Anyone Using FordPass Rewards?

Discussion in 'Maintenance - Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing' started by rangerdanger, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Anthony

Anthony Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
    COO
    Garage Profiles:
    Mine is the same way. I was in the other day to get the Transmission TSB software update done and I figured I'd get the tires rotated since the points would pay for it. The cashier rolled their eyes and said "oh no here's another one with those points". They had no clue what to do.

Mind you before it was FordPass rewards it was Ford points. I've literally been accruing points for years on previous Ford vehicles and they still dont know how to redeem them.

2. mschmidt48

mschmidt48 Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Ford Shelby GT350, Nissan Frontier
    I used my points I earned from the purchase of the ranger to pay for the first service for my GT350 that takes 10 quarts of expensive synthetic oil and apparently requires 3 mechanics.GT350.jpeg

3. Hack_Actual

Hack_Actual Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
    I'm sure if you ruffle enough feathers they will give you the points.

4. dmeyer302

dmeyer302 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicle(s):
    1991 F-150, couple of Escapes
    Mechanical Engineer
    Garage Profiles:
    Wanted to share my experience with FPR real quick. I’m a DIY guy so the service credits are no good to me. So I decided to get a swinging cargo box for the bed (a genuine Ford accessory). My dealer parts guy—who is really sharp mind you and isn’t just a parts pusher—had heard something about FPR but wasn’t sure how to execute it. I kept after him long enough until his regional rep stopped by one day and explained to him how to work it.

Long story short, he has to bill the parts on a service ticket. Then it goes into some sort of limbo and in a couple of months Ford will refund the dealer. Sounds like it’s kind of a process so I thanked him for messing with it for me. By the way, anything on a service ticket you get 5% back in points. Parts tickets alone do not get this reward.

So YES, I can verify that it is possible to purchase accessories or parts with your rewards.

BDoc and Tracy Bowman like this.
  5. FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2006 Chevrolet Colorado, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
    I may have missed it in the thread, but does anyone know if this program is in Canada too?

6. SemperVee

SemperVee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dar
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger XLT Sport
    Garage Profiles:
    I called after around a week and then a few days later my 42,000 points showed up in my account. I have a 3 year free oil change deal with my Ranger purchase so I would like to apply my points toward accessories...

7. Jerry Caldwell

Jerry Caldwell Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jerry
    Vehicle(s):
    Ranger Lariat
    Retired Architect
    I used mine to buy the OEM LED bed lights.

Tracy Bowman likes this.
  8. Murphie

Murphie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2014 Ford Explorer
    Retired Financial Auditor
    As an update/tie in to my original comments, I took my Ranger in yesterday for The Works. Went to check out, and the Quick Lane service advisor asked if I wanted to use Ford Pass Rewards. I told him Yes, and we also discussed my previous experience. He actually remembered it as I was their first customer to use them - and said the process was now working as it should. Today I looked at my rewards balance, and see that they were already deducted.