First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else confirmed this?
I can't speak for the software option to fix but I installed the switchback from diode dynamics and used the resistors and get get any hyperblink. Very easy install and setup. I think I got both installed and setup in 30-45 minutes and it works/looks great.

Deleted member 1634

Has anyone else confirmed this?
I can't speak for the software option to fix but I installed the switchback from diode dynamics and used the resistors and get get any hyperblink. Very easy install and setup. I think I got both installed and setup in 30-45 minutes and it works/looks great.
I didn't install the switchbacks, but did install the "amber always" LED turns, put the resistors on there and they don't hyperblink inside or out. The previous poster may have installed them incorrectly, because even without the resistors, the lights outside don't hyperblink, the dash just says they do.

Ranger_RH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
For anyone who has competed this install... how the hell did you access the passenger side wires to add the resistor? The area is super tight!

Deleted member 1634

For anyone who has competed this install... how the hell did you access the passenger side wires to add the resistor? The area is super tight!
With a lot of fumbling, cussing, and sore wrists. Even with my slim wrists and long fingers, that was the part that took the longest for the whole install.

Ranger_RH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
With a lot of fumbling, cussing, and sore wrists. Even with my slim wrists and long fingers, that was the part that took the longest for the whole install.
Sounds about right. Finally got it installed but couldn’t mount the resistors. Luckily there isn’t much plastic or rubber below the headlights.

Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I found some LED switchbacks that don't require a resistor.
I installed them and have had no hyper blink inside or out, just plug and play.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchback...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The easiest way I found to get at the passenger side light socket is to removed the upper grill/radiator valance (be careful when removing the valance, the plastic tabs that snap into the grill like to fly off, ask me how I know :headbang:)

led_switchback2.jpg

led_switchback1.jpg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I found some LED switchbacks that don't require a resistor.
I installed them and have had no hyper blink inside or out, just plug and play.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchback...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Nice option Alex - will be interested to get update on how they work over time. And cheaper than Diode Dynamics.
How does the brightness compare?

Is there any Forscan change required to get the LEDs to act as DRLs om an XLT?

Last edited:

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Has anyone tried the auxito switchbacks? I purchased a set along with hi and low beams. Possibly install today or sometime this week.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
If you have a Lariat why would you buy LED lights, the Lariat comes standard with LED lights.
Not all lights on the Lariat are LED, at least the turns and rear licence lights are still halogen.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've read that on other vehicles hyper flash can corrected for all signals by changing the Turn Signal Relay Fuse. Can anyone confirm if this fix is possible on the '19-'20 Ranger? I looked through the fuse box maps in the owners manual and cant find a fuse let alone the location for the turn signal fuse.
Easiest way to get rid of hyper flash is Forscan. No resistors or other changes required.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is there any Forscan change required to get the LEDs to act as DRLs om an XLT?
Forscan change in BdyCM Module Configeration, You just need to enable Daytime Running Lights Includes Parkinglamps
I also changes so that I use fogs instead of low beams. In BdyCM as-built make the following changes:
726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx This enables all DRL choices
726-50-01 0482 There are other options available (Check F150 spreadsheet)
The 04 is the important part the last two numbers are a checksum and will auto-correct just need 4 numbers for it to take.

Easiest way to get rid of hyper flash is Forscan. No resistors or other changes required.
Usually the outside will not hyper flash, just the dash, this is the trucks way of telling you a bulb is out. The Forscan change to stop this is also in the BdyCM as-built:
726-27-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx

These are the bulbs I'm using, no issues other than the hyper flash. Otherwise plug and play. The passenger side is a PITA because of the washer bottle and air intake, but I didn't have to remove anything to get them in.
Turn bulbs.jpg

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
These switchbacks are cool, but they aren't really true DRL's are they? Don't you have to have the parking lights or main lights on for them to work? I typically drive with the lights on auto, so in the daytime these wouldn't be on unless I manually turned the parking lights on.....true?

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
These switchbacks are cool, but they aren't really true DRL's are they? Don't you have to have the parking lights or main lights on for them to work? I typically drive with the lights on auto, so in the daytime these wouldn't be on unless I manually turned the parking lights on.....true?
you are correct, but there is a setting in forscan to have parking lights on with the DRL's

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I don't have Forscan, not really sure what it is. Certainly don't know how to use it.
Sponsored