What has been the most useful mod you've installed? Or most useful upgrade?

Thephuture316

First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Mine is a combo of two. XLT cluster upgrade from the base STX cluster then added the Terrain Management switch so now I have the Terrain Management feature.
What you can add terrain management?

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4

OP
OP

MagLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat 4x4 Sport
Thanks for all the replies. Added a few more parts to my list of potential upgrades.

OP
OP

MagLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat 4x4 Sport
Honestly it will all depend on what you plan to do with your truck. Are you wanting a dependable daily driver? Do you want the fastest Ranger in the world? Do you want to go Offroad or are you staying on the pavement? These are things you need to consider.

Now you might ask what I did that I really found useful. Well I do have a few answers too that as well. If I remember correctly the first useful thing I did was put in drop in led bulbs for the headlights. Obvious reasons here. Second was the led bed light kit from Ford. I love it because it lights the bed up so well at night and you dont have to go into the cab and hit the third light switch. After that was the lift and tires. I go Offroad so good tires and clearance was in my favor. I am also able to tow at full capacity if I want. After that I got the tow tune(and performance tunes) from Livernois. Besides reliable power gains I was able to correct the speedometer and get the transmission temp gauge. And last but not least(the real first thing done) ford rubber floor Matt's for the truck..... I live in Colorado and deal with snow so it makes since.

Hope this helps!!
Plan is to keep the truck as a daily driver. No plans on any major off-roading... yet. I have added some small quality of life upgrades like All Weather mats, dampener, center console tray and bug deflector. Seems like there isn't too much more I could add that would make the truck more functional for my daily driving.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Plan is to keep the truck as a daily driver. No plans on any major off-roading... yet. I have added some small quality of life upgrades like All Weather mats, dampener, center console tray and bug deflector. Seems like there isn't too much more I could add that would make the truck more functional for my daily driving.
You can still go Offroad in your truck and keep it a daily driver. The Old Man EMU lift woth the 265/70-17 inch tires is still able to be ised as a daily and a truck(not going ridiculous on height) and be able to go many places off road as you chose. Does that mean you should buy that kit tires in that size? Well....... Only if you feel it is the right fit for you but here is my truck so you have an idea at least.

0906201648.jpg

0509201243.jpg

OP
OP

MagLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat 4x4 Sport
You can still go Offroad in your truck and keep it a daily driver. The Old Man EMU lift woth the 265/70-17 inch tires is still able to be ised as a daily and a truck(not going ridiculous on height) and be able to go many places off road as you chose. Does that mean you should buy that kit tires in that size? Well....... Only if you feel it is the right fit for you but here is my truck so you have an idea at least.

0906201648.jpg

0509201243.jpg
Thanks for the info and for sharing the photos. I really like the look of those tires on the truck.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thanks for the info and for sharing the photos. I really like the look of those tires on the truck.
No problem, and remember its your truck and you should make it the way you want it.... As long as there is no boss lady to worry about that is!!!!:LOL:

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I have purchased a lot of items for my Ranger (step rails, bed mat, floor mats, intake scoop, console box, cubby liners, tie downs, and yes, the much loved and maligned tailgate damper), but those are accessories, not mods. Best mod was this utility platform I built for the rear of my SC. More usable space now for my cargo and the dogs love it.
20210108_151036.jpg
20210108_151024.jpg

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
I think you’ll find the “most useful” mods are the convenience-related items that Ranger owners are using everyday as well as items that help protect their trucks.

Things like:
  • Tailgate dampers
  • Mud flaps
  • Bed mats
  • Swing out tool boxes
  • Console dividers
  • Floor liners
  • Bug deflectors
Some folks might not consider them to be modifications but I think they fit the broader category we refer to as “mods”. I don’t have all of these items but I still think they are very useful and worth considering for your truck.

Other mods to improve street or off-road performance or those that give the owner the ”look” they want for their truck also deserve mention. Of course, these depend on how you’ll be using your truck.

Have fun making your truck your own and don’t forget to ask Dave (@AzScorpion) about his “KOOL” t-shirt offer!
You listed the Ranger 5G starter pack! ?? got all those add ons. Now for the more serious stuff....2 inch level kit and tuner.
Sponsored