Wiper Blades

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
This past weekend I did a Rain-X application, Rain-X wipers and Rain-X washer fluid.

It literally downpoured the next day and I hardly had to put the wipers on (and it was a gully washer too). Love that stuff.
Word of caution for anyone with rain sensing wipers (Lariat only, not sure?). I applied Rain-X and it ruined the sensing. It took weeks for the coating to wear off enough for the sensing to work again. I even tried rubbing alcohol on the windshield and it didn't help.
Sponsored

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Word of caution for anyone with rain sensing wipers (Lariat only, not sure?). I applied Rain-X and it ruined the sensing. It took weeks for the coating to wear off enough for the sensing to work again. I even tried rubbing alcohol on the windshield and it didn't help.
You'd need ammonia or alcohol mixed really stout to dissolve off the wax. Rain X is just a light wax. I'm not a fan. It builds up and hardens into a residue that traps dust eventually. Clean glass and a good wiper do better.

I've always liked Motorcraft wipers, I was putting them on my Jeep before the Ranger actually. Someone linked Rockauto, both correct OE wipers are there for $12 each!

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
I have used Bosh Icon with great success with several vehicles, but if they are not available yet for the Ranger I personally would buy the OEM, Trico Force or Valero from Rock Auto. 26” Left and 16” Right.

As far as the Rain Sensing wipers go, I personally have these disabled, along with Courtesy Wipe.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
You'd need ammonia or alcohol mixed really stout to dissolve off the wax. Rain X is just a light wax. I'm not a fan. It builds up and hardens into a residue that traps dust eventually.
Ditto. Once rainx starts to wear down it's horrible, and you either have to keep buying in or waste a lot of time trying to clean it off.

wrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Cab XLT FX4 HPR, FZ1, KTM 500EXC, MONKEY
Vehicle Showcase
I have used Bosh Icon with great success with several vehicles, but if they are not available yet for the Ranger I personally would buy the OEM, Trico Force or Valero from Rock Auto. 26” Left and 16” Right.

As far as the Rain Sensing wipers go, I personally have these disabled, along with Courtesy Wipe.
I purchased Bosh Icons for my 2019 XLT at least 3 months ago, from the local Auto Zone. I've used Bosh blades on all of my trucks for years, and they work great and last long. The only downside is they are expensive, but worth the price.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

I have used only Bosch Icon wiper blades on all of my vehicles for quite some time now. I am really pleased on how well they work and how long they last. Here is the part numbers for your Ranger: Driver side 26A Passenger side 16A.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase