FordPass points question

Thawk21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Do you know if you can use your points towards a spray in bedliner? Someone was telling me you can but I can't find a real answer.
Sponsored

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tyler

I had asked if I could apply them towards window tinting and was advised that it can only be used for Ford Parts or Service - so I’m thinking that you would not be able to.

I’d still check with your Ford Part/Accessories dept.

Good Luck :like:

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
When I tried to use my points for parts (Ford Deflector, Tailgate Letters) I was “politely” informed that they are meant to be used in conjunction with actual service and not straight purchases. After some “polite” pushback :) they made it happen, but had to create a service order... which I earned points on, insane. So, 3rd party purchases are probably unlikely, but definitely worth asking...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
When I tried to use my points for parts (Ford Deflector, Tailgate Letters) I was “politely” informed that they are meant to be used in conjunction with actual service and not straight purchases. After some “polite” pushback :) they made it happen, but had to create a service order... which I earned points on, insane. So, 3rd party purchases are probably unlikely, but definitely worth asking...
I had no trouble using my points for the tailgate dampener at my dealer. And they didn't install it, just sold it to me, so there was no service order.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I had no trouble using my points for the tailgate dampener at my dealer. And they didn't install it, just sold it to me, so there was no service order.
How did they do that? LIke @Scottopia, they had to create a service order for my damper. I had to take it to the Parts dept. so they could order it under the service order. I also had to do some gentle pushback before it would happen. Of course it didn't cover the tax for it, just the part cost.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did they do that? LIke @Scottopia, they had to create a service order for my damper. I had to take it to the Parts dept. so they could order it under the service order. I also had to do some gentle pushback before it would happen. Of course it didn't cover the tax for it, just the part cost.
I honestly don't know. I emailed my salesman, asked if they could do it, he said "sure, I'll let you know when it comes in". About a week later he emailed me saying it was in and I went down and picked it up. I picked it up at the parts counter - I don't know how they wrote it up, but it didn't seem like anything service related was involved. They knew all about it - I told him in the first email I wanted to use Ford Points and he didn't have any problem with it. I've been very happy with this dealer, even though they aren't terribly close to me. Everything I've done with them has been easy peasy....

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Used my points for both service items and for my door sill protectors. I've not read where it is stated for "only" service items. I think it is just that the dealerships are not trained to use the system. Both my parts guys and service look like cave people poking at the computers when trying to get the points to be applied...:D

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
Used my points for both service items and for my door sill protectors. I've not read where it is stated for "only" service items. I think it is just that the dealerships are not trained to use the system. Both my parts guys and service look like cave people poking at the computers when trying to get the points to be applied...:D
Ford doesn't train us to do anything. They announce something new like ford pass, a year or two goes by, they sometimes actually go through with it, then they leave us to figure out how it works when a customer asks to use it. It's embarrassing when a customer knows more about our product than we do.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Ford doesn't train us to do anything. They announce something new like ford pass, a year or two goes by, they sometimes actually go through with it, then they leave us to figure out how it works when a customer asks to use it. It's embarrassing when a customer knows more about our product than we do.
Ya, the parts guy didn't know how to access the rewards point to apply it to anything so He asked service to do it and it got done after a little chat with a Ford guide it was accomplished by service at my auto ranch store in Ontario Oregon.
I bought a hitch stinger and ball and it removed 10,800 points from my 42000 given to me by Ford as a reward for buying my ranger little big man, my name for this little powerful all new Ranger
Oh, and I earned 540 points on my rewards points for that purchase.
1024191317.jpg

Last edited:

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I used my Reward points to cover my first oil change at 9200 miles. The small family owned dealership I went to for service is not the same dealership where I purchased my pride and joy. That dealership was as just fantastic to deal with as the one I use for service, but it’s just too far away to go back to.

Anyway, the cashier had to call for back up in order to navigate the Rewards points program. The issues were resolved in less than 10 minutes. They apologized profusely for the delay and indicated I was only the second customer who used their Reward points. The delay was having to remember how to make it work. I was not bothered at all by a 10 minute wait to save $56.

I find it amazing people don’t use their Reward points. Maybe it’s that people get so wrapped up in getting their awesome new Ranger they forget about the value of their Reward points. It could also be this Boomer well remembers redeeming Blue and Green Chip Stamps for all kinds of household items and is accustomed to saving money any which way possible.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I used my Reward points to cover my first oil change at 9200 miles. The small family owned dealership I went to for service is not the same dealership where I purchased my pride and joy. That dealership was as just fantastic to deal with as the one I use for service, but it’s just too far away to go back to.

Anyway, the cashier had to call for back up in order to navigate the Rewards points program. The issues were resolved in less than 10 minutes. They apologized profusely for the delay and indicated I was only the second customer who used their Reward points. The delay was having to remember how to make it work. I was not bothered at all by a 10 minute wait to save $56.

I find it amazing people don’t use their Reward points. Maybe it’s that people get so wrapped up in getting their awesome new Ranger they forget about the value of their Reward points. It could also be this Boomer well remembers redeeming Blue and Green Chip Stamps for all kinds of household items and is accustomed to saving money any which way possible.
Those of us who had the early orders didn't get the reward points because the program didn't start till 4/2/19. It sucks, but that's the part of being some of the early adaptors. I'd love to use points, but my dealership gives away free first oil changes anyway. I did get points when I purchased my snow tires from them so I'm up to 7,426 :)

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Those of us who had the early orders didn't get the reward points because the program didn't start till 4/2/19. It sucks, but that's the part of being some of the early adaptors. I'd love to use points, but my dealership gives away free first oil changes anyway. I did get points when I purchased my snow tires from them so I'm up to 7,426 :)
I guess I benefited from the many production delays occurring after I placed my order in November 2018. My purchase finally happened in mid April 2019.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Got the ranger last week and i checked my fordpass points, a whopping 0.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the ranger last week and i checked my fordpass points, a whopping 0.
It can take a while to get them reflected in your account. Maybe even 2-3 weeks.