What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and just getting ready to fly to Boise from Seattle to pick up my 2021 Ranger Lariat. I haven't finalized the deal yet so I thought I'd fly the deal by the group for feedback. MSRP is $40,895. I negotiated a deal, with added Ford OEM running boards, added Ford OEM mudflaps, and Line-X spray in bedliner, for $37,595. That is prior to tax and license but includes all "fees" and dealer crud. Thoughts?
Not bad. Are there no manufacturer incentives? I bought it march and got $3000 rebate, but it was a 2020 and I think those rebates ended end of march.
Sponsored

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and just getting ready to fly to Boise from Seattle to pick up my 2021 Ranger Lariat. I haven't finalized the deal yet so I thought I'd fly the deal by the group for feedback. MSRP is $40,895. I negotiated a deal, with added Ford OEM running boards, added Ford OEM mudflaps, and Line-X spray in bedliner, for $37,595. That is prior to tax and license but includes all "fees" and dealer crud. Thoughts?
I ordered a 2020 last year. MSRP was $44180. I paid $41900 w/0% financing 60 months.

jakelock

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Not bad. Are there no manufacturer incentives? I bought it march and got $3000 rebate, but it was a 2020 and I think those rebates ended end of march.
I think $2500 were manufacturer rebates. The rest was dealer 'best price' discount.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I think $2500 were manufacturer rebates. The rest was dealer 'best price' discount.
Ah. Well, the new car market may be tightening. I don't want to put sand in your vaseline, but doesn't seem like the dealer is giving you much of a discount. But, my truck had been on the lot for a while so I think they wanted to get rid of it.

ADDED: Oh, and I guess the dealer add ons were above MSRP? Did they throw them in for free? If so, then that helps.

jakelock

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Ah. Well, the new car market may be tightening. I don't want to put sand in your vaseline, but doesn't seem like the dealer is giving you much of a discount. But, my truck had been on the lot for a while so I think they wanted to get rid of it.
Unfortunately, i need it for a trip leaving May and it just arrived at the dealer today. i didn't get to do too much pushing. Plus no other rangers are around in about 500 miles that meet my criteria. I would wait another month or so if i didn't need the truck.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Unfortunately, i need it for a trip leaving May and it just arrived at the dealer today. i didn't get to do too much pushing. Plus no other rangers are around in about 500 miles that meet my criteria. I would wait another month or so if i didn't need the truck.
Copy. I added to my previous post, so take that for what it's worth.

The truck just arrived on the lot, so they have little reason to discount it at this point.

jakelock

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Copy. I added to my previous post, so take that for what it's worth.

The truck just arrived on the lot, so they have little reason to discount it at this point.
That deal includes the mudflaps, bedliner, and running boards.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
That deal includes the mudflaps, bedliner, and running boards.
Right, but I was just curious if the cost was included in the MSRP or if they just gave them to you as part of the deal. Doesn't really matter, but if they threw the stuff in then that certainly sweetens the deal.

jakelock

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Right, but I was just curious if the cost was included in the MSRP or if they just gave them to you as part of the deal. Doesn't really matter, but if they threw the stuff in then that certainly sweetens the deal.
Those costs not in the MSRP

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Rebates on a Lariat in my area are good until 7/6. The standard $2,250, plus an extra $750 if it's been on their lots over 60 days. The dealer where I bought mine, has a blue one that stickers at $46,200, selling for $41,318. Unless something's changed in a week, it's invoice price minus rebates.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ranger Tremor, ‘20 Raptor, ‘14 Jeep SRT
Got a '21 Lariat Tremor a few weeks back from a good dealer friend of mine.

I paid $2k below invoice and all of the applicable rebates. I believe it was around $3750 including trade in assist.

I got exactly what I asked for on my trade as well.

Paid the same for my '20 Raptor last year as well.

wyferr

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hi all, new to the forum and wanted to post my info: I'm in Hawaii for what it's worth. I got a 2020 Lariat 4x4 with the 501A package, locking rear diff, trailer tow, and sport appearance package for about $40k.

greypilgrim76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Soul +, 2011 Subaru Outback
Occupation
English Professor
Glad I locked in my incentives when I ordered my XLT last month. They were listed as being good until 7/6, but I just checked Ford's website and saw they'd all dropped by $250. I got $1750 off my XLT, but the current incentive listed is $1500. Something tells me that either the Rangers are selling well or the new stock is gonna be slowing down. (Or both.) I'd debated whether to pull the trigger when I did or wait for Memorial Day. Starting to think I made the right call.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Glad I locked in my incentives when I ordered my XLT last month. They were listed as being good until 7/6, but I just checked Ford's website and saw they'd all dropped by $250. I got $1750 off my XLT, but the current incentive listed is $1500. Something tells me that either the Rangers are selling well or the new stock is gonna be slowing down. (Or both.) I'd debated whether to pull the trigger when I did or wait for Memorial Day. Starting to think I made the right call.
Yep. I feel pretty good about buying at the end of March. MSRP was $45,005. $2700 dealer discount and $3000 manufacturers incentive. All in all I think that's better than what you can get for the next 6-12 months.
Sponsored