First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I don't know how it is for everyone else but out here in Commiefornia things are getting down right ridiculous. Everything is shutdown. I had Reservation.gov cancel a a campsite that I had reserved for Death Valley on January 30th. You can't get any more distant than Death Valley! All year long I've had reservation cancellations so I've grown used to it.

So I thought that now is a good time to work on some upgrades for my Ranger.....except that I can't because of "COVID" or so they say. Yes, I am complaining. It's just frustrating to see all life come to a halt. Below are the Upgrades that are in the works since November and their status. Figured that some of you are stuck in the same boat with ordering parts and waiting. Plus misery loves company.

• Suspension - Ordered a FOX 2.5 kit with adjustable reservoirs for Front/Back on Black Friday. Latest ETA is February!!!
  • Leaf Springs - Ordered and received. Waiting Suspension for install
  • UCA's - Ordered and received. Waiting suspension for install
  • Wheels - given by my lovely wife for Christmas. Waiting for suspension to install
  • Rock Sliders - Ordered by my wife for my Birthday in November (She's Awesome!) Still another 4 weeks out for 8 week build time
  • Lights - Ordered Baja Designs lights. Received and installed Ditch lights and Chase lights. Waiting for lightbar with no ETA yet
  • Water Heater - Ordered and Built. I tested it at home but that doesn't count. I need to test while camping out on the trail to give it a thumbs up
My truck is sitting half built with nowhere to go. It is still completely capable as is. I Work Hard but I can't Play Hard right now. I'm in need of fun. I'll post pictures when I get home. What are all of you doing to get by in these crazy times?
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Yeah looks like Commieforina is crazy. I lived there briefly in the mid 90's while in the navy. Beautiful place, lots to do (when it's not locked down) but seems the gov has gone crazy since I was there.

The only restrictions here are on bars an restaurants are at reduced compacity an close early (10 pm). Stores limit how many people can come in at a time.

A guy I know has had his hours cut so he's building up his car repair business, think I'm gonna have him install my leveling struts.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Ice fishing and playing with the ATV!

We are in a lockdown as well. I don’t mind it, I am in the age group that does not fair well.

F4B955D7-8F28-49CA-988E-34E9D14BF910.jpeg

51B3DE49-259D-4FC2-A665-89FE9D65AFE2.jpeg
That looks beautiful! I wouldn't mind being locked down over there. Every time I visit BC I want to stay longer. Haven't made it as far as Ontario yet.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Just sitting here on the forum today as it is raining. Ha Ha.
I see that you are local. We should get a Ranger group together for some offroading/overlanding. When things are open of course. I go anyway but Shhhh

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Yeah looks like Commieforina is crazy. I lived there briefly in the mid 90's while in the navy. Beautiful place, lots to do (when it's not locked down) but seems the gov has gone crazy since I was there.

The only restrictions here are on bars an restaurants are at reduced compacity an close early (10 pm). Stores limit how many people can come in at a time.

A guy I know has had his hours cut so he's building up his car repair business, think I'm gonna have him install my leveling struts.
Those are reasonable restrictions. I could live with that. Can't wait for my leveling kit to arrive!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I see that you are local. We should get a Ranger group together for some offroading/overlanding. When things are open of course. I go anyway but Shhhh

Check in on the California page. There are group trips posted on there every so often.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
That's a nice build you got there. I have been driving. Since picking up the truck in June of this year I've put almost 17k miles on it. That's pretty good considering my commute is only 3 miles. The majority of my driving has been all pleasure miles. The thing is that I can't go anywhere now without being asked to quarantine. I guess I'll have to sneak out this weekend though. It is a 3 day weekend after all.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That's a nice build you got there. I have been driving. Since picking up the truck in June of this year I've put almost 17k miles on it. That's pretty good considering my commute is only 3 miles. The majority of my driving has been all pleasure miles. The thing is that I can't go anywhere now without being asked to quarantine. I guess I'll have to sneak out this weekend though. It is a 3 day weekend after all.
Thanks Drew...my daily search for lunch is maybe 5 miles away but somehow that always turns out to be a 30 mile drive... ?

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I feel your pain waiting for parts, it was three and a half months for my sliders to show.

The first lockdown was heaven for us riders, I'd go out all day on my favorite roads that were EMPTY. It just doesn't get any better.

vmdIfur.jpg

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I feel your pain waiting for parts, it was three and a half months for my sliders to show.

The first lockdown was heaven for us riders, I'd go out all day on my favorite roads that were EMPTY. It just doesn't get any better.

vmdIfur.jpg
I know what you mean. I ride too. Did some trips around the desert here in socal and up to the Sierras on my bike during the first lock down. That is what I consider social distancing.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

vmdIfur.jpg
Beautiful bike...what is it?
Sponsored