Sponsored

What to do during LOCK Down

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
263
Reaction score
541
Location
Pasadena, Ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
New to this thread and ill try to get it back on topic. I purchased a 2020 Ford Ranger in October 2020, and the next day ordered alot of equipment/gear to outfit it to live out of for 3 weeks while travelling through the Yukon (hopefully) this summer along with many other local planned outings in my local area of BC. My truck is a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4 6' box. I have installed Yakima roof bars and basket on the cab, 3" BDS lift/level, and Duratracs. I also have a decked system that is sitting in my garage. Because of COVID delays, I am still waiting on a Leer 100XR insulated canopy / camper shell, Prinsu topper rack, 50" curved Rigid light, and various odds and ends such as recovery gear/kitchen supplies etc. Absolutely love this truck so far and I am coming from a 2012 Toyota Tundra TRD. I love the smaller foot print of the Ranger and just the overall driving experience. It will be used as a home base away from home while spending summers mountain biking and winters ski-touring in the Kootenay mountains. Love reading this thread and have come up with even more ideas!
I had a trip planned for BC in June of 2020 on my motorcycle. I wanted to visit several Canadian National Parks. Unfortunately the border was closed. I had to cancel the entire thing. So instead of going there I flew to Louisiana and bought myself the Ranger. Not bad eh?
You have a pretty good idea of what you want. That is an impressive list. I am looking into a SmartCap Evo but those are very expensive. Hopefully things will go back to some resemblance of normal and I can make my trip to BC. My ultimate destination is Alaska. Hopefully by summer my truck will be built the way I want it.
Sponsored

 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
I had a trip planned for BC in June of 2020 on my motorcycle. I wanted to visit several Canadian National Parks. Unfortunately the border was closed. I had to cancel the entire thing. So instead of going there I flew to Louisiana and bought myself the Ranger. Not bad eh?
You have a pretty good idea of what you want. That is an impressive list. I am looking into a SmartCap Evo but those are very expensive. Hopefully things will go back to some resemblance of normal and I can make my trip to BC. My ultimate destination is Alaska. Hopefully by summer my truck will be built the way I want it.
If I can make a recommendation for your future trip through BC to Alaska, I would recommend trying to cross the border near Creston BC, over Kootenay Pass into Nelson and through Nelson to Highway 6 up the Slocan Valley to Revelstoke. Highway 6 is extremely beautiful and the bonus is you get a free ferry ride across Arrow Lakes and many natural hot springs to stop at along the way. Ive been all over BC and the interior Kootenay region is really a hidden gem and the reason I live here. Extra bonus, plan to be in Hyder Alaska for early august to watch the grizzly bears feeding on spawning Salmon. I also looked at the Smartcap EVO but ultimately went with the LEER 100XR because it looks rather stealth and doesnt look like an obvious camper set up, which can be good for stealth camping. I have always been a toyota guy but decided to go with the ranger after hours and hours of research and i am glad i did. You sound like you are on track to having an awesome build, look forward to following along! If the borders open up and you want a bit of a local guide as you travel through, let me know! Here is a photo taken on Hwy 6 after skiing in the Goat Range
02A2E643-BA11-4614-8D34-5C11D4EA16EC.jpeg
 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator

RangerVA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Vince
Joined
Mar 6, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
371
Reaction score
1,325
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
1

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Sorry to hear about your wife Duke. This virus is very strange as some get it and get over it without even going to the Dr. Others like your wife are hit very hard. Hopefully she recovers and gets better soon! ? Stay safe up there!
 
Last edited:


Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Praying you stay healthy and your wife makes a complete recovery.
 

scubasteve278

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
61
Reaction score
347
Location
Nelson, BC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Really sorry to hear what you and your family are going through. That must be really tough. It seems that most people are starting to take the measures much more seriously (around here at least) and I am fortunate that my brother lives with me and is also my best backcountry skiing partner, and the nature of what I do in my spare time is already very socially distant. We've been taking all the necessary precautions as well as skiing terrain that is well within our limits to reduce the risk of the burden on EMS. Hope things turn around for you guys and everyone else. Looking forward to following everyones adventures if this pandemic ever ends. Love seeing other rigs purpose built, no matter what it is
 

RedlandRanger

Moderator
First Name
Rob
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Threads
44
Messages
5,194
Reaction score
11,369
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
1
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Duke, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. It is one of the weirdest thing about this virus - How some people can be almost unaffected and others get hit really hard. My 92 year old mom, who has asthma and respiratory issues contracted it a few weeks ago, but it didn't even seem to phase her. She is fine now. I expected that if she got it, it would kill her, but it didn't.

Stay safe and know there are people praying that your wife soon recovers from this awful virus.
 
OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
263
Reaction score
541
Location
Pasadena, Ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
If I can make a recommendation for your future trip through BC to Alaska, I would recommend trying to cross the border near Creston BC, over Kootenay Pass into Nelson and through Nelson to Highway 6 up the Slocan Valley to Revelstoke. Highway 6 is extremely beautiful and the bonus is you get a free ferry ride across Arrow Lakes and many natural hot springs to stop at along the way. Ive been all over BC and the interior Kootenay region is really a hidden gem and the reason I live here. Extra bonus, plan to be in Hyder Alaska for early august to watch the grizzly bears feeding on spawning Salmon. I also looked at the Smartcap EVO but ultimately went with the LEER 100XR because it looks rather stealth and doesnt look like an obvious camper set up, which can be good for stealth camping. I have always been a toyota guy but decided to go with the ranger after hours and hours of research and i am glad i did. You sound like you are on track to having an awesome build, look forward to following along! If the borders open up and you want a bit of a local guide as you travel through, let me know! Here is a photo taken on Hwy 6 after skiing in the Goat Range
02A2E643-BA11-4614-8D34-5C11D4EA16EC.jpeg
I had planned on staying in Revelstoke. It was on the way to Banff and other NP's. The place looks absolutely beautiful from all of the pictures that I've seen. Thank you for the recommendations!
 
OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
263
Reaction score
541
Location
Pasadena, Ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I work in a medical clinic. We do not treat Covid patients but plenty of patients that up come here for surgery are positive. Lots of staff members have contacted it as well. Duke, I will definitely say a prayer for you and your wife. God Bless!
 

Swingpure

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
572
Reaction score
1,835
Location
McDougall, Ontario
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hopefully her symptons go away or that they find a treatment for them.

Covid is so random on who it affects and doesn’t affect.
 

Swingpure

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
572
Reaction score
1,835
Location
McDougall, Ontario
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
If I can make a recommendation for your future trip through BC to Alaska, I would recommend trying to cross the border near Creston BC, over Kootenay Pass into Nelson and through Nelson to Highway 6 up the Slocan Valley to Revelstoke. Highway 6 is extremely beautiful and the bonus is you get a free ferry ride across Arrow Lakes and many natural hot springs to stop at along the way. Ive been all over BC and the interior Kootenay region is really a hidden gem and the reason I live here. Extra bonus, plan to be in Hyder Alaska for early august to watch the grizzly bears feeding on spawning Salmon. I also looked at the Smartcap EVO but ultimately went with the LEER 100XR because it looks rather stealth and doesnt look like an obvious camper set up, which can be good for stealth camping. I have always been a toyota guy but decided to go with the ranger after hours and hours of research and i am glad i did. You sound like you are on track to having an awesome build, look forward to following along! If the borders open up and you want a bit of a local guide as you travel through, let me know! Here is a photo taken on Hwy 6 after skiing in the Goat Range
02A2E643-BA11-4614-8D34-5C11D4EA16EC.jpeg
Your post is like going down memory lane. I have been to all of those places, some of them many times.

BC is a beautiful province.
 

wanted33

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Threads
12
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
7,227
Location
Down south in Dixie
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Prayers for your wife Duke.
 

port43

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Dec 12, 2020
Threads
10
Messages
657
Reaction score
1,948
Location
Detroit Suburb
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

View attachment 67453

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
As someone who always has something to say, I have no words other than that's awful Duke. I'm so sorry y'all are going through this.
Sponsored

 
 








Top