What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good day! New member but I've been lurking since the site went live.

I've searched and couldn't find any answer so I was hoping someone might have some insight.

I've been in the market for a Ranger since they announced the release but I can't seem to find any dealers around me who are willing to deal. Some of the out-the-door prices I'm seeing here are pretty shocking, so of course I'm looking for a similar deal.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a high-volume dealer near St. Louis, MO?
Hi Steve,

Sounds like you need an X Plan..then all the Dealer's cards have to be face up...Search X plan on these forums and you will find out how to get around the Dealers in your area not dealing.... Dealers are under no obligation to allow X plan, and if they refuse...go to another dealer

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

bemisgt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2004 Ranger Edge 4x4,

I've searched and couldn't find any answer so I was hoping someone might have some insight.

I've been in the market for a Ranger since they announced the release but I can't seem to find any dealers around me who are willing to deal. Some of the out-the-door prices I'm seeing here are pretty shocking, so of course I'm looking for a similar deal.

Around here there is currently a 3250 rebate on the Lariat plus 1000 owner loyalty and a 1.9% for 60 months plus 1000 customer loyalty on the all Rangers. I bought mine with the Black Friday incentives and got a little over 10,000 off with dealer discount. I'm not seeing anything like that around here right now though.

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Honda Element EX
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
I’m in STL as well and haven’t found anyone really willing to negotiate even on 19 models. Seems that dealers take xplan pricing as their “discount” and then only apply the ford rebates. Not much wiggle room outside of that it appears. Best bet is to wait for deeper rebates on the XLT again or a little more on the Lariat.
I did have my eye on almost the exact 2019 build I was wanting, and was waiting for some EOMY deep discounts but, as you said, the local dealers don't seem to be budging.

Hi Steve,

Sounds like you need an X Plan..then all the Dealer's cards have to be face up...Search X plan on these forums and you will find out how to get around the Dealers in your area not dealing.... Dealers are under no obligation to allow X plan, and if they refuse...go to another dealer

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Phil, I've already looked into the X-Plan and I'll be going that route for sure.

Around here there is currently a 3250 rebate on the Lariat plus 1000 owner loyalty and a 1.9% for 60 months plus 1000 customer loyalty on the all Rangers. I bought mine with the Black Friday incentives and got a little over 10,000 off with dealer discount. I'm not seeing anything like that around here right now though.
That's one of those amazing discounts I was talking about. Was that on in-stock models only? I'm concerned I won't be able to find what I'm looking for in stock?
Is the owner loyalty for people who own or trade-in Ford vehicles as part of the purchase?

My build would be:
4x4 SuperCrew Lariat
Black appearance package
FX4
Trailer Tow

I haven't decided on Paint or Interior color yet though.
I've always been a White car guy, but the new Rapid Red caught my eye.
I kind of like the Medium Stone leather too but I'd like to see it in person first.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Thanks Phil, I've already looked into the X-Plan and I'll be going that route for sure.
If I were you (I'm in a similar boat) I think you're going to be able to get a better deal without X-Plan as soon as February. It shouldn't be hard to get under invoice at all I'd think if you can wait it out a few weeks. X-Plan makes sense if you hate negotiating but it's not always the best deal. You don't get a $10k discount with X-Plan specifically.

These are 2019 vehicles being sold in 2020 that already have taken a depreciation hit on that alone. I've continued to monitor inventories here in Seattle, one of the bigger dealers had 39 Lariats SuperCrews on the lot on 12/21, today nearly a month later that number if 37. If you can wait, dealers will want to start moving these and hopefully Ford helps them out with additional rebates.

LoneRanger!

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger xlt
I hope they kick in the xlt rebates on 2019's, I dont want a lariat, and Id like to be somewhere around 27K before tax.

L.R.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I visited a dealer last week that is eager to get the 2019s off his lot, which is nice because it seems like most dealers in the puget sound are not. He also had more Lariats that XLTs and is willing to discount them more and said the Costco discount was currently better than the X-plan. I imagine that around President’s Day there will be some promos that could get a base XLT close to 27k but maybe not all the way there, at least not in my market.

I’m hoping to snag a red or blue Lariat for 32k-ish in the next couple weeks.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4

Im in that area as well. I think one of the highest volume Ford dealers around might be Sunset Ford at Lindbergh and 30. Not sure if they can meet your pricing, but the first time I test drove one there the sales person said essentially no discounts. Then a few months later there was enough discounts and incentives to make the price comparable to the Tacomas I was looking at.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I'm also in the Seattle area. As of a few weeks ago Harris/Pierre weren't budging much beyond 15% off MSRP w/ a trade in (less discount without) and same for Evergreen Ford. A buddy who recently bought an F-150 and I both agree that Evergreen seems to be more up front in negotiations and working a deal than Harris/Pierre. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a loaded 2020 Tacoma for about that same price right now.

bemisgt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's one of those amazing discounts I was talking about. Was that on in-stock models only? I'm concerned I won't be able to find what I'm looking for in stock?
Is the owner loyalty for people who own or trade-in Ford vehicles as part of the purchase?

My build would be:
4x4 SuperCrew Lariat
Black appearance package
FX4
Trailer Tow

I haven't decided on Paint or Interior color yet though.
I've always been a White car guy, but the new Rapid Red caught my eye.
I kind of like the Medium Stone leather too but I'd like to see it in person first.[/QUOTE]

In stock 2019's only as the 2020's were being built by that time. Fortunately I was able to find close to what I wanted at a dealer near me. The current 2020 Ranger rebates also apply only to in stock.

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Honda Element EX
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
Im in that area as well. I think one of the highest volume Ford dealers around might be Sunset Ford at Lindbergh and 30. Not sure if they can meet your pricing, but the first time I test drove one there the sales person said essentially no discounts. Then a few months later there was enough discounts and incentives to make the price comparable to the Tacomas I was looking at.
That's good to hear. I like Sunset Ford and have bought parts there for decades.

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
Late post but I got a lightning blue supercrew xlt w fx4, black appearance package, spray in bedliner, tow package, technology package, and locking rear diff for $29,206 before taxes on January 3rd which was the last day of the dealer's FY. MSRP was $41,065.

bemisgt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Late post but I got a lightning blue supercrew xlt w fx4, black appearance package, spray in bedliner, tow package, technology package, and locking rear diff for $29,206 before taxes on January 3rd which was the last day of the dealer's FY. MSRP was $41,065.
That is a great deal IMO!

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
dang that’s what I paid for a Sport pretty much.

Ed Venture

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I'm late to this as well. I thought I got a pretty good deal, but not as good as Yamahauler! I bought my Ranger in Buda, TX (just south of Austin) January 2nd. Chili Pepper Red XLT, FX4, Locking Rear Diff, Tow Package, Technology Package, Chrome Package, Remote Start, Keypad Lock

MSRP - $41,715
Negotiated Price Before Taxes - $31,200

Best,

Ed

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I'm late to this as well. I thought I got a pretty good deal, but not as good as Yamahauler! I bought my Ranger in Buda, TX (just south of Austin) January 2nd. Chili Pepper Red XLT, FX4, Locking Rear Diff, Tow Package, Technology Package, Chrome Package, Remote Start, Keypad Lock

MSRP - $41,715
Negotiated Price Before Taxes - $31,200

Best,

Ed
25% off is a steal! You got a great deal.
Sponsored