First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
shorty antenna arrived today, but may have to come off and get a bendy short antenna. my antenna housing has white rub marks from parking structures I believe. Also icon leaf springs arrived, but going to have to wait until I get new bushings they arrived damaged.

20220816_132036.jpg

20220816_130436.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't washed my truck since the day after I moved here, back in February. The past couple of times it's rained, I noticed that the water was just sitting on it in sheets and not running off really well. That's not good! Well today, I washed it and applied some ClearShine to it to keep the water beading on the paint. I also cleaned up my wheels and tires, and applied 303 Aerospace Protectant to the tires. Damn it! My A/Ts tore up my tire applicator! So that ended up in the garbage. Boooooo! I tell you one thing that gave me a chuckle though - I am fastidious about the care of my Mustang. I chase every little imperfection in the paint and keep it garaged. It comes out once every couple of months for a spin (like today!) and then gets tucked away back in the garage. My truck, however, has seen some off-road use and has been dragged through the "bush" many times. As I was wiping it down with the ClearShine, I found many spots where I had scratched the truck on my adventures. I actually cracked a smile at these! I want to keep this thing in good nick, but damn, I have so much fun actually using it! The scratches don't bother me all too much.
2022-08-16 17.09.16.jpg

2022-08-16 17.09.38.jpg

2022-08-16 17.09.53.jpg

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I haven't washed my truck since the day after I moved here, back in February. The past couple of times it's rained, I noticed that the water was just sitting on it in sheets and not running off really well. That's not good! Well today, I washed it and applied some ClearShine to it to keep the water beading on the paint. I also cleaned up my wheels and tires, and applied 303 Aerospace Protectant to the tires. Damn it! My A/Ts tore up my tire applicator! So that ended up in the garbage. Boooooo! I tell you one thing that gave me a chuckle though - I am fastidious about the car of my Mustang. I chase every little imperfection in the paint and keep it garaged. It comes out once every couple of months for a spin (like today!) and then gets tucked away back in the garage. My truck, however, has seen some off-road use and has been dragged through the "bush" many times. As I was wiping it down with the ClearShine, I found many spots where I had scratched the truck on my adventures. I actually cracked a smile at these! I want to keep this thing in good nick, but damn, I have so much fun actually using it! The scratches don't bother me all too much.
2022-08-16 17.09.16.jpg

2022-08-16 17.09.38.jpg

2022-08-16 17.09.53.jpg
A tire brush works nice to app!y shine/protectant on the tires. Then wipe the excess off with a microfiber towel.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Installed the ford/redarc trailer brake controller and the rear bumper harness and 7 way plug in my Tremor XLT over the weekend. Most difficult and time consuming parts were getting the harness pins clicked in on the third brake light tee harness and getting the 7way plug installed in the bumper. Getting the headliner down was a breeze comparatively speaking.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Installed the ford/redarc trailer brake controller and the rear bumper harness and 7 way plug in my Tremor XLT over the weekend. Most difficult and time consuming parts were getting the harness pins clicked in on the third brake light tee harness and getting the 7way plug installed in the bumper. Getting the headliner down was a breeze comparatively speaking.
Which hitch are you going with, since I assume you didn't have the tow package since you needed to add the 7-pin.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Which hitch are you going with, since I assume you didn't have the tow package since you needed to add the 7-pin.
I installed the curt hitch a few months ago and just now got around to the tbc and 7 pin setup.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
I installed the curt hitch a few months ago and just now got around to the tbc and 7 pin setup.
Interesting hitch (if I found the right one on their website), only 6,000lbs without WD, but if you go WD it's rated for 8,000lbs. Not sure I would ever go over the truck's 7,500lbs rating, even with WD hitch and brakes. But they rate the tongue weight to 900lbs. I guess the hitch construction is beefier than the OE one? Looks like the install is only using 2 bolts per side while the OE hitch is 3 bolts per side, not sure I would push that 900lb tongue weight either.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Interesting hitch (if I found the right one on their website), only 6,000lbs without WD, but if you go WD it's rated for 8,000lbs. Not sure I would ever go over the truck's 7,500lbs rating, even with WD hitch and brakes. But they rate the tongue weight to 900lbs. I guess the hitch construction is beefier than the OE one? Looks like the install is only using 2 bolts per side while the OE hitch is 3 bolts per side, not sure I would push that 900lb tongue weight either.
I can't speak to the OEM hitch, but the Curt one is substantial in structure. I thought the OEM hitch used two bolts on each side as well? You found the right curt specs as those weight specs match the sticker on mine.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
I can't speak to the OEM hitch, but the Curt one is substantial in structure. I thought the OEM hitch used two bolts on each side as well? You found the right curt specs as those weight specs match the sticker on mine.
I'm assuming 3/side based on step 39 in the install instructions.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I'm assuming 3/side based on step 39 in the install instructions.
You are correct as the instructions do spec three per side. I wanted to retain the Tremor rear recovery hooks and based on the attached, that is hiding the third bolt hole on each side. Pick of Curt mounting point for reference.

IMG_20220816_222132785.jpg

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Woke up at 2am and could not get back to sleep so I did a little more tinkering on my rear seat delete. I really dislike how the roll on herculiner came on on the tops vs spray on liner which I did for the framing. I am about to head to the Home Derpot to get some new tops and re-do them using the spray liner.

100_0025.JPG

100_0026.JPG

100_0027.JPG

100_0028.JPG

100_0029.JPG

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Swapped the stock Lug nuts with DP accessories LCB3B6HC-CH04024 12X1.5 Chrome Acorn Lug Nuts
19mm hex.
Functional, good quality and looks nice on the truck. Solid, one piece
Thanks to the member/members for recommending them!

thumbnail_IMG_1504.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped the stock Lug nuts with DP accessories LCB3B6HC-CH04024 12X1.5 Chrome Acorn Lug Nuts
19mm hex.
Functional, good quality and looks nice on the truck. Solid, one piece
Thanks to the member/members for recommending them!

thumbnail_IMG_1504.jpg
Probably the best thing you can do for these trucks is ditch the 2 piece lug nuts!
Sponsored