First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
you are correct, but there is a setting in forscan to have parking lights on with the DRL's
And the neat thing with that setting is you also get your side marker and tailights along with your trailer marker lights if your towing. No more dark butt if your only running DRLs in foggy or rainy weather.

Deleted member 1634

And the neat thing with that setting is you also get your side marker and tailights along with your trailer marker lights if your towing. No more dark butt if your only running DRLs in foggy or rainy weather.
This! This is the exact reason I want to change my DRL setting. Always seems stupid to me that only the fronts are DRLs. What about side and rear visibility. I know some don't like that idea for some reason (I've gotten flack for bringing it up before), but I think it's safer.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This! This is the exact reason I want to change my DRL setting. Always seems stupid to me that only the fronts are DRLs. What about side and rear visibility. I know some don't like that idea for some reason (I've gotten flack for bringing it up before), but I think it's safer.
I agree entirely especially when I'm towing my trailer. I'm not sure why people have an issue with it. I can leave my switch in auto and forget about the lights. More visibility is always better IMHO. I run my fogs and parking as DRLs and not lows, think it looks sharper. Until I get my RTR grille.

Deleted member 1634

I agree entirely especially when I'm towing my trailer. I'm not sure why people have an issue with it. I can leave my switch in auto and forget about the lights. More visibility is always better IMHO. I run my fogs and parking as DRLs and not lows, think it looks sharper. Until I get my RTR grille.
Yeah, especially when towing our camper too. In fact, the parking lights have to be on in order for the onboard electric brakes/brake controller to work (we have a special setup). So since I haven't done Forscan mods yet, most of the time my headlight switch is in off, and I switch it to parking lights when it's not bright and sunny, and again to headlights when it gets dark or is otherwise inclement. I also like to do fogs with parking lights when it's heavily overcast. I agree that looks nicer than the regular lows on.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Pardon me for asking but what is the setting to get the side markers and tail lights working on an XLT? I did change mine so that the parking lights are my DRL’s but didnt know the capability for the side and rear existed. Thanks.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pardon me for asking but what is the setting to get the side markers and tail lights working on an XLT? I did change mine so that the parking lights are my DRL’s but didnt know the capability for the side and rear existed. Thanks.
On my XLT when I added Parking lights to the DRLs the side markers and tail lights came along for the ride. They are all part of the parking lights. I really didn't think much about it when I first did it. But the first time I pulled my trail I noticed right away that my trailer markers were on. I then checked it without the trailer connected and sure enough they were on too.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Just ordered the Diode Dynamic Switch Backs last night. This forum is killing my bank account!

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I chose to keep with the brand I used for the headlights and fogs. Auxito has a good selection and they all work well.

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
I'm looking at Auxito switchbacks, they are a third of the cost of the Dynamic ones. Are they good? Last a long time?

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm looking at Auxito switchbacks, they are a third of the cost of the Dynamic ones. Are they good? Last a long time?
They work well, I've only had for little under 2 months.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I chose to keep with the brand I used for the headlights and fogs. Auxito has a good selection and they all work well.
Which part number did you use- or will you use?

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Which part number did you use- or will you use?
Auxito white/amber 7443 7440 7444 is what youre looking for. Got them on Amazon, they had some deals and discounts.

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Anyone have switchback signals on a Lariat? Really want to have the “All white” DRL set up, but Diode Dynamics’ description says they will not work on the Lariat. Not sure if the cheaper versions will; they are less clear about model/make fitment.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Anyone have switchback signals on a Lariat? Really want to have the “All white” DRL set up, but Diode Dynamics’ description says they will not work on the Lariat. Not sure if the cheaper versions will; they are less clear about model/make fitment.
I think I am the reason that Diode Dynamics website now says not compatible with Lariat. I ordered them....of course they don't work with the Lariat....Diode said they should....I said no they don't. haha! Had to send them a video to prove it.
Sponsored