First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
My Ranger had 6,700 miles on it and I decided to get an early oil/filter change as it was due at 10,000 miles. No issues using the rewards and no issue with the tech re-setting the Oil Life via the touch console. The Ford Pass APP took a bit to register the change (couple of hours).

**My question is, if it was originally due at 10,000 miles why it would now be every 3,000 miles using Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 SNPLUS? I realize it is a synthetic blend, honestly I am fine with changing oil/filter every 3K as I still have the equivalent of three more free ones if the rewards do not expire. Curious what oil was used by the factory that allowed for 10K before a change? The Ford Service sticker is saying 3K while the APP is saying 6,300K
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
My Ranger had 6,700 miles on it and I decided to get an early oil/filter change as it was due at 10,000 miles. No issues using the rewards and no issue with the tech re-setting the Oil Life via the touch console. The Ford Pass APP took a bit to register the change (couple of hours).

**My question is, if it was originally due at 10,000 miles why it would now be every 3,000 miles using Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 SNPLUS? I realize it is a synthetic blend, honestly I am fine with changing oil/filter every 3K as I still have the equivalent of three more free ones if the rewards do not expire. Curious what oil was used by the factory that allowed for 10K before a change? The Ford Service sticker is saying 3K while the APP is saying 6,300K
Dealers put a 3k mile sticker on because they want you to come in a lot and give them money. Just ignore it. Actually, I don't think I've ever had the proper maintenance interval on an oil change sticker, regardless of dealer vs garage etc. They always just add 3k because that's what they do.

Also, technically, the first oil change was due when the maintenance minder came on and not necessarily at 10k miles. In my case that was around 8k; the number changes based on usage.

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

My dealer sticker after my first free oil change was listed at 5k. I Called them when I arrived home to inquire. Apparently I was the first person to ever call Planet Ford in Humble Texas and ask this question. All I got out of him was a statement that the truck oil life monitor isn't accurate. I bought my next full synthetic oil change and Motorcraft filter later that week. I'll do it myself at 7500 from here on out. Maybe use my remaining points for a Ford Racing T-shirt or ball cap. I don't believe for a second that Ford engineering doesn't know what they're doing. The dealership on the other hand...

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Dealers do that to get you back in sooner $$$$. Just follow the manual and the service minder.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
I bought my truck in February and the dealer never mentioned a free oil change. Are you all using your ford pass points to do this or did you just receive a free change from your dealer as part of the purchase deal?

OP
OP
Ranger Danger

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
Dealers put a 3k mile sticker on because they want you to come in a lot and give them money. Just ignore it. Actually, I don't think I've ever had the proper maintenance interval on an oil change sticker, regardless of dealer vs garage etc. They always just add 3k because that's what they do.

Also, technically, the first oil change was due when the maintenance minder came on and not necessarily at 10k miles. In my case that was around 8k; the number changes based on usage.

I hear that, though other dealers who have used a full synthetic oil for a change would note 5K for the next visit. I still had 1,400K before the minder would have come on, just being proactive.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
Dealers do that to get you back in sooner $$$$. Just follow the manual and the service minder.
I agree, always follow the manual or do one better. Never liked the thought of just changing the oil and not the filter at the same time.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I bought my truck in February and the dealer never mentioned a free oil change. Are you all using your ford pass points to do this or did you just receive a free change from your dealer as part of the purchase deal?
I used my Ford Pass points which works out to 4 oil/filter changes for me unless Ford expires my points early.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I used my Ford Pass points which works out to 4 oil/filter changes for me unless Ford expires my points early.
I got an email from FordPass Rewards Points the end of April stating that they extended the points expiration until April 1, 2021 regardless of when the points were earned. Took delivery of my truck in July 2019.

054DF450-9DF6-4088-B5FA-1D656A66E968.jpeg

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Oh gotcha. I've seen posts some posts in other threads where people mention their free oil change and couldn't tell if they were referring to their points or actually free oil change.

I think points expire, but due to covid-19, all points are extended until april 2021. Think there was a notification in the ford pass app saying this, but I might be wrong.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to do my own oils changes and hang onto my points for a while. Hoping Ford adds some new accessories I can purchase by then :)

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think points expire, but due to covid-19, all points are extended until april 2021. Think there was a notification in the ford pass app saying this, but I might be wrong.
You were right :like:

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I used all 86000 points to apply to the purchase and install of the Ford Fox 2.0 leveling kit.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I got an email from FordPass Rewards Points the end of April stating that they extended the points expiration until April 1, 2021 regardless of when the points were earned. Took delivery of my truck in July 2019.

054DF450-9DF6-4088-B5FA-1D656A66E968.jpeg
Thank you good to know! I will plan my service to utilize as many reward points as I can by April 2021.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Bump, good till end of month.
Sponsored