Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed that I haven't seen a '21 Lariat on videos or in person with a painted tailgate handle. Ford strikes again to save a buck.
If you get a black one, they're still body colored.....

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I just had to check the garage. Yep, it's painted on my '20. Didn't even notice to be honest with you.

I'm pretty unobservant most of the time. But man you guys have an eye for detail when it comes to our Rangers.

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
The tailgate is the only disappointment I have with my new 2021 Ranger and, oddly enough, the black handle is what I like about it. I have ordered RANGER letters to give it some pop but, in the meantime, the handle gives some contrast to a pretty bland tailgate.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Ford isn't painting the tail gate handle any more! Oh my bewbs are so tender and sore!

Seriously....
If you are the kind of man that drives a Ranger this change should largely go unnoticed.
Like color matched Tailgate Handles? Fine - Paint it and claim your Alpha status as a primo-customizer. You conform the truck to your expectations, not the other way around. Be master of that domain.

Don't care cause you have better things to conquer? Good. That's why you bought a ranger. Go climb a mountain and kill a bear with a Bowie Knife. Let his head hang over the tail gate and no one will notice the color doesn't match when you drive back into town.

But getting upset at Ford for giving you a tailgate handle that doesn't match your body color is like the people that do naked yoga to tan their butt-hole so it recharges their chakra and matches their all body tan. :rolleyes:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm.. minor details I don’t care about. Maybe that’s why I bought a XL lol
Hmmm. My Lariat with chrome package has a chrome tailgate latch handle... Never noticed other Rangers with body color handle... Certainly a degree of difficulty at the assembly plant to have to track color of the tailgate hardware...I can see why this would be deleted as a plant simplification, particularly with the Bronco coming down the same line....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hardy12000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4 (Iconic Silver)
All my handles are black on my 20. It does have the STX Black appearance package though.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So I do paint n body and I had big plans to paint and clear the raw black plastic handles on my XLT FX4 when I got it; I think nuthin about rippin parts off and painting them. Now though I have quickly grown to like the texture and contrast of the flat plastic. I was also going to paint all my Magnetic trim Lead Foot Grey as well but now I like the Magnetic!
Sponsored