First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
This is more of a curiousity than a concern, but every now and then I hear a single " ka-ching" sound from outside the truck near the front. For lack of a better description, it sounds like a tiny cash register. It seems to happen at random with the truck parked, (engine off and doors closed), and has done this since I bought the truck new. I don't believe it is the headlight switch as I leave it on Auto, and I have also tried other positions to recreate the sound with no luck. Any ideas?
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
This is more of a curiousity than a concern, but every now and then I hear a single " ka-ching" sound from outside the truck near the front. For lack of a better description, it sounds like a tiny cash register. It seems to happen at random with the truck parked, (engine off and doors closed), and has done this since I bought the truck new. I don't believe it is the headlight switch as I leave it on Auto, and I have also tried other positions to recreate the sound with no luck. Any ideas?
Fuel pump priming it senses if key fob is nearby

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's a normal sound, it happens once you join this forum. Your R5G account is automatically linked to your Amazon account and it starts ordering stuff you never knew you needed. ?

Seriously though it's normal and it's the fuel pump. Sometimes when I'm out in the garage you can hear it going off. Also when you open the door and are just getting something out of the truck it'll go off. The truck doesn't have to be running for this to happen.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Each Ranger comes with that Ka Ching sound built into it. It is the sound of you spending $$$ on mods and "stuff" that is a never ending quest.....

cash_register.jpg

OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Ha ha thanks all, yeah it went off 3 times today. (My credit card, not my truck).
Sponsored