What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Seems a little high to me.
Sponsored

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I did X-Plan so mine ended up right around 40 plus fees (title, reg plus a small doc fee). I got a couple rebates plus a $750 "early adopter" rebate. Sticker was 44. As you said, no sales tax. Although I love no sales tax, they get you in other ways, so we still pay. :LOL:

At the end of the day, you just need to be happy with what you pay. Things are so weird right now (and most likely will be for a while), you just have to be satisfied with what you are paying. I'm sure you will love the truck.
Awesome, thanks. I'll open at 34 and see how it goes. I think I'd be happy paying up to 36 or so, as long as the truck turns out to be good. I'm coming from sedans, Hondas so the bar is pretty high. Need a truck badly now, long over due though. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the info and advice.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thanks. I'll open at 34 and see how it goes. I think I'd be happy paying up to 36 or so, as long as the truck turns out to be good. I'm coming from sedans, Hondas so the bar is pretty high. Need a truck badly now, long over due though. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the info and advice.
Well, mine was built on a Saturday (of all things), and I've had no issues other than a very minor leaky turn signal mirror light. It has been a fantastic truck and nothing of note. I'm a bit over 15k now. TBH, I was worried when I saw it was a Saturday build, but it has been awesome. They were working 10 hour shifts plus Saturdays for a while last year which is why it was a Saturday build.

Good luck with the negotiations. Let us know what happens.

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Has anyone done a comparison between the premium B&O sound in the $2000 tech package and the stock sound in the Lariat? What brand is the stock sound? The only thing I can find is info about the 2k upgrade. I watched some videos about it and some audio install company was saying that it's not really worth it, but I think people tend to be audio snobs and just like to complain. I'm assuming the stock sound would be at least OK, and the "premium sound" would be at least good. Maybe not great, maybe not worth 2k. What do you all think, as owners? Thanks.

865RangerVol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger. 2020 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I just joined the Ranger Family. With a 2020 XLT 4x4 301a with black appearance package. Sticker price was 37. I got it for 24,500. I already love my ranger more than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just joined the Ranger Family. With a 2020 XLT 4x4 301a with black appearance package. Sticker price was 37. I got it for 24,500. I already love my ranger more than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned!
Welcome! I have to know how did you get them down to $24,500 (-$13,500) or was that supposed to be $34,500? If you got them down to $24,500 I'm taking you with me for my next Ranger. ?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Welcome! I have to know how did you get them down to $24,500 (-$13,500) or was that supposed to be $34,500? If you got them down to $24,500 I'm taking you with me for my next Ranger. ?
Yeah Man, me too !!!!

865RangerVol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger. 2020 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t take no for an answer. It also was their second sale with me in the building. (Wife’s parents bought a car. I helped negotiate. They sucked me in with a deal). Local ford dealer is awesome!

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Has anyone done a comparison between the premium B&O sound in the $2000 tech package and the stock sound in the Lariat? What brand is the stock sound? The only thing I can find is info about the 2k upgrade. I watched some videos about it and some audio install company was saying that it's not really worth it, but I think people tend to be audio snobs and just like to complain. I'm assuming the stock sound would be at least OK, and the "premium sound" would be at least good. Maybe not great, maybe not worth 2k. What do you all think, as owners? Thanks.
I have an xlt which is the same as the non-b&o lariat. And it sounds pretty good. I cant imagine that the tiny little "sub" in the B&O system adds anything worthwhile, especially not for 2 grand.
Since you don't sound like an "audio snob" to me, I would say to stick with the non B&O system.

I have not heard the B&O system in person though, I'm just stating I am happy with what I got.

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Just joined the Ranger group about two weeks ago when I picked up a leftover 2019

Model: 2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Specs: Ingot Silver exterior, Medium Stone interior, 501A, FX4 Off-Road Package, Sport Appearance Package, Trailer Tow Package, 5" Running Boards, Hard Folding Tonneau Cover, White-Wall Tires

MSRP: $46,045
Price Before TTL: $37,500

50280542862_71c7a56fbf_h.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just joined the Ranger group about two weeks ago when I picked up a leftover 2019

Model: 2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Specs: Ingot Silver exterior, Medium Stone interior, 501A, FX4 Off-Road Package, Sport Appearance Package, Trailer Tow Package, 5" Running Boards, Hard Folding Tonneau Cover, White-Wall Tires

MSRP: $46,045
Price Before TTL: $37,500

50280542862_71c7a56fbf_h.jpg
Best color ever!! (except for Highland Green).

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
I don’t take no for an answer. It also was their second sale with me in the building. (Wife’s parents bought a car. I helped negotiate. They sucked me in with a deal). Local ford dealer is awesome!
Can you show us your sales contract? That’s double what even the most discounted dealers are giving for a 2020.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very happy with the B&O Sound - the 501a package gives you more than just the B&O sound, it gives you things like adaptive cruise, auto wipers (which I thought were kind of stupid but I really like them now) and probably some other stuff. I'm glad I sprung for the 501a package honestly. I was on the fence for quite a while when I was figuring out what to order, but I'm really glad I did - I love, love, love the adaptive cruise - first vehicle I've owned that has it and it is AWESOME.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm very happy with the B&O Sound - the 501a package gives you more than just the B&O sound, it gives you things like adaptive cruise, auto wipers (which I thought were kind of stupid but I really like them now) and probably some other stuff. I'm glad I sprung for the 501a package honestly. I was on the fence for quite a while when I was figuring out what to order, but I'm really glad I did - I love, love, love the adaptive cruise - first vehicle I've owned that has it and it is AWESOME.
Same here. Love B&O, love adaptive cruise control. Oh yes, auto wipers also. Worth it to me!:like:

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I have an xlt which is the same as the non-b&o lariat. And it sounds pretty good. I cant imagine that the tiny little "sub" in the B&O system adds anything worthwhile, especially not for 2 grand.
Since you don't sound like an "audio snob" to me, I would say to stick with the non B&O system.

I have not heard the B&O system in person though, I'm just stating I am happy with what I got.
Thanks. Yeah I would definitely not class myself as an audio snob. For example I use bose soundlink headphones whenever I exercise and they sound great to me. I know some people consider that "premium sound" but I've read plenty of audio snobs say bose sucks so I don't know. Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah that's true. I consider that stuff optional not mandatory though. It would be nice to have but I have never had any of it before so I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker. I think you can add all of that stuff aftermarket (with the exception of the adaptive cruise control?) for a comparable price so I guess I can add good sound later if I'm unhappy and I know the remote start kit is something like 200 bucks. Not sure about the wipers, frankly never even heard of those before this.

I considered the wipers gimmicky but maybe I'm wrong. I know I swapped to keyless entry/push button start about 5 years ago and I'm NEVER going back. One of the main reasons I started looking at the Ranger over the Canyon actually. So many people in the Canyon forums saying dumb stuff like "hOw HaRd iS It tO tUrN a KeY???". It's not hard, but if you're carrying stuff or wearing coats, gloves, etc, a lot of the time it's inconvenient to have to fish out the key from your pocket just to push a button that is totally unnecessary. Even worse that the key isn't attached to the FOB so the FOB smacks against the steering column any time you go over a bump. In a Denali trim level? Come on....

So yeah, I can see your points. I guess I'll keep an open mind. I am most concerned with getting at least a Lariat 4x4 and I want to get a good deal. So if I can get a good deal for one with a tech package, I just might do that. Thanks for everyone's feedback!
Sponsored