What s the most important mod you learned about here?

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
In reading through threads, you can pick up on a lot of information about our trucks. I didn't know about the 2 part lug nuts, and have since replaced them with solid ones. What have you found out here that you felt was a pretty cool mod?
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Tailgate damper of course!
Ugh it never ends

For me it's Forscan. Pretty cool the control it gives you over a lot of stuff and definitely would not have run across it on my own.

The Livernois tuner I assume is gonna be a good one if they manage to get the chips off the boat.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
In reading through threads, you can pick up on a lot of information about our trucks. I didn't know about the 2 part lug nuts, and have since replaced them with solid ones. What have you found out here that you felt was a pretty cool mod?
Just learned about this now, thanks.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I haven't got my XLT Ranger yet, but two that I made particular note of were: Bilstein rear shocks and see if I can get adaptive cruise control going.
You will want to replace the fronts as well. One of the best things I learned here. And the best mod so far. But I used Eibachs.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Ugh it never ends

For me it's Forscan. Pretty cool the control it gives you over a lot of stuff and definitely would not have run across it on my own.

The Livernois tuner I assume is gonna be a good one if they manage to get the chips off the boat.
Seconded.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I haven't got my XLT Ranger yet, but two that I made particular note of were: Bilstein rear shocks and see if I can get adaptive cruise control going.
Have the dealer change out the junk shocks-struts before you take delivery - work it into the deal. Ford should be horse whipped for specing those at this price point. Maybe on a $15,000 'Amazonia Special', but not on a $40,000 truck in its 5th generation.

First I've heard about the 2 piece lugs - checking into this. A board member pointed me in the right direction to a vendor who had the Bilstein/shocks-struts in stock. This board is a wonderful source of info most of the time.

The board clogging up with useless minutiae serves no one's legitimate interests. Today is a great example. Maintaining your vehicle isn't rocket science, neither is towing a trailer. Stupid is as stupid does. Blaming your 'issues' on everything but where the blame actually belongs is....well, you know.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The forum definitely provides a lot of useful information that we wouldn’t easily find somewhere else.

Some of my favourite “pretty cool mods” are the one-off, home fabricated mods like Jack’s (@OFC Ranger ) crazy ten foot platform and his interior projects, the off the chart homemade “Smart Cap”, winch mount, and sliders that Chris (@Bluestem ) built, and the front 2” receiver that @Heavy Duty fabbed up, which other members have bought from him. Then there are the 3D printed ignition bezel, funnel, and phone charger dock.

So, yeah, if it’s something a member dreamed up and created on their own, it usually gets my vote.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
There really isn’t “1”, more that I can actually do most of them. The how to knowledge has been the coolest.
Sponsored