What has been the most useful mod you've installed? Or most useful upgrade?

MagLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat 4x4 Sport
Hello All.

First post on here. Apologies if this is on the wrong topic.

As the title suggests, what's been the most useful upgrade or install for your Ranger? I'm trying to compile a list of potential upgrades that haven't crossed my mind. I know there is some trolling regarding the damper, so that one is already on my list. ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On a more serious note I like these items below:

Bed extender
Center console tray
Swing out tool box
Bed mat...Helps keep stuff from flying all over the place
Magnet cell phone mount
Battery Maintainer

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I intended to have a trailer hitch but none of the trucks I wanted at the dealership had them, so I paid a shop for one - that may not count.

The bed extender was by far the most 'practical.'

Valuable may be the Velossa Tech Big Mouth only because it seems to be on it's way to paying for itself/saving money on gas.

Haven't installed the Wolfhaus bed outlet (gotta figure out precisely where to cut through the Ford bed liner first) but I'm hoping it adds utility.

So much of the other things are about preserving the investment (mats, windshield visor, UV tint and dashmat) I don't know if that counts. Synthetic oil and the controversial catch can probably if those do.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All.

As the title suggests, what's been the most useful upgrade or install for your Ranger? I'm trying to compile a list of potential upgrades that haven't crossed my mind. I know there is some trolling regarding the damper, so that one is already on my list. ?
The Ford/Fox 2.0 Front Leveling Kit in first place, the Ford Performance Power Pack in second, the damper in third....

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
I intended to have a trailer hitch but none of the trucks I wanted at the dealership had them, so I paid a shop for one - that may not count.

The bed extender was by far the most 'practical.'

Valuable may be the Velossa Tech Big Mouth only because it seems to be on it's way to paying for itself/saving money on gas.

Haven't installed the Wolfhaus bed outlet (gotta figure out precisely where to cut through the Ford bed liner first) but I'm hoping it adds utility.

So much of the other things are about preserving the investment (mats, windshield visor, UV tint and dashmat) I don't know if that counts. Synthetic oil and the controversial catch can probably if those do.
One of the members in a facebook group I'm in installed his with the bed insert as well. Here's that post if it helps.

2021-01-16 13_31_22-2019+ Ford Ranger Club USA _ Facebook and 1 more page - Personal - Microso...png

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’ll find the “most useful” mods are the convenience-related items that Ranger owners are using everyday as well as items that help protect their trucks.

Things like:
  • Tailgate dampers
  • Mud flaps
  • Bed mats
  • Swing out tool boxes
  • Console dividers
  • Floor liners
  • Bug deflectors
Some folks might not consider them to be modifications but I think they fit the broader category we refer to as “mods”. I don’t have all of these items but I still think they are very useful and worth considering for your truck.

Other mods to improve street or off-road performance or those that give the owner the ”look” they want for their truck also deserve mention. Of course, these depend on how you’ll be using your truck.

Have fun making your truck your own and don’t forget to ask Dave (@AzScorpion) about his “KOOL” t-shirt offer!

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hello All.

My tonneau cover. Love it!