What to do during LOCK Down

canigetadollar?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
I get what you are saying. That is unfortunate. I'm thinking of Montana or Wyoming for me. I find Texas a little dull. It's got great people and great BBQ but I need more. We have mountains, deserts and beaches and 8 National Parks here. It will be hard to give all that up. I can see Texas becoming California in the next 10 years. Yikes!
Unfortunately we are full and not currently accepting new applications! :crackup: Here's a little taste anyway...
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Jeez, we have people from Mass and NY moving up to Maine to escape covid and they don't understand how we allow Constitutional carry here. I keep saying "don't Massup Maine" Its fine the way it is.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Y’all need to stop trying to California my Texas. Moving here like crazy from there to get away from it and vote for the same type of assholes they did in Commiefornia. I don’t understand that logic.
Doing the same thing here. Just about every darn tag is a CA one now and they're everywhere. Then you get on nextdoor.com and all they do is complain it's "not like back home". :headbang:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jeez, we have people from Mass and NY moving up to Maine to escape covid and they don't understand how we allow Constitutional carry here. I keep saying "don't Massup Maine" Its fine the way it is.
Unfortunatley they will...They already ruined NH! I lived in western MA for over 50 years and saw NH slowly decline with all the eastern MA people move there.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I clap till my hands are raw every time I hear another story about a tech company leaving the Bay Area for TX. Enjoy our refugees... :) we will all be happier without them here.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I clap till my hands are raw every time I hear another story about a tech company leaving the Bay Area for TX. Enjoy our refugees... :) we will all be happier without them here.
I dont live in Texas, but dang thats a scary thought.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
During lock down's I carved and painted this Santa and his walking stick for my wife for Christmas ? he got a coat of satin lacquer after the pictures.

20201224_172018.jpg

20201224_172057.jpg
Wow! What talent! Great job! :clap:

AkRanger

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT HPR
We rented a cabin at the Boy Scout Camp about 60 miles out of town. We are the only ones who have been here for months. They have insulated cabins with electric and a wood stove. Ice fishing on the lake was fantastic today.
5D69513B-34A6-4046-B7BD-77AD6125AF2A.jpeg
A8F60A10-99D2-4344-AD8D-6222EA421818.jpeg
A8DF4217-02D5-4C93-BDDA-DD5F76543ADC.jpeg
2CB8333E-39A0-4876-889E-0161393B79B6.jpeg

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how it is for everyone else but out here in Commiefornia things are getting down right ridiculous. Everything is shutdown. I had Reservation.gov cancel a a campsite that I had reserved for Death Valley on January 30th. You can't get any more distant than Death Valley! All year long I've had reservation cancellations so I've grown used to it.

So I thought that now is a good time to work on some upgrades for my Ranger.....except that I can't because of "COVID" or so they say. Yes, I am complaining. It's just frustrating to see all life come to a halt. Below are the Upgrades that are in the works since November and their status. Figured that some of you are stuck in the same boat with ordering parts and waiting. Plus misery loves company.

• Suspension - Ordered a FOX 2.5 kit with adjustable reservoirs for Front/Back on Black Friday. Latest ETA is February!!!
  • Leaf Springs - Ordered and received. Waiting Suspension for install
  • UCA's - Ordered and received. Waiting suspension for install
  • Wheels - given by my lovely wife for Christmas. Waiting for suspension to install
  • Rock Sliders - Ordered by my wife for my Birthday in November (She's Awesome!) Still another 4 weeks out for 8 week build time
  • Lights - Ordered Baja Designs lights. Received and installed Ditch lights and Chase lights. Waiting for lightbar with no ETA yet
  • Water Heater - Ordered and Built. I tested it at home but that doesn't count. I need to test while camping out on the trail to give it a thumbs up
My truck is sitting half built with nowhere to go. It is still completely capable as is. I Work Hard but I can't Play Hard right now. I'm in need of fun. I'll post pictures when I get home. What are all of you doing to get by in these crazy times?
I'm here in South "Commiefornia". I like the new name. We just hit local trails as they are open, went to Otay 4x4 Trail (just carefully not to get lost cause it can get ugly if you endure in TJ Mexico), Idlewild, Joshua Tree (Berdoo Canyon) and Ramona Mountains. Idyllwild has a nice Camp ground which overlook Morengo Valley.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
We encountered the same while at Zion back in October. We were hiking a fairly empty trail and would come around the corner and they would stop dead in their tracks and whip their masks over their faces like we had the plague while backing up so close to the edge. :facepalm:

The ones that still kill me are driving around with the windows up with their masks on. Yes some forget they're on but just about every single one had CA plates. My friend who just went through chemo doesn't even do this. Fresh air is good for you for Gods sake!
Dave, do they still have fresh air in California? Asking for a friend. ;)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
We're calling it the second invasion of the south down our way Earl. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, do they still have fresh air in California? Asking for a friend. ;)
They should Jim, don't they already have their version of "the green new deal" already? They had rolling blackouts all summer and were told to shut down their utilities during the height of the day during one of their hottest summers. The air there should be crystal clear....Oh wait?

LA Smog.jpg
Sponsored