Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Been using it for years, all year long, mower and snow blower. Once every few months I pour the gas with stabil in my trucks tank then use fresh gallons of gas to make a new batch. I also let my equipment run dry and die at the end of each season as an extra precaution. I use the premixed Stihl gas& oi in my chainsaw and drain it as well, it doesn't have alcohol in it. For as little as I use my saw, buying a couple of quarts saves me in repairs.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
When I was back east I always used this in all my lawn eqpt., snowblower, motorcycles and snowmobiles for storage. I've seen way to many gunked up carbs that this was cheap protection against it. Did they need them? Maybe , Maybe not but spend a couple bucks on this stuff saved me hours of not having to work on them. :wink:
Had to get a new carb for my mower a few years ago. I'd always used Sta-Bil for storage of my lawn stuff and jet ski but the mower shop guy told me to use it ALL the time in my small engines.
Said the ethanol that's in the gas now evaporates from small engine carbs that aren't run regularly and gums them up. Had no problems since.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Had to get a new carb for my mower a few years ago. I'd always used Sta-Bil for storage of my lawn stuff and jet ski but the mower shop guy told me to use it ALL the time in my small engines.
Said the ethanol that's in the gas now evaporates from small engine carbs that aren't run regularly and gums them up. Had no problems since.
I know with my chains saw I never ever had any problems when using Sta-Bil. Those (on average) I would only use a couple times a year but they always started and ran great. I've been using this stuff so long when I first bought it they were in a metal can. lol

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I use non ethanol in all my small engines and anything that doesn't run frequently. Haven't had any carb issues since I started doing that

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I use non ethanol in all my small engines and anything that doesn't run frequently. Haven't had any carb issues since I started doing that
I haven't found any place near me that sells it, except for gallon cans at the mower shop.

www.pure-gas.org

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
I have used Sta-Bil for over 30 years in all my mowers tractors chain saws,atv, etc. never had a problem with it.. for what it's worth I also Never run ethanol in any of my vehicles or engines

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sta-Bil gets put in the gas can for my mower at the cottage - it spends six months without being used. I would empty what was left in the gas can into my old Ranger when closing up for the season and add Sta-Bil to the can before heading to the gas station to fill it back up in the Spring. There’s nothing more frustrating than a mower or trimmer that sputters and quits because of bad gas - well, except one that won’t start for the same reason.

Because of the funnel thingy for our new Rangers, these past few years, I’ve left the gas in the can over the winter - no issues at all. Everything starts right up and runs just fine.

I don’t know what’s in there but it works.

I wonder if it will help solve that winter damper screech I’ve been reading so much about lately? Hmmm ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So how much horsepower will this add? Asking for a friend.
Horsepower gain? Let's put it this way, you don't even need to have your foot near the gas pedal.

Here's Soupie with that additional horsepower (yes, it's a '22 with lots of deleted items).

1677160238002.png
!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Same here. Put non-ethanol in everything but the Ranger, and occasionally that too. Everything seems to start right up in the Spring. Even the log splitter that sits idle for much longer periods.