What oil will you be running after your 1st oil change?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Use any brand name oil that meets Ford’s specs. It’s in your owners manual. Personally I used Quaker State as it was the cheapest at Walmart. Now I get free oil changes for life from the dealer so they can put Crisco in it for all I care.
Mike, I heard that if you use Crisco in a Ranger, it will clog its arteries :sun:
Sponsored

Last edited:

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I’ll be buying the motor craft oil and filter recommended in the manual from rock auto. It’s less than half the cost of buying the same stuff from autozone.

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Right! Just because Porche is being sponsored by M1 doesn't make it a good oil. I have seen numerous tests done on their oil with Di and it wasn't good! It's all in the marketing! Just ask Amsoil and Apple! Lol

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Right! Just because Porche is being sponsored by M1 doesn't make it a good oil. I have seen numerous tests done on their oil with Di and it wasn't good!
I'm calling bullshit. Show us those tests.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
You might be more credible if you could spell Porsche.

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Look on the Mazdaspeed, Mk7 gti & Hyundai Genesis 3.8 g2 forums. Kind of a odd coincidence they all sucked don't ya think? I've owned all and they did not test well with M1 full synthetic

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Look on the Mazdaspeed, Mk7 gti & Hyundai Genesis 3.8 g2 forums. Kind of a odd coincidence they all sucked don't ya think? I've owned all and they did not test well with M1 full synthetic
A Mazda and a Hyundai? :surprised:

Actually that's not strange at all that they sucked.

You say they did not "test" well. Show us test data, actual data from legitimate tests by a lab under controlled environments. Like ASTM D445 Viscosity Testing, or ASTM D5800 Volatility, ASTM D5185 Phosphorus, that kind of testing.

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Well yeah the speed3 had fomoco ALL over the 2.3 ??? So I'm assuming it's not too far away from the current 2.3t. What are you trying to say? That engine was stout af! Same as the 3.8 Genesis engine. Just goes go show what randos on forums know?. No comment on the mk7 gti? Just a tune and dp and mine laid down 330whp & 395wtq?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
If Mobil 1 cost Porsche one penny it wouldn’t be the factory fill. I‘ve never seen a Porsche fail because of the correct Mobil 1.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well yeah the speed3 had fomoco ALL over the 2.3 ??? So I'm assuming it's not too far away from the current 2.3t. What are you trying to say? That engine was stout af! Same as the 3.8 Genesis engine. Just goes go show what randos on forums know?. No comment on the mk7 gti? Just a tune and dp and mine laid down 330whp & 395wtq?
This is a Ranger forum ... you were talking shit about Mobil 1 oil. Back up your statements.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Before retirement, I worked as a fleet mechanic for Mobil Oil,
We had access to a corporate lubrication department which provided us with expert advice on every lubricant .
For my personal vehicles I have run Motorcraft oil and have never had a part which ran in oil show any wear. Of course oil change intervals have increased as oil has improved and as fuel management has improved.
I will use Motorcraft parasynthetic 5W30 in my new Ranger .
It meets the highest standard in the industry.
I have been cautious about extending oil change intervals so I'll probably be conservative and change oil every 4000 miles. I may even hand my used oil down to be used in some older cars as I have in the past.

When asked about oil change intervals I usually respond with this question....
What sort of underwear do you wear??
After the incredulous look on their faces I continue...
Whether you wear cotton , synthetic blend fabric, or the finest silk,
they still get the same skid marks!
Mobil 1 Is as good as it gets, but it honestly won't provide any greater protection than Motorcraft, Especially if you think you can run it after it is contaminated.
Motorcraft parasynthetic 5W30 meets SN+ standards,but moreover it meets ILSAC GF-5 standards. AFAIK there is no higher standard for gasoline engines.

Another point... oil service life involves a lot more than the number of miles, and so oil change intervals should be done based on other factors as well, with the mileage arrived at after those considerations.
Floyd,
Is the parasynthetic you use classified as a synthetic blend or a straight synthetic?

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
If Mobil 1 cost Porsche one penny it wouldn’t be the factory fill. I‘ve never seen a Porsche fail because of the correct Mobil 1.
To what extent is your experience with Porsche? Porsche certified tech, bronze, silver, gold?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I agree with the information in your post and use a Pennzoil synthetic blend myself meeting Ford oil standards. Edmunds has a great video explaining the difference between conventional and synthetic. To me the content justifies the synthetic blend as a top quality lubricant :)
Motor Oil | Understanding The Numbers - YouTube
Sponsored