Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
F1BC9B01-DE72-4191-BFDA-6D7562633627.jpeg

So I initially had the DD SL1 bulbs. They were a big improvement over factory but I wanted some more light. So I upgraded to the max yellow fogs
61C8A7AC-294D-4402-93C9-9C0FB673C601.jpeg

The throw width on these are amazing
6CBE1E23-7C40-4040-BB43-122E85E2B743.jpeg

And this is with the low beams on
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob902

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Nice! I'm just surprised at how bright they are! Makes my sport ones look like a candle
I have adjusted them down a bit. The beam spread is really wide and not high at all. They are bright and the older I get, I appreciate the light. Really hoping it will help with painted road markings at night in the rain

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
It's kind of funny I do have the SS3's amber pros on my truck and absolutely love them. However I have read that SAE rated street legal is not DOT legal and I am assuming if you blinded a cop they would and could give you a ticket. I am not too worried about that but just saying they actually are not legal. Now days with all the LED headlights that are blinding like some of the fog/driving lights are it's a wonder I am not blind. LOL I only use mine off road or when it' super foggy or pouring rain out.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have adjusted them down a bit. The beam spread is really wide and not high at all. They are bright and the older I get, I appreciate the light. Really hoping it will help with painted road markings at night in the rain
Those make a huge difference Bob. This time of year it's still really dark out when I leave for work and these would come in handy especially on some of the back roads out here.

They are bright! ?

Sheilding Eyes.jpg

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
So I initially had the DD SL1 bulbs. They were a big improvement over factory but I wanted some more light. So I upgraded to the max yellow fogs
61C8A7AC-294D-4402-93C9-9C0FB673C601.jpeg

The throw width on these are amazing
Wow that is amazing. Did you do some forscan stuff to make the foglights come on by themselves?

Is this what you got? RIP my wallet.
View attachment 112423

OP
OP
Bob902

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Wow that is amazing. Did you do some forscan stuff to make the foglights come on by themselves?

Is this what you got? RIP my wallet.
View attachment 112423
These are the ones I have, but I don't have the backlight option. I worked some OT and waited until their black Friday sale to save a few bucks. Nothing in forscan, I just turned the parking lights on to get the fogs on for the pic.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I have the same ones in “white”. The amount of light they put off to the sides is astonishing.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
I put a similar type of light by Denali on my HD Ultra, made a huge visibility difference especially during the day, after mounted I never again had anyone start to pull out on me from an intersection. Will have to look at these for the Ranger I just purchase.

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Nice choice. These are indeed phenomenal lights! We too have both pros and max on our Ranger build and perform exceptionally well. :like:

We sold a ton of these (DD in general) over BF that we had to reorder asap so we had more on hand before they went out of stock again!

Hotshot-Colton

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tundra
Because they are yellow.
Surprisingly enough the yellow isn't necessarily what makes these guys SAE/DOT legal. It's a concoction of output intensity and uplight/adherence to a glare gradient is what determines legality. The yellow actually comes in quite a bit lower than the SS3 Max than white in terms of peak intensity due to the darker lens that the 6000k emitter has to travel through to get the proper color temperature. The white SS3 Max bumps right up against the limits though for sure. When aimed properly though they should be minimally impactful to oncoming traffic. Maxes, with their sharper cutoffs, will actually appear less bright to traffic than their pro power brethren which have softer cutoffs.

As Derrick stated we did sell out of these here recently, but we have a bunch more on the way! They're awesome, and glad to see some of you finding and enjoying them! We're happy to answer any other questions folks may have. Derrick has the Hotshot Ranger build, but I consider myself the resident tech nerd.

You can get them here - And you can save some scratch vs going through DD directly as we won't charge you shipping nor tax on a set :cool::
https://hotshotoffroad.com/collecti...ducts/type-as-ss3-led-fog-light-kit-19-ranger
Sponsored