Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Brands? No.
But out here in AZ he silicone blades tend to last longer and resist baking on to the glass. They are more $$$ obviously and harder to find but they do work.
I've had 2 different trucks since I've moved out here and have never had to replace the blades on either of them. I'm not sure if it helps but I do hit mine with Graphene a couple times a year which has great UV protection. With the little rain we get here the original ones still work great.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 2 different trucks since I've moved out here and have never had to replace the blades on either of them. I'm not sure if it helps but I do hit mine with Graphene a couple times a year which has great UV protection. With the little rain we get here the original ones still work great.
Most wipers are good for 10 thousand miles and you have to be over that... ?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
never thought about hitting the wipers with UV protectant. good idea. can I do it without having a damper installed????

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
That's $10 cheaper than my RainX Latitude...do let us know how it works out?
I figured with 100 day trial if they can't last an Idaho winter then I get my money back and buy something else.

Better than trying out that damper thingy.:devil::punch:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Still have original ones but they are smearing that road salt now so time to replace.
Your winters are tough on them and they get a lot of use like mine did back east. Here it's the sun the deteriorates everything so I figure some Graphene on them can't hurt. Even coating them with some Aerospace Protectant should help (UV protection) but while I was doing the windshield with it I just hit the wipers and arms too.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I use Rain X on the windows and hardly have to use the wipers as the rain just beads off. I do like to change the blades once a year due to enough use and it does rain in Oregon lots normally. Now Dave in AZ probably doesn't use his more than a handful of times a year. I think I will try the Bosh blades and see how they work.

Thanks,

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I use Rain X on the windows and hardly have to use the wipers as the rain just beads off. I do like to change the blades once a year due to enough use and it does rain in Oregon lots normally. Now Dave in AZ probably doesn't use his more than a handful of times a year. I think I will try the Bosh blades and see how they work.

Thanks,
Rain X going on today in time for the new wipers.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I woke to my first snow of the season, so I went out to play before traffic got out there. It's only -3c and the factory wipers had almost 1/3rd of the center lifted away and not touching the glass. Pretty disappointing considering how little use they've had and it's barely below freezing.

REFLEX Winter blades going on tomorrow.

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
just something to try when replacing your wipers. When I was working at a Ford dealership whenever we replaced wipers, under warrantee, we had to clean the windshield with Bon Ami, as per Ford. It really does make a big difference on how the wipers work.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Bosch Icon or the Rain X Latitude have been awesome for Northern IL - hot summers, freezing winters.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
just something to try when replacing your wipers. When I was working at a Ford dealership whenever we replaced wipers, under warrantee, we had to clean the windshield with Bon Ami, as per Ford. It really does make a big difference on how the wipers work.
Bon Ami can scratch, Bon Ami 1886 formula is supposedly safe for glass.

Last edited:

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I run Michelin blades. Tried using Rain-X and they didn't last very long. The factory ones seem to be best. That's what I'll go back to when I replace the Michelin ones.
Sponsored