What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

LoneRanger!

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger xlt
From the supposed "largest" volume dealer in the country, Brandon Ford. This truck is NO deal to me! https://www.brandonford.com/vehicle-details/new-2019-ford-ranger-xlt-tampa-fl-id-33774204

They added ALL of the rebates they could to drop the price and I don't qualify for ANY of them! AND there is 900.00 worth of doc fees that get tacked on AFTER the price goes up. I guess the Greater Tampa area has enough people to sell too?

L.R.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Yes, the Monroney sticker did include destination. The actual MSRP was $41,630. I was just breaking it out that way because their (Koon's Ford of Baltimore) sales price does not include freight. If I had left the MSRP at $41,630, and then listed all my fees, the amount I got off would have been too high by one factor of the $1195.00. Since I had to pay Freight in addition to the sales price, it had to come out of the MSRP for my deal to be accurate.

I guess I could have just written it as:
MSRP $41,630
Sale Price $30,648

(Plus processing, taxes, tags)

So I ended up getting the $6100 in incentives and then another $4882.00 additional for them being a high volume dealer. They could have hidden something in there, but it seems like as good of a deal as I have seen anyone get, so I'm happy :)
Been loving the truck other than that I can't seem to get anywhere near the MPG that some people are getting. I'm at about 1700 miles and I average 18-20 MPG (70% city, 30% highway).
Glad that you did not get 'took' and that you are enjoying your Ranger.
An unscrupulous Chevy dealer attempted this on my nephew last July, I had accompanied him to this dealer on his quest for a 2019 Silverado.
Like Ford, Honolulu has just 3 Chevrolet dealerships.
As the salesman was explaining the prices, he mentioned an additional 'destination charge' of 2 thousand dollars, he had a copy of the window sticker in front of him, and sure enough, there already was such a fee listed, I don't remember exactly how much it was. I questioned him about this fee and asked him to provide a Pasha or Matson Lines bill of lading he ignored me and continued. My nephew then asked to provide proof for this also, he came back with a sarcastic remark "did we expect the truck to swim to Honolulu"?
I explained to him that I knew exactly what and why Chevy adds this fee to the sticker and it made no difference whether the truck had to travel 5 or 5K miles.
As we stood up and walked out he chased after us and said he could "make a deal" on this charge, I looked him straight in the eye and told him precisely what he could do with that truck.
We went to another dealership, my nephew bought a very similar Silverado from them, sans an additional destination charge.

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I still get a smile each time I think of this text. So for a week or so after purchasing I was still getting texts and phone calls from sales guys inquiring if I was still interested in a Ranger. With most, I politely told them I had made a purchase. This guy, caught me at just the right time. I had to call BS.

PS, regarding the Ready Ramp, still have not had time to use it and post some pics. Hopefully soon...

11.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I still get a smile each time I think of this text. So for a week or so after purchasing I was still getting texts and phone calls from sales guys inquiring if I was still interested in a Ranger. With most, I politely told them I had made a purchase. This guy, caught me at just the right time. I had to call BS.

PS, regarding the Ready Ramp, still have not had time to use it and post some pics. Hopefully soon...

11.jpg
Lol! you were actually very civil with that salesperson, my text responses would ban me from this forum...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Seems like nobody is buying without the rebates of December, wondering if Ford will run them again soon to get the ā€˜19s off the lot. Iā€™m tempted to trade in my 2wd for an fx4 already

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seems like nobody is buying without the rebates of December, wondering if Ford will run them again soon to get the ā€˜19s off the lot. Iā€™m tempted to trade in my 2wd for an fx4 already
The choice is purely yours, I say go for it...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
The choice is purely yours, I say go for it...
Definitely considering it. Didnā€™t realize how much i would enjoy owning a truck only after such a short time and recently started watching some overland videos on YouTube and it has me really interested. Depending on whatā€™s offered in the near future, been looking at an FX4 or Tacoma off road.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Definitely considering it. Didnā€™t realize how much i would enjoy owning a truck only after such a short time and recently started watching some overland videos on YouTube and it has me really interested. Depending on whatā€™s offered in the near future, been looking at an FX4 or Tacoma off road.
Well, depending on what you paid for your present 2019 and the OTD price on your proposed FX-4 I say again, do it man.
Personally, I would not even consider a Taco, but to each his own. The Gladiator may be ideal for overlanding, but it's ridiculously expensive. Even the upcoming Bronco may float your boat, something tells me that Ford is going to sell a bunch of those.
Did you know that we locals here consider Vegas the "ninth" island in the state of Hawaii? I'll be there this fall for the SEMA show, the last time I was there was in 2007, I did that convention annually for 10 years straight, time to see psychedelic colored wiper blades and woodgrain dash inserts in every wood species known to man again.
Keep us posted!

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I am of similar thinking and have been tracking inventory at several Seattle area dealers. For 2019 Lariat Super Crews I recorded 168 at five of the largest Seattle area dealers on 12/23. As of 1/11, that number is 162.

Partially unrelated, I am curious what everyone's experience has been in negotiating using KBB and Edmunds reporting. I had a polite and professional round of in person negotiating on a Tacoma with a dealer and one of our sticking points was they were insisting that the invoice price provided by both Edmunds and KBB was not accurate.

The dealer insisted (and showed me a report on their computer) that indicated that their invoice was about $1200 higher than the information I had. I told them that I didn't believe that was the accurate invoice price and that they're not legally obligated to show me an accurate invoice number so I could only depend on the Edmunds/KBB value. We discontinued our negotiation about $1500 apart.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am of similar thinking and have been tracking inventory at several Seattle area dealers. For 2019 Lariat Super Crews I recorded 168 at five of the largest Seattle area dealers on 12/23. As of 1/11, that number is 162.

Partially unrelated, I am curious what everyone's experience has been in negotiating using KBB and Edmunds reporting. I had a polite and professional round of in person negotiating on a Tacoma with a dealer and one of our sticking points was they were insisting that the invoice price provided by both Edmunds and KBB was not accurate.

The dealer insisted (and showed me a report on their computer) that indicated that their invoice was about $1200 higher than the information I had. I told them that I didn't believe that was the accurate invoice price and that they're not legally obligated to show me an accurate invoice number so I could only depend on the Edmunds/KBB value. We discontinued our negotiation about $1500 apart.
A benefit of using Ford's X-Plan program is that the selling dealer is required to show you the invoice price for the vehicle, it is from this amount where your price is established. You must verify your eligibility in using this plan before being shown the invoice price.
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto

majorv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
I got a 2019 XLT FX4 supercrew. With the 302a pkg, towing, tech pkg, 18ā€ wheels, running boards and off road pkg, the window sticker totaled $42,225. With the incentives they were offering in Dec, I got it for $32,125.

TodOneD

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500 Diesel
Question for everyone that got the dealer incentives on top of the XLT $6100 rebates during the black Friday sale. Did you finance, pay cash, have a trade in that was worth a lot? I keep seeing people that got up to $3700 more off than I did, I was told I didn't qualify for more off and the whole process was shady. I gave the dealer a bad review with Ford (the finance guy and salesman were trying like hell to get over on me and hide fees and not give me the standard rebates) and they offered to cancel my deal and swore I couldn't have gotten a better price.
I contacted every dealer in New Mexico and could only find one dealer who was willing to do more than $500 plus the rebates... ending up buying in Colorado... So, from my experience, there are quite a lot of dealers trying to get you to buy with the only discount being the rebate. I financed with Ford... not once did it appear that the deal was contingent on specific financing... I think it just a matter of finding the right dealer... several that I contacted in Colorado were willing to go "invoice" plus rebate, but that ends up not as good of a deal. I think everyone in life has good deals and bad deals that they have made... (I have made some really bad ones at times) and it sounds like the one you made did not equal the ones you hear about on this forum -- but those deals definitely take time and a lot of work too! And yeah, don't go to that dealer ever again! They are trying to make money off people that you aren't like!

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Honda Element EX
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
Good day! New member but I've been lurking since the site went live.

I've searched and couldn't find any answer so I was hoping someone might have some insight.

I've been in the market for a Ranger since they announced the release but I can't seem to find any dealers around me who are willing to deal. Some of the out-the-door prices I'm seeing here are pretty shocking, so of course I'm looking for a similar deal.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a high-volume dealer near St. Louis, MO?

bjscott05

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Good day! New member but I've been lurking since the site went live.

I've searched and couldn't find any answer so I was hoping someone might have some insight.

I've been in the market for a Ranger since they announced the release but I can't seem to find any dealers around me who are willing to deal. Some of the out-the-door prices I'm seeing here are pretty shocking, so of course I'm looking for a similar deal.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a high-volume dealer near St. Louis, MO?
Iā€™m in STL as well and havenā€™t found anyone really willing to negotiate even on 19 models. Seems that dealers take xplan pricing as their ā€œdiscountā€ and then only apply the ford rebates. Not much wiggle room outside of that it appears. Best bet is to wait for deeper rebates on the XLT again or a little more on the Lariat.
Sponsored