First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
Look at the interior of Ford's new Ranger MS-RT. Not sure if it is a 2021 or 2022, but check out the A Pillar Grab Handle. Hope it will retrofit my 2020.

1611598590489.png
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
My 2009 Ram crew 4x4 has these all the way around and want not too happy that fast-forward to 2019 and the Ranger that has the same door sill height does NOT...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like it was made for the ROTW Ranger, not the NA one. Someone tried to fit a ROTW grab handle to the driver side a while back and it didn't fit at all. So my guess is that this won't fit either.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
It looks like it was made for the ROTW Ranger, not the NA one. Someone tried to fit a ROTW grab handle to the driver side a while back and it didn't fit at all. So my guess is that this won't fit either.
Weren't those from a right hand drive?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Weren't those from a right hand drive?
Yes, but I'm making the assumption (maybe incorrectly) that it would be the same for a LH drive - I think the difference is the ROTW Ranger. I could be wrong, but I'd bet that it will be the same.

Anyone feel free to experiment and try it out and prove me wrong! :)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good point - this is a European model, right - a Wilktrack, I think? No upper dash tray either.

ROTW Ranger owners are fortunate because Ford makes a left and right-hand steer version for those markets and if they want a grab handle on both sides, they can order it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thought NA Lariat had them on both sides.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thought NA Lariat had them on both sides.
Nope - the early drawings (even the B&P tool) showed a driver side one, but it was deleted before production started I believe. Mine was built in March of 2019 (near the beginning) and it does not have one on the driver side.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't miss a LH grab handle. The interior A pillar has enough mass for me to grab in order to stand on the door sill when cleaning the windshield.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
That might be handy for me right now....I have my right arm in a sling for the next 7 weeks until my stitched up rotator cuff heals.
Hope you heal quickly Langley. It will be quite difficult to drive with your left hand only :crying:
Best to you :like:

Iancoll

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wildtrack , 2016 mustang got , Mercedes e53amg
Occupation
Company director
Look at the interior of Ford's new Ranger MS-RT. Not sure if it is a 2021 or 2022, but check out the A Pillar Grab Handle. Hope it will retrofit my 2020.

1611598590489.png
yes basically a ROTW wildtrak with a few extras to bump up the price
the orange stitching on the dash and seats is the same as wildtrak just different badge in middle of seats and dash
the 4wd knob is different but we dont get terrain response whatsover in ROTW
even the bodyshell is different than a usa ranger
the tailgate is smooth with ranger sticker and front wheelarches and bumper is different too

Tim Stromberg

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Sport 4x4
Yes, but I'm making the assumption (maybe incorrectly) that it would be the same for a LH drive - I think the difference is the ROTW Ranger. I could be wrong, but I'd bet that it will be the same.

Anyone feel free to experiment and try it out and prove me wrong! :)
You can go experiment right now. Pull on that column cover with you body weight, it'll come right off. The curtain airbag is installed behind there and I'd imagine the foreign models that have grab handles on both sides either don't have those airbags or a metal bracket was built into the airbag deploy design. Adding the handle will require drilling and attaching a bracket through the pillar to hold your weight and I'd worry that might make your airbags not deploy...or blow up the pillar..
Sponsored