What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

24dRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I heard 2020’s were overstocked and wanted to see how well it fit me compared to fullsize trucks. The dealer didn’t have a loaded Lariat that I wanted but was going to bring one from another dealer if I agreed to the deal. We were able to agree on them giving me $24k for my truck ($22k trade value on kbb). The msrp on the truck was just over $45 for 501a, Chrome pkg, FX4, running boards, and tow pkg. agreed price was $38,579.31. I hate having a payment again but $14k for a new truck was hard to pass up. Also, glad to find out that Ford Pass reward points can be used at Flood Ford for ESP package. So will save good chunk of change their too. Appreciate the advice found here.

Raja150

First Name
Raja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Psychiatrist
My Dad had a 25 year career at Ford. Asked him for his A plan. Bought a 2020 silver XLT supercrew with 301A, sport and tow packages, running boards for $30,231 OTD. Was told A plan price is fixed.

tgoulart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
1614167304755.png
MSRP $43,595. Paid $37,850. 2021 Lariat, 501A, Locking Differential (X73), All Weather Carpets/Mats (17C), Securicode Keyless Entry (63C), Chrome Appearance Package (76G). Note this also has the Sand interior. I also negotiated separately (not included in above pricing) for an aftermarket Draw Tite receiver hitch, Line-X spray in liner and Ford hard folding tonneau.

Must haves for me as I was looking: Black exterior, Sand interior, Chrome package.

camel717

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Finance
Just purchased a used 2020 Supercab 4x4 Lariat 13k miles:

-Oxford White
-Bedliner
-Ebony Leather
-18" Lariat wheels
-Power folding mirrors
-Basically all the typical Lariat stuff, not much extra

Immediate/short term parts to be added:

-Running boards (haven't decided type yet)
-Roll up tonneau cover (probably Gator)
-Leveling kit for the front
-Possible exhaust system (MBRP 3" is nice)
-Trailer hitch receiver

MSRP: $40,765
Paid: $33,288 plus $2,xxx taxes, title, registration etc.
Total OTD: $35,847 roughly

My first truck, coming from small/mid sized SUVs for the last 10 years and I'm pumped!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Jaegermeister7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Are either of these a good deal?

Trying to understand the Ranger market as I would like the Ranger as my first truck.

I think I may wait until end of year to see if there are better deals.

All prices after discounts and before taxes, stealership fee, and title fee.

2020 XL 100A w/ trailer tow package, elocker, and bedliner spray for $29k before T&T.
2021 XL 101A w/ trailer tow package, FX4 package, STX package running boards for $34k before T&T.

Thanks.

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
Are either of these a good deal?

Trying to understand the Ranger market as I would like the Ranger as my first truck.

I think I may wait until end of year to see if there are better deals.

All prices after discounts and before taxes, stealership fee, and title fee.

2020 XL 100A w/ trailer tow package, elocker, and bedliner spray for $29k before T&T.
2021 XL 101A w/ trailer tow package, FX4 package, STX package running boards for $34k before T&T.

Thanks.
What kind of "stealership fee" are they trying to squeeze out of you? $29K sounds very good to me, but "stealership fee" raises red flags. This is 4WD, correct?

You're already looking at an end-of-year deal with the 2020. Maybe holding off until the end of the month will give you some more leverage.

Jaegermeister7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
What kind of "stealership fee" are they trying to squeeze out of you? $29K sounds very good to me, but "stealership fee" raises red flags. This is 4WD, correct?

You're already looking at an end-of-year deal with the 2020. Maybe holding off until the end of the month will give you some more leverage.
Thank you and correct, 4WD. I was referring to the documentation and paperwork fees. It was more sarcasm than anything. I haven't asked for a quote from the dealership so don't know what fees they may try and sneak in, if any.

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
Jaegermeister, I see we're both pretty new on the forum. As a Minnesotan are you familiar with Paul Bunyan's axe?

I'll offer my view on the FX4 package; maybe others will disagree, but they can offer their own perspectives. If you're not a rock-crawler, I don't think it's worth the premium. If you do serious off-roading in the Mississippi River bluff country, maybe it is, for the skid plates. But you will get a stiffer ride from the HD shocks. That's my experience with the previous-generation FX4, anyway. I'm off pavement fairly often but the landscape is not that severe.

Also, I found the running boards to be a pain when driving in snow -- they tend to collect frozen slush between the boards and the truck body. Again, that's from the previous Ranger generation, but I don't know why this one would be any different.

The Mrs. finds it a stretch to climb into the cab of my current FX 4 without running boards. That's why I ordered my 4WD XL without FX4 -- I don't think I'll ever need the suspension lift. I did order the locking rear diff. I may do my own suspension mods in the future specific to my preferences.

Cpt.Hawaiian

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX 4x4 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Manager
I was upside down on my last vehicle $4000
$38,482 with the gap insurance and extended warranty
2109 Ranger