Thin Sound When Shutting Front Doors

jredecop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Hey! New here. Anyone have any updates on this? I‘ve had my truck a few weeks now and the passenger front door sounds pretty bad. I dont mind adding sound deading material if needed, just wondering if it actually works.
Sponsored

Jeymz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
My brother just got his Tremor Lariat this evening. Shutting the front passenger door sounds extremely “tinny“. I compared with my Tremor and mine are not as bad. My driver side doors have a very solid thud. My passenger doors have a bit of that ”tinny” sound. I can live with mine but his is extremely noticeable and the salesman agreed. He will have them check it out next week. I‘ll post any updates.

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I have a '21 Lariat. Same issue.

Put some Dynamat in there and now it sounds like a Mercedes when I close the door.

jredecop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
My brother just got his Tremor Lariat this evening. Shutting the front passenger door sounds extremely “tinny“. I compared with my Tremor and mine are not as bad. My driver side doors have a very solid thud. My passenger doors have a bit of that ”tinny” sound. I can live with mine but his is extremely noticeable and the salesman agreed. He will have them check it out next week. I‘ll post any updates.
Thanks!

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
My Ranger door closing has a more solid sound when under my carport (which has partial walls) than when it is out in the open in the driveway. Either way, this is not a problem that matters much to me. :cool:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
My 21 sounds the same, I will eventually get used to it or add sound deadner.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I'll be making a video about how to add the Dynamat (although I tend to use Hushmat or Stinger Roadkill). I have a 2021 Tremor and it's as hollow as my mom's Hyundai Santa Fe. Sad, really. It makes potential buyers walk away when they hear a tin can door close... Ford should know this.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I own a 2020 SCAB so the doors are 5” longer in length. You would think mine would be worse right? Not the case at all. They’re solid sounding and no “tinny” sound. Road noise is still higher than I would prefer so will be sound deadening doors and most of the interior so it’s more in line with what I prefer.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I own a 2020 SCAB so the doors are 5” longer in length. You would think mine would be worse right? Not the case at all. They’re solid sounding and no “tinny” sound.
Our 2019 is the same. "Like a Rock"..... :surprised:

1621518188857.png

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this, I just purchased a 2021 last month, but honestly, it's not an issue. The aluminum panels on my 2016 F150 were paper thin and would flex with any pressure. At least these doors are steel. I believe this is called making a mountain out of a mole hill. But, like I said, at first, I did say out loud..."what the hell".

Brendap40

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2021, FX2
Occupation
Teacher
I just picked up a 2020 Lariat Quad Cab, and the front two doors sound like I'm hitting an empty oil drum when shutting them. It's a terrible sound and I'm really surprised at how crappy and cheap it makes the pickup seem. I paid $42k for this thing, and it sounds like a freaking Yugo.

I know I can add sound deadening such as https://tinyurl.com/yhelscny, but it seems f'n ridiculous that I would have to pay to do this and spend the time to rip the door apart. Feels like this is something that Ford missed on assembly as the rear doors don't sound like this.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Take it back to the dealer? Or will they just tell me to kick rocks?

Jay

PS - I know that the sound of the doors is typically tuned and has no benefit other than making you feel like you have something of quality.
Mine do the same thing

First Name
Renaud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Sales Manager
I own a Tremor and my front doors are the lightest and the rear doors hardly close and feel so much heavier. My girlfriend never get the rear properly closed and bash the front like the truck is going to fall apart ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I noticed this past weekend when cleaning all my glass that when I close a door and the other is opened or window is cracked open the door closing has a real light tinny sound. Now close that same door with the cab buttoned up and it thuds with a solid sound. Mind you I’m in a SCAB so my front doors are 5” longer than crew cabs.

What it is! But… I’ll be sound proofing mine when the speaker upgrades happen. 2 birds baby!

ND13

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Occupation
Sales
I’m on my 2nd 5th generation Ranger. My 2019 Lariat doors were very solid sounding when shut. My new 2021 XLT has one door that sounds “hollow” when closed on occasion, the passenger front door. I sell Fords and will have a tech check it out at some point. I have a feeling that during assembly, the inner plastic sheeting that goes between the interior door panel and the window housing may have fallen down or was omitted accidentally.
Sponsored