First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I find the interior comfortable and really easy to use. I can’t read the buttons in most cars. The ones I drive often, I just memorize after a few days and I just drive it. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s my Toyota, Chevy, or Ford. Controls are not the same, but it becomes second nature except the aftermarket stereo in my Chevy.
Sponsored

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I like the overall design and think it's pretty pleasing to the eye, unlike the hideous GMs and the boring looking Tacoma (jmo). I knew what I was buying. The only weird thing to me that I never thought to look for is how the brake pedal is actually left of center instead of being on the right of center and how the gas pedal is directly in front of my hip joint. So stupid. I find myself left foot braking a lot.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I really have no complaints about the interior. The climate control buttons on this truck aren't so bad compared to the 2012 Fusion I used to have. I do miss having the 3 knobs like my older Ford trucks used to have. Much more user friendly. Edit -I'd also like the kick the engineer in the nuts that thought putting power locks only in the back seats that control all the locks, was a good idea. My kids find it funny to annoy me with that lol

Fusion button layout for reference.

2010-2012-Ford-Fusion-SE-Radio-Face-Ac.jpg

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I don't recall my steering wheel having AC controls, only gauge menu, stereo, phone options and cruise control.
In the 10 year old cars they ripped the dash & steering wheel out of you could use the steering wheel to control the ac, but they didn't bother to implement that on the ranger. :rolleyes:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone, please tell the illumination isn't something that has been removed after the 2019 model year...
it is, but it doesn't really matter--it only lit up the PRNDS, and didn't show you what gear you were in (only the dash does that). so unless you've never driven a car before, or your last car is from the 1950s, you probably don't need a second lit up reminder of the shift order.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
How about you people get together and design a dash to your liking. Then when your done try to sell it to Ford. :crackup:

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
it is, but it doesn't really matter--it only lit up the PRNDS, and didn't show you what gear you were in (only the dash does that). so unless you've never driven a car before, or your last car is from the 1950s, you probably don't need a second lit up reminder of the shift order.
well as long as the dash controls (hvac, radio controls) are still illuminated but still, removing the PRNDS light... I'd love to have a conversation with the person that made that decision.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
That is hideous.

All of these complaints are valid, but one curious like, at least for me, is the driver's seat. I have a bad back and the adjustable lumbar "support" when the seat was new was the most painful thing I've ever sat on. I hated it so much I almost sold the truck and I figured out why test drives are so short. I finally had to do major surgery on the torture griddle and after that all was well.
My back is all torn up. Lower back especially. I find the Ranger seats to be quite comfortable.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
well as long as the dash controls (hvac, radio controls) are still illuminated but still, removing the PRNDS light... I'd love to have a conversation with the person that made that decision.
It probably saved them 4.295 cents per truck to remove that.

The Bean Counter who came up with the idea probably got a promotion.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Press the Sync app in Carplay and it will return to Ford Sync, at least most of the way anyway.

apple-carplay.jpeg

I have the Sync button first in my list so that it is always on the first screen when I swipe left or press the split screen button on the bottom left.

The one thing it WON'T do is use the Ford voice recognition so you can't use the voice commands for temperature and such. When I ask Siri to change the temperature she just gives me attitude. I think she's trying to remind me of an old girlfriend "I'm not sure what you're looking for."

If you have a smartphone connected Sync will use the smartphone assistant, ie, Siri or Google Assistant.
You can also press the home button on the steering wheel controls. No need to unplug the phone.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be happy to give you mine if I didn't have to tear the truck up to get to it--it's really that useless.

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
I would like to hear more from you on this.
The lights only lit the sequence. those showed you that PRNDS follow that order, but they never ever had an indicator to show what gear you specifically were in. Thats up on the instrument cluster plain as day.
So, I query what conversation you would have with the person who used common sense. this one wasnt about saving money, it was more about, whats the damn point of lighting them??
My conversation would be like this: why isn't there an indicator that displays the gear I currently have selected to match the lovely illumination? Oh, you would rather remove the illumination rather than add in an indicator? Why did you illuminate it in the first place then? ah gotcha, it was a good idea at the time but now not so much, ok then but...what? two ties downs? you wanna get rid of those too? well ok then then, as long as we get to keep the wiper defrost cause that's actually a really cool feature especially up here in Canada...oh, that's gone as well...hmm...can I have a full sized spare then? YES ! cool, we get the full sized spare !

Kidding aside, I guess removing the illumination would be fine, if that's all that was gone but you've seen the list of small little bits and pieces that were on the 2019 and are no longer there? Doesn't it look like a cost saving pattern to you? If that really is the case, that's fine, I get it but I reserve the right to point it out to them so they know it hasn't gone unnoticed.
Sponsored