The start of the journey.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So that’s not the preload. I am looking only for the preload or amount of threads are exposed on the shock body.
I have never found a real answer. I have only seen people put them in, take them out, make adjustments, rinse lather, repeat. I had to adjust my Eibach a bunch until I got it right. Luckily, the Eibach can be adjusted on the truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
5280Ranger

5280Ranger

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Dealership
I have never found a real answer. I have only seen people put them in, take them out, make adjustments, rinse lather, repeat. I had to adjust my Eibach a bunch until I got it right. Luckily, the Eibach can be adjusted on the truck.
Thank you for understanding what I am trying to ask ?. People are confusing lift with preload. If I could find someone with the same shock and have them measure the amount of exposed threads I could use that as a baseline.

OP
OP
5280Ranger

5280Ranger

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Dealership
33s won't be easy with just fox 2.0s ? becareful it's a slippery slope
Even with correct offset/back spacing and the crash bars removed? I am open to any and all input.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update. Finally got the Fox kit installed with new tires and some window tint.

CFF9A2D9-7126-433A-9FDE-D9ACCC450AC3.jpeg
I see you’re well on your way Sean. Those new tires look great and I’m sure you’re enjoying how it rides with the Fox suspension.

Knowing your crash bars will be removed, I think some of the concern members are expressing about 33s and suggesting more lift has a lot to do with wheel well liners, fog lamp housings, and that weird plastic block against the wall of the cab .

Everything seems fine until folks start compressing at full lock on the trails. Then, they notice some rubbing on those items and realize it might not have happened if those things were up and out of the way by an inch or so.

Some have been lucky with 2” or 2-1/2” of front lift and just removing crash bars and using wheel offset or spacers, others have reported some issues. Others avoided pitfalls by going with a 3” lift.

The good news for you is that those bigger tires on your stock wheels really give it a great look and should be clearing crash bars and the knuckle just fine. I can’t tell from those pictures but did you throw in small spacers? Remove crash bars yet?

OP
OP
5280Ranger

5280Ranger

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Dealership
I see you’re well on your way Sean. Those new tires look great and I’m sure you’re enjoying how it rides with the Fox suspension.

Knowing your crash bars will be removed, I think some of the concern members are expressing about 33s and suggesting more lift has a lot to do with wheel well liners, fog lamp housings, and that weird plastic block against the wall of the cab .

Everything seems fine until folks start compressing at full lock on the trails. Then, they notice some rubbing on those items and realize it might not have happened if those things were up and out of the way by an inch or so.

Some have been lucky with 2” or 2-1/2” of front lift and just removing crash bars and using wheel offset or spacers, others have reported some issues. Others avoided pitfalls by going with a 3” lift.

The good news for you is that those bigger tires on your stock wheels really give it a great look and should be clearing crash bars and the knuckle just fine. I can’t tell from those pictures but did you throw in small spacers? Remove crash bars yet?
Thank you so much for the in-depth insight. I really appreciate it. As it sits I do clear crash bars and knuckles. Seeing that I just put these tires on I’m not in a huge hurry to trade them out. The whole idea behind the true 33” is for just a bit more ground clearance. From what I am seeing a little different backspace on the wheels I could be ok.

OP
OP
5280Ranger

5280Ranger

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Dealership
Finally got the bed rack installed then removed and cleaned up for a bed liner. Also swapped out for some Bronco Sasquatch wheels. Looks much better I think.

IMG_1246.jpeg

IMG_1245.jpeg

IMG_1252.jpeg

IMG_1237.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg