jflogerzi

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Depends. If the truck is 50 state compliant from the start that doesn't apply.
Which this truck is... I know there are brokers that can help navigate this process.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Which this truck is... I know there are brokers that can help navigate this process.
I have done it a couple times but PenFed handled the DMV, I just had to get it smogged. Latest truck I used a local-ish credit union and they did not allow out of state purchases and since there wasn't really any savings I just went through Autonation Tustin and bought (somewhat) local.

OP
OP
jflogerzi

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have done it a couple times but PenFed handled the DMV, I just had to get it smogged. Latest truck I used a local-ish credit union and they did not allow out of state purchases and since there wasn't really any savings I just went through Autonation Tustin and bought (somewhat) local.
Already have my deposit and order with Granger Ford.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Already have my deposit and order with Granger Ford.
Takin' it slow kinda went down the drain, LOL! I'm not against you in any way :) Just buy everything you want for it, drive and enjoy it!

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
remember happy wife happy life!
I hate that saying and completely disagree with it!

I'm going to rant/explain why now....

My old co-worker used to say that all the time. He worked, she didn't, all his money went into her bank account, he was not even on this account, she never did anything with him, he raised 2 of her children for 20+ years, (they were both 1-2 years old, when he married her), she wouldn't let him have anything, even though it was his money he was making... I really hated it for him and he would always use that saying...

She was cheating on him, while he was at work, with several different men! She kicked him out of "his" house. He filed for divorce and she was a real B about it! She ended up getting his car, that he had just bought and a good portion of his paycheck. Her kids quit being around him, since he was pretty much the only father they both had...

He's a good guy and still works his ass off. He got remarried a couple of years ago, (different woman, LOL) and right after they got married, she quit her job too... I think he's on marriage number 3 or 4 now and he's in his mid-late 50's now...

But, yeah, I really hate that saying :p

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
I hate that saying and completely disagree with it!

I'm going to rant/explain why now....

My old co-worker used to say that all the time. He worked, she didn't, all his money went into her bank account, he was not even on this account, she never did anything with him, he raised 2 of her children for 20+ years, (they were both 1-2 years old, when he married her), she wouldn't let him have anything, even though it was his money he was making... I really hated it for him and he would always use that saying...

She was cheating on him, while he was at work, with several different men! She kicked him out of "his" house. He filed for divorce and she was a real B about it! She ended up getting his car, that he had just bought and a good portion of his paycheck. Her kids quit being around him, since he was pretty much the only father they both had...

He's a good guy and still works his ass off. He got remarried a couple of years ago, (different woman, LOL) and right after they got married, she quit her job too... I think he's on marriage number 3 or 4 now and he's in his mid-late 50's now...

But, yeah, I really hate that saying :p
Eh, I have used that saying for years and truly believe it in my situation. Here's the difference, I married a woman who would never take advantage of it. She knows full well I would buy her whatever she wanted, she doesn't ever push it. Quite the opposite, actually. I, often, have to coax her into buying things as simple as clothes for herself. She also knows that if she abused carte blanche it wouldn't be there. We have found treating our marriage as a partnership (for a lack of better phrase) works best for us. Sounds like your friend needs to stop letting himself be taken advantage of. I know, easy for me to say as I'm not him.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Eh, I have used that saying for years and truly believe it in my situation. Here's the difference, I married a woman who would never take advantage of it. She knows full well I would buy her whatever she wanted, she doesn't ever push it. Quite the opposite, actually. I, often, have to coax her into buying things as simple as clothes for herself. She also knows that if she abused carte blanche it wouldn't be there. We have found treating our marriage as a partnership (for a lack of better phrase) works best for us. Sounds like your friend needs to stop letting himself be taken advantage of. I know, easy for me to say as I'm not him.
That sounds like my wife :) I have to tell him to buy whatever she wants sometimes... I do ask her, before I buy expensive crap and she usually gives approval or if she doesn't I usually do it anyway, LOL! We're both almost 50 with no kids or mortgage and good careers. Neither of us use that saying, she doesn't like it either. My co-worker would just say it so, so, so much and he knew he was getting shafted and it eventually got him in the divorce. That's really why I hate that saying...

OP
OP
jflogerzi

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Relationship with my wife is very much a 2 way street. She is very supportive of my hobbies and she encouraged me to get the truck now vs waiting 1-2 years more like I planned. She support my track habit as well :) She is a keeper

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
My Relationship with my wife is very much a 2 way street. She is very supportive of my hobbies and she encouraged me to get the truck now vs waiting 1-2 years more like I planned. She support my track habit as well :) She is a keeper
That's awesome!

My wife and I met in 2004, we're both the same age and we're both Leo's ;) We got along amazingly when we were younger, but after being married almost 20 years, things definitely aren't fireworks anymore, although financially, we're much better now, than we were when we met all those years ago. I believe her job has really stressed her out since pre-RONA and still isn't any better. I've told her to switch careers, but she keeps hesitating it... :( She had much more confidence when we met and I'm not sure what happened to it...

Other than her being stressed out, she told me to just buy a new truck and she would wait a couple of years before she bought something... Then, I sold my "race car" and spent most of the money from it, on the truck, which she was fine with. I do know one thing, I would really hate to start over again, with a different woman. People have become loonies around here! People I've known since high school...

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Depends. If the truck is 50 state compliant from the start that doesn't apply.
It helps with smog but CA wants the sales taxes of a new vehicle. Just go to DMV website.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
No easy way to say this, but your friend is an idiot.

Or SIMP, I think the guys say nowadays.

??‍♂??‍♂
I cannot argue with you there, LOL!

Also, I had to search urban dictionary to see what a SIMP was.... We're unsure why he stayed with her as long as he did. We used to tell him he was an idiot and he would use that phase I dislike...

He'd come into work and let everyone know that he and his wife got down the night before..., but it was special because it only happened once every year or 18 months....