I currently have about 4600 miles on mine. I am somewhere in the middle regarding driving habits. Ford Pass tells me I have another estimated 2500 miles or so before my first oil change. Should I go with the dealer recommendation or the Ford Pass estimate? I'm inclined to possibly pursue the 5K oil change, but perhaps better informed minds may know better - any thoughts?

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my truck in February and the dealer never mentioned a free oil change. Are you all using your ford pass points to do this or did you just receive a free change from your dealer as part of the purchase deal?
I got 3 oil changes using the points.

Will do them myself from here on out.

But 3 free was nice.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
A tech at the dealership recommends oil change every 5K due to heat, etc. He claims that the maintenance comes on depending on driving habits. Consistent long trips means the minder could activate closer to 10K, shorter city driving means possible earlier activation of the minder. I currently have about 4600 miles on mine. I am somewhere in the middle regarding driving habits. Ford Pass tells me I have another estimated 2500 miles or so before my first oil change. Should I go with the dealer recommendation or the Ford Pass estimate? I'm inclined to possibly pursue the 5K oil change, but perhaps better informed minds may know better - any thoughts?
There is zero reason to change oil at 3k these days. 10k is what Ford recommends.

Anywhere between 5k and 10k will be fine.

I will change every 7500 just because.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is zero reason to change oil at 3k these days. 10k is what Ford recommends.

Anywhere between 5k and 10k will be fine.

I will change every 7500 just because.
Thanks, Tod - much appreciated!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I bought my truck in February and the dealer never mentioned a free oil change. Are you all using your ford pass points to do this or did you just receive a free change from your dealer as part of the purchase deal?
From what I understand (my Ranger hasn't been built yet) my sale guys said you open the app, and I guess you show it to the service writer. I was a bit vague on how it works myself.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many points do the dealers deduct for an oil change?
I don't know if anyone answered your question but here is what my dealer did with the points I had accrued: (I had posted this on another thread)
I did my first oil change on 08/14. After much research, I went ahead and went with full synthetic oil. I asked for Shell Rotella Full Synthetic 5W30, but my Ford dealership didn't carry it. They carry Shell Rotella for the Ford Diesel Engine trucks, but not regular gas vehicles. So I asked for Motorcraft Full Synthetic, which is still a superior oil; I found out that Conoco-Phillips makes that oil for Motorcraft.
I had 42,000 points for getting the Ford Pass, the dealer redeemed 12,874 of those points, and I earned 598 for the service visit.
Sponsored