Sponsored

What to do during LOCK Down

port43

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Dec 12, 2020
Threads
10
Messages
657
Reaction score
1,948
Location
Detroit Suburb
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
So how long did that poor person have to stand on the side of the road waiting for you to drive by for the perfect shot? Did you at least manage to get it on the first try? ;)
Sponsored

 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
So how long did that poor person have to stand on the side of the road waiting for you to drive by for the perfect shot? Did you at least manage to get it on the first try? ;)
Haha good question! I was actually the one standing on the side of the road while my brother drove, and this was right around the corner from the parking area we skied from that day and I managed to get it first shot. I am actually going to be doing a little bit of photography of the ranger for one of the local dealerships, but i am trying to wait until I have my whole set up installed before I take too many...im starting to get impatient waiting for everything to show up but all in all, I cant really complain because others have been so much more impacted by the pandemic then me simply waiting for luxury vehicle accessories to show up. I will post some photos here once it is complete and ive done a few dedicated shoot days with it
 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
Your post is like going down memory lane. I have been to all of those places, some of them many times.

BC is a beautiful province.
It really is beautiful, I went to college in Ottawa and then started my career in Barrie, Ontario and I think alot of people underestimate the beauty that Ontario and Quebec hold as well. Some of my fondest memories have been driving through Algonquin Park in the fall or spending a summer planting trees in Northern Ontario. I cant wait to be able to go back and visit family in Ontario again
 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
Thanks for the support! And I agree, lots of great rigs on this forum.
Hey RangerVA, i absolutely love your rig. Seems like you use it to get out camping, any recommendations on anything that makes it just a little bit more enjoyable that most people forget about? after reviewing yours, I realized I need to order an awning. It looks like I will be able to mount one on my Prinsu Topper rack fairly easily. I will also have my Great Dane with me anytime we go anywhere, do you bring a dog out with you? I am not new to camping by any means, and ive spent many many nights sleeping in the back seat of my Tundra but told myself that I have earned a full on dedicated camping/skiing/mtb set up. Any recommendations on anything that makes it slightly more comfortable is appreciated
 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
At first, I thought maybe @scubasteve278 staged it and took it himself but then I noticed what looks like a hand on the wheel at 12 o’clock - so, maybe he made his brother jump out and did a drive by - either way, it makes me want to move there just to drive my Ranger around in that setting.

I think I may have made a Sasquatch sighting while I was zooming in.
nice detective work! My Sasquatch air freshener has been with me for over 10 years, i will never let that go! When I lived in Ontario I grew a massive beard and my friends all called me "Squatchy" and i was gifted that air freshener, no matter were i go he (or she?) always seems to fit into the scenery. I have yet to spot one myself ;)
 


RangerVA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Vince
Joined
Mar 6, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
371
Reaction score
1,325
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hey RangerVA, i absolutely love your rig. Seems like you use it to get out camping, any recommendations on anything that makes it just a little bit more enjoyable that most people forget about? after reviewing yours, I realized I need to order an awning. It looks like I will be able to mount one on my Prinsu Topper rack fairly easily. I will also have my Great Dane with me anytime we go anywhere, do you bring a dog out with you? I am not new to camping by any means, and ive spent many many nights sleeping in the back seat of my Tundra but told myself that I have earned a full on dedicated camping/skiing/mtb set up. Any recommendations on anything that makes it slightly more comfortable is appreciated
Hey Steve! Thanks for your kind words! Yes, I always camp with my two dogs. I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a German Shepherd. The Ridgeback rides in the back seat and sleeps in the swag with me, and the GSD rides and sleeps in the truck bed. On some nights, the three of us sleep in the truck bed.

In terms of your question about comfort, I think the small things add up and personal choice is the best metric for what makes up meaningful small things. Quality gear is always worth it, and personal choice is always evolving, but that just means you are, too!

In terms of the Prinsu rack, I’m not too familiar with that rack but for a 270 awning you might need to buy adapters for the brackets.

Hope that helps!
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
263
Reaction score
541
Location
Pasadena, Ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
RangerVA, are there mounts for a lightbar on your bumper just below the Round lights that you have installed. I want to get the ARB bumper and I don't know where to install my 20" lightbar on it. I also have 3" amber fog cubes and would need to find a spot for those as well. Any hints or advice with that ARB bumper?
 

Swingpure

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
572
Reaction score
1,835
Location
McDougall, Ontario
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
There was a women on the CBC news today named Ruth, who looked similar and as beautiful as your wife, talking about her long haul symptons. Her long haul symptoms bother her every hour of the day, every breath, from head to toe and sees 10 Doctors or specialists to help her. She cannot work and can only do about 40% of what she could before. I think a lot of people see the binary choice of you either die, or you get better, but I think the choices in between those Is much greater than many people think.
 

Jeffsmith13

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Sep 3, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
71
Reaction score
294
Location
Clever, Mo
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt supercrew 4x4 iconic silver
Occupation
Railroad engineer
Still hunting season here in Mo . After that I’ll be planning out my garden and building a few more longbows in my shop. Spring fishing will be here soon so I’ll tie a few flies. I’m also working up a few loads for my new suppressor. I also railroad for a living, engineer, and that’s fairly time consuming. I run to 5 states . We don’t really suffer much from lockdown in the Midwest and South. There’s always a honey do list that needs attention too .
 

Fawnbuster

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Threads
62
Messages
2,418
Reaction score
8,958
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1
I was so far behind with chores, hunting season, and carving that Santa that I just now finished this last Christmas gift for my wife. I gave her the solid oak shelf for Christmas but had to make the candlesticks from copper pipe and paint them plus make the box that the basket sets on. The 1st picture is a print she loves that we bought at an Amish market so in the 2nd picture I duplicated it as close as I could gathering parts I needed along the way.

20210114_125545.jpg


20210114_125532.jpg
 

Fawnbuster

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Threads
62
Messages
2,418
Reaction score
8,958
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1
Duke, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. It is one of the weirdest thing about this virus - How some people can be almost unaffected and others get hit really hard. My 92 year old mom, who has asthma and respiratory issues contracted it a few weeks ago, but it didn't even seem to phase her. She is fine now. I expected that if she got it, it would kill her, but it didn't.

Stay safe and know there are people praying that your wife soon recovers from this awful virus.
Prayers for your wife, you and family. ?
 

Cape Cruiser

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Mar 18, 2019
Threads
18
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
2,962
Location
Southern Delaware
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Thanks very much everyone. I really appreciate your kind words, prayers and good wishes. Especially when some of you have also had to deal with health challenges in the past year (so glad that’s in your rear view mirror Bret). It’s nice to be part of such a great online community.

Thanks again!
Duke 2021 will be better, hope your wife is doing well. Bret
 
 








Top