First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have only had them for 4-5wks. Still going strong and no hyper blink.
But you made me curios on the 60 seconds! So I went out the truck and ran each side for 2 min and then ran the flashers for 5 min. Still no hyper blink. And to be clear inside nor out!
I have bought a ton of auto LED bulbs and some you can tell by the look and feel are cheap, these are not those! Have a good heat-sink and quality build, but time will tell.
Did they come with ballast resistors? Maybe those reviews claiming this were for some variant.
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Did they come with ballast resistors? Maybe those reviews claiming this were for some variant.
Resistors are built in is my understanding

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Did these need a resistor?
I just put in a set of Auxito front turn signals. They do come with resistors, but I did not use them. I turned off the hyperflash using Forscan. They are CANBUS error free, but they do make the IPC hyperflash. The exterior lights flash at the normal rate, but the instrument panel will flash double time.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
What he said.. Yes it came with, personally I used them as I didn't have access to forscan at the time.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I bought the Oxilam ones off Amazon supposedly resistors built in and none in the box. They are substantial in weight compared to the typical bulb and so far no hyperblink. I hope they stay seated and are vibration resistant.

They are obnoxiously bright so I'll have to learn to be more considerate in my behavior.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Oxilam ones off Amazon supposedly resistors built in and none in the box. They are substantial in weight compared to the typical bulb and so far no hyperblink. I hope they stay seated and are vibration resistant.

They are obnoxiously bright so I'll have to learn to be more considerate in my behavior.
Yes they are very bright

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are very bright
OK. I've been debating getting switchbacks for a bit now ever since making my parking lights DRL's. I'm ready to order....
But, my reservation is that I've read what seems to be many posts (this forum and other sites reviews) that say the switchbacks are; "super bright, very bright, bright AF, etc, etc).........what's the deal here? Do folks that have them feel they might be too bright (especially sitting behind someone in a car at a light)?

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
OK. I've been debating getting switchbacks for a bit now ever since making my parking lights DRL's. I'm ready to order....
But, my reservation is that I've read what seems to be many posts (this forum and other sites reviews) that say the switchbacks are; "super bright, very bright, bright AF, etc, etc).........what's the deal here? Do folks that have them feel they might be too bright (especially sitting behind someone in a car at a light)?
Just an update. I initially installed the Lasfit with built in resistor (like others on this forum have) and encountered some problems - hyperflash (exterior)and inconsistent operation. I did do the Forscan mod for hyperflash and did not have any inside. I contacted Lasfit expecting them to verify mine were defective and send me new ones. They said - the bulbs might not be compatible with your vehicle and send them back for a refund.
I did that and I decided to go with the Auxito switchbacks. They are working fine. As to brightness....I think I was a little bit paranoid about it as neither bulb is overly/too bright.

Deleted member 1634

So as an update, both of the LED turn signal "bulbs" I purchased have failed over the last couple months, after a little bit more than a year of use. One failed in early September, the other failed just yesterday. I noticed while leaving work and luckily it's only right turns to get home, so it didn't affect anything safety wise. haha Diode Dynamics has been plenty helpful and sent replacements each time at no cost. But it just seems odd that LEDs have failed so soon, and that both of them have failed so close to each other. The replacements they've sent are the same model, but have a slightly different design to them, so maybe there was an inherent defect in the design that they've since fixed. Or maybe there's something weird going on with my truck that's destroying them. I'm not sure. Just figured I'd throw out that update for anyone that's interested.

IMG_20201105_171114124.jpg
As an update to this update, the 3rd bulb I've installed has failed, all after being installed in the driver's side. So that's telling me it's not the bulbs (sorry Diode Dynamics for insinuating such), but rather something going on with that side of the truck. This weekend I'll go through and check the wiring and plug to see if there's any breaks, breaches, or other damage.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I bought the OXILAM versions in January, working fine until today where one has failed... on the driver's side.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the OXILAM versions in January, working fine until today where one has failed... on the driver's side.
Got mine in November. Will be keeping an eye on them.
I used to work for an LED light fixture company, house not auto. Lifetime testing was focused on the LEDs more than the driver electronics. So we would advertise essentially a lifetime bulb. Left them 5 yrs ago and have replaced about half of the LED light bulbs. ?
Anyway I guess my point is it will take a bit of time for the LED bulb mfgs to work out the kinks of long life. And when you want a 10 plus year liftime the design improvements will come over years as they get data from product failing in the field.
Then add to that all the Chinese product and most of them may never worry about the kinks!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I don't expect much of a response from the Chinese vendor of OXILAM so rather than wait I bought some JDM amber lights since they are fairly well regarded but without resistors. For that I bought these (supposedly) plug n' play harnesses so I didn't need to cut:
IMG_20210628_114509187~2.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2TK855?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Unfortunately the part that holds the bulb that is supposed to go into the light housing doesn't actually fit the socket so back they go. I don't have my PC with me to use FORSCAN to turn off hyperblink so I just replaced the defective build for now. The JDMs are lower output lux-wise but I can't tell.
Sponsored

Last edited: