Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an old brass steam whistle from the steel plant, used to signal start and quitting time, and lunch breaks. $$ And yeah, pickers got weird, although they've been in and near our area in PA a few times.
BTW, are you near Tell City, IN? Been there a few times to the Waupaca foundry. They make ALL the drums and rotors in every Toyota in the US (according to their plant manager, who drives a big-ass black Tundra).

Is the whistle from the steel plant where you worked? Either way that is a cool keepsake.

Tell City is about 70 miles west of Louisville. I am on the southern edge of Metro Louisville. I have not been there. I had no idea there was a foundry there, but not surprised. This area is probably the next best thing to southern Michigan when it comes to Auto plants and their suppliers. Two Ford plants in Louisville alone, Corvette plant in Bowling Greene, Toyota plants in George Town Ky. and Evansville In. Tell City is very close to Evansville. And Ford is building a huge battery plant just south of Louisville and a mega plant in Tennessee.
Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Is the whistle from the steel plant where you worked? Either way that is a cool keepsake.

Tell City is about 70 miles west of Louisville. I am on the southern edge of Metro Louisville. I have not been there. I had no idea there was a foundry there, but not surprised. This area is probably the next best thing to southern Michigan when it comes to Auto plants and their suppliers. Two Ford plants in Louisville alone, Corvette plant in Bowling Greene, Toyota plants in George Town Ky. and Evansville In. Tell City is very close to Evansville. And Ford is building a huge battery plant just south of Louisville and a mega plant in Tennessee.
Yup, I salvaged it from up near the crane run before they demo'd the building.
Tell City is right on the river, pretty low...scared me when I saw the flood gates that were open at the levee. If you ever go there, the Pour Haus is a must...went thru Louisville on the way, traffic nightmare!

WP_20160524_21_58_28_Pro.jpg

20190128_202528.jpg

20190129_145532.jpg

WP_20141024_023.jpg

WP_20141024_026.jpg

20190128_154341.jpg

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
I apologize for @subquark Kristina...the poster is derogatory, and no one needs to mansplain how to load a pickup truck to you!! Also noted the "manly" poster is from GM, apparently their owners need this reminder?
But who knows, maybe I am just an accessory, sitting on passenger seat and don’t even know how to drive the thing ?
(Pic from an event, wigs, clothes.)
2971A314-C6FE-4C56-AB87-BB1E441A3A4E.jpeg

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
First grass cutting of the year.

IMG_5707.jpeg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I salvaged it from up near the crane run before they demo'd the building.
Tell City is right on the river, pretty low...scared me when I saw the flood gates that were open at the levee. If you ever go there, the Pour Haus is a must...went thru Louisville on the way, traffic nightmare!

20190128_154341.jpg

Love those pictures. I am sending the Keg picture to a plumber friend of mine. He is a code expert and teaches plumbing code and CEU classes. He will have fun with that picture.

That last picture is the KFC Yum center. Sometimes referred to as the chicken bucket. Home to the Louisville Cardinal basketball team.

Salvaging that whistle was awesome on your part. Many years ago I did some dumpster diving and salvaged this control board when Kentucky Truck Plant put in a more modern "monitor room". This one was installed in 1969, built by Ford/Philco and was based on missile control room technology. I hung it in the training center. Wish it was hanging in my garage.

monitor room control web.jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
You do hear Neil Diamond. I have many of his songs on my playlist.
some place in my garage or attic is stack of his 8 tracks.... i should find them and shock my niece and nephew with them. they will never believe that music came on such a thing

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I leveled my Ranger today, fixing the bed height defect.
What’s with all the fencing material Eli? That fence of yours still has a few good years left. :wink:

9F8691AB-273D-4DA9-9323-4EEBAA05AB84.jpeg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
some place in my garage or attic is stack of his 8 tracks.... i should find them and shock my niece and nephew with them. they will never believe that music came on such a thing
Haha, I used to record my own 8 tracks from vinyl.
Sponsored