What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
This is when I miss Florida! We use to go to the Snook Inn on Marco Island for happy hour. You could sit on the dock and watch the dolphins and the pelicans diving for fish there. There was one area near my parents house there where the manatees (see cows) would come into the end of the canal and just float around there. They're so ugly they're cute. lol

MANATEES.jpg
Crystal River is great for the manatees too.
Sponsored

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger XLT/‘03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
It was a productive day and the Ranger got to play a part in it.

This morning I loaded up a bunch of tools and went to a piece of property that I inherited from Dad in 2019. I had to help a friend of Dad get two out of three cars moved to be trailered away at a later date. He had purchased them from Dad before he passed away.

IMG_20210407_091946526.jpg

On the way there, I stopped along a road that I had stopped on back in 1988 to make a picture of my '86 Ranger. Today I made the "now" picture.

Then...

IMG_20210407_200023390~2.jpg

Now...

IMG_20210407_094548104~2.jpg

I didn't make pictures during the removal process because I was wearing rubber gloves and Mechanix gloves. Didn't want to scratch up the screen on the phone.

We pulled a '66 Convertible out of this old building.

IMG_20210407_142537787.jpg

In the mid 1980s, Dad traded a beautiful running and driving '69 Buick Riviera for this. (Facepalm, lol)

IMG_20210407_143456089~2.jpg

And we put a rear end under this one pictured below to get it movable. The front drums were seized. We gave up trying to break them loose and just drug it to the property line. We were using an old 90's era Chevy truck to do all the hard work. The Ranger would have gotten scratched all to #%*! If we had used it in that jungle.

This one is going to be a parts donor for the convertible.

IMG_20210407_142705514~2.jpg

Dad's friend is in his 70's and I'm in my early 50's That man is a workhorse. :O I couldn't keep up with him.

We go back in a few weeks to get one more moved to the property line. (A '65 Hardtop) Once that is done, the property goes up for sale.

The Trek Step got used for the first time today. It comes in very handy for this old man with two different back injuries.

IMG_20210407_154721908.jpg

P.S. I brought this old Model A wheel home to use as yard art.

IMG_20210407_154732622~2.jpg
Is that the same Ranger in both pictures? Then and now?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I haven't been back down there since 2008. It's a great area and have been trying to convince my gf to maybe buy a condo or second home down there. She doesn't care for FL but she's only been to Disney and I told her that's not Florida. lol If my Bronco comes in late next year we have a back up plan to head south east from Iowa down to Florida and down the whole Gulf coast.

Last edited:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Come on down!!! Think she'll like the coastal areas much more. The gulf coast is amazing from the Emerald coast on down to SW FL. Crystal River is a must too. Plenty of places to rent a boat and get on the water. Covid has been pretty easy here with all the days spent boating.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Come on down!!! Think she'll like the coastal areas much more. The gulf coast is amazing from the Emerald coast on down to SW FL. Crystal River is a must too. Plenty of places to rent a boat and get on the water. Covid has been pretty easy here with all the days spent boating.
One way or anther we're coming back down there soon. I'm getting my Bronco in IA and was planning on driving back through SD, MT, WY, ID, and CO or UT. If this chip shortage causes more delays and it ends up being late fall ('22) we're defiantly going south to FL and hitting the Gulf coast down to Marco Island. We use to rent boats there and go up through Naples into Port Royal and check out all the mansions there. Way to rich for me now but still a nice area to check out. Will let you know and maybe you can let me know some good places in the area to check out. :D

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Loaded up True North with a set of tires and aftermarket wheels from my 2001 Ranger and delivered them to a happy buyer. Who says you can’t get rid of used wheels and tires at a decent price?

EC4A1BCE-AC6C-4CF0-8B9A-EA41D635FA45.jpeg

01600955-0A1B-40D7-AA66-731A224ED9D1.jpeg

Now I can buy an engine cover and some tie-downs. Heck, I’m so happy, I might just get a damper. Okay, that was a lie, maybe a couple bottles of single-malt instead.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if I go out with the boys you know what ends up in the freezer! ??
Wait! What? You still got those???

I thought they shriveled up, turned black and fell off, like a baby's belly button??!!:crackup::lipssealed:

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Is that the same Ranger in both pictures? Then and now?
No, it's an '83 that Dad bought a long time ago. The plan was to put a 302 in it, but like most of Dad's project cars, nothing happened.

I traded my '86 Ranger for an Eddie Bauer Bronco. around 19 years ago.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
My mom has a place on the Banana river in Merritt Island and they will bump your kayak around when your out there. Man I may have to get the kayak out tomorrow.

drano38

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Well, it was yesterday, but a road trip.
A member on another forum bought some of my Boss 302 mods, so loaded them up and met him at my parents house - shortened his drive, and I got to see my Dad again, who is aging at a faster pace.
On the way home, stopped at Brau Brothers Brewing. Had their Bohemian Pilsner and the smoked brisket/gravy/sauteed onion, mushroom, cheese sandwich and fries.
Yep, that's an old fire truck converted for beer taps. More taps to the left, and the taps for their homemade soda are on the back.

IMG_20210410_181333528.jpg