Retired Engineer

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Most roads are pitched toward the right for water runoff. This was clearly cleverly designed by the engineers so you will ride flat while underway :)

OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Most roads are pitched toward the right for water runoff. This was clearly cleverly designed by the engineers so you will ride flat while underway :)
Heh, nice try... So, given that the frame/axle distance is different in the back by 1/2" what does that point at? The leaf springs ? What holds the axle in place off the frame ?

OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Image?urlId=hY%2BRl2935T1BzaDZGYMdsxXNdxHdj4zDSRpTCshtKeb915IEjJTzhW2zXMbgySfe.jpg

Leafs or shocks, but its gotta be the leafs.. Cant they just replace them ?

Osage

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Aside from asking a dealer to fix, has anyone actually brought this to Ford's attention. Curious.

OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Dealership is shimming one side apparently... get it back tomorrow. Is this a viable fix? Can't they just replace the leafs ?.

Dennis Harvey

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Is this just the rear end, or is the front end off too? I plan to take a look at mine today. Thanks for all the info guys!

Update: mine seems to be sitting level.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Got it back from dealership after 10 days.. they shimmed the left side springs

upload_2019-4-27_13-27-47.jpeg

upload_2019-4-27_13-28-6.jpeg

Still looks a bit off, but better. They said it’s not guaranteed to be perfect, but since mine was so visually leaning, they shimmed it under warranty

upload_2019-4-27_13-30-33.jpeg

upload_2019-4-27_13-30-17.jpeg

OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
I took the truck to a suspension shop.. Had them install a 2.5 front leveling kit. It looks pretty nice lifted, they said they tried to fix the lean. It still leans.. sigh..

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
upload_2019-5-3_16-36-27.jpeg

upload_2019-5-3_16-36-45.jpeg

Why is this so difficult to fix???
It's bizarre isnt it? Some have it and some don't so what is the difference that makes the difference. It's like the industry's dirty little secret. Ford, chevy, jeep, etc.. all have the issue. Blame it on the gas tank worked for a while I guess lol.

I have seen MANY threads on the Jeep forum talking about all the different things that might cause lean.. gas tanks, wrong springs, mismatched springs, etc... never a solution

Sounds like you just need to accept it..

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I took the truck to a suspension shop.. Had them install a 2.5 front leveling kit. It looks pretty nice lifted, they said they tried to fix the lean. It still leans.. sigh..
Mine has the left Gangsta’ lean also...

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
It's bizarre isnt it? Some have it and some don't so what is the difference that makes the difference. It's like the industry's dirty little secret. Ford, chevy, jeep, etc.. all have the issue. Blame it on the gas tank worked for a while I guess lol.

I have seen MANY threads on the Jeep forum talking about all the different things that might cause lean.. gas tanks, wrong springs, mismatched springs, etc... never a solution

Sounds like you just need to accept it..
With all the possible causes, is shimming the spring on one side really an acceptable fix? It seems to me that it's just a cheap way for the manufacturer to get by until the warranty period expires. I just hope mine is delivered level so I don't have to fight with Ford.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I would have thought that they would put the gas tank on the passenger side to somewhat counter balance the weight of the driver.

Sure hope this gets sorted out.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Tire pressure 45 psi all around
my reply is off topic, sorry....

huh, way over inflated - door sticker says tire pressure should be at 30 psi. Dealers are supposed to check that prior to delivery, but mine too was 45 all around. I lowered then to 30 and it feels a little sloppy to me, so I'm going with 35 now to try that. With so many wheel / tire size options, how can 30 psi be correct for all of us?

I think tire pressure would need to be pretty low to make a truck lean that much. I would guess that this is a suspension part defect. I do not agree that shimming it is the right answer. That is a weak work-around. Ford needs to find out what the root cause is and correct it with a recall.
Sponsored