Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Today installed my ram mount cellphone holder on the dash tray

To be honest, it doesn't look like the tray would hold a heavier cell...
Might have to 3d design a tray with rivet nuts since those little clips are just a bump away for breaking!

Here's the pic, sorry, no pic with the cell in the holder since...i use the cell to take pictures

20230602_125743.jpg

20230602_125740.jpg
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Might have to 3d design a tray with rivet nuts since those little clips are just a bump away for breaking!

Here's the pic, sorry, no pic with the cell in the holder since...i use the cell to take pictures

20230602_125743.jpg

20230602_125740.jpg

It will hold more than you think. I had an iPhone 13 Pro Max and my MXT275 GMRS mic hanging off the dash tray. It never gave any sign of failing.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
It will hold more than you think. I had an iPhone 13 Pro Max and my MXT275 GMRS mic hanging off the dash tray. It never gave any sign of failing.
Wow!! Good to know!! I looked at my cell on my cottage road and I was afraid it would rip the tray off!

I ordered brass inserts to make a more sturdy install, will see if I need to install them then!

Thanks again

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Wow!! Good to know!! I looked at my cell on my cottage road and I was afraid it would rip the tray off!

I ordered brass inserts to make a more sturdy install, will see if I need to install them then!

Thanks again

I mean, I would be excited to see what you come up with. I would love to see a better option for the tray. Its kind of useless...

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightening Blue Ranger Lariat Crew
I do think you’re nuts, but that’s only because I do the same thing, get the floor, jack out, get the tires out and detail every single millimeter of them. So I think I’m crazy as well!
I also end up detailing in the wheel well area behind the tires, cleaning up everything I can get to and trying to make the springs, sharks, everything looks good. and trying to make the springs, sharks, everything looks good.
IMG_0605.jpeg

(this was my first run through, I went through it again, and made it even cleaner!)
Do you take it to the next level of insanity as well??
In New Jersey we are required to have a front & rear license plate. When I polish Junior I remove both to be able to clean and polish behind the plates!

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
🤣 oh, I think you might have me beat on that! Even worse, you might find me doing the same in the future lol!

Do you wax in your door jams and everywhere you can get to? I’ve been doing that just because it’s really nice to have that peace of mind, getting in and out of the truck shoes scrape across it and all that. Plus some dirt gets in there, etc.

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who goes completely overboard. I think I’m in good company on this forum.
(and we’re talking pop the hood and wax the underside of the actual hood, along with any painted surfaces I can get to.

Sometimes I will go with a multi step wax, but to keep from being just flat out crazy. (many would say I’m already there), I just use a spray on general wax for those kinds of areas. I figure nobody does it for very few at least, so, even using that puts me way ahead of the game and gives protection that over 99% of the people don’t have on their vehicles…

In New Jersey we are required to have a front & rear license plate. When I polish Junior I remove both to be able to clean and polish behind the plates!

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic

20230602_125743.jpg

20230602_125740.jpg
Hate half done job so I fished my usb c-usb- a cable and put a rubber grommet.
Also added alien double side tape (2 layers thick) where ever the tray is touching support under it.
20230602_171741.jpg
20230602_171748.jpg

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightening Blue Ranger Lariat Crew
🤣 oh, I think you might have me beat on that! Even worse, you might find me doing the same in the future lol!

Do you wax in your door jams and everywhere you can get to? I’ve been doing that just because it’s really nice to have that peace of mind, getting in and out of the truck shoes scrape across it and all that. Plus some dirt gets in there, etc.

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who goes completely overboard. I think I’m in good company on this forum.
(and we’re talking pop the hood and wax the underside of the actual hood, along with any painted surfaces I can get to.

Sometimes I will go with a multi step wax, but to keep from being just flat out crazy. (many would say I’m already there), I just use a spray on general wax for those kinds of areas. I figure nobody does it for very few at least, so, even using that puts me way ahead of the game and gives protection that over 99% of the people don’t have on their vehicles…
I do door jams, but not the underside of the hood. I don't think that it's clear coated under there.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Loaded her up with camping and fly fishing gear. Headed west in the morning. Only 4 days behind schedule. 3.5 day drive to get to my destination. 6 days fishing/camping and then 3.5 days return trip. Should be around 5500 miles round trip. Day one will let me know if I can make it. Back has been acting up again, but I ain’t sitting home waiting to die damn it. Just need to be very careful.

Avoiding Illinois so adding a couple hours each way on the trip. Illinois can suck it!

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
  • Finished installing my automatic folding mirror module. Works like a charm.
  • Swapped out a 12v socket for a USB port
  • Velcored my wireless Android Auto up out of the way.
  • Attempted to install a wireless charging phone holder. Not sure the tape is going to hold.

20230602_181243.jpg

20230602_182711.jpg

20230602_182720.jpg