First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It's a large sock-type filter that's part of the fuel pump. It will last for the life of the vehicle or the life of the fuel pump, whichever comes first. My wife's Chrysler minivan has the same thing.
Most vehicles these days are this way.
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Indeed, especially when you consider the tremendous amount of pressure generated for the DI system to function.
The fuel pump in the tank is the same as a non DI engine and operates at similar pressure (35 to 55 psi). This pump feeds the mechanical pump on the cylinder head, it the mechanical pump that generates the 1000+ psi.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I believe the fuel filter is right next to the battery.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
That would almost certainly be the fuel/water separator on a diesel model. It's common to have to remove water from diesel and air from the lines, so there's generally a little bleeder valve and a fancy filter assembly up under the hood on a diesel vehicle.

EDIT: After watching the video, it's 100% a diesel.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would almost certainly be the fuel/water separator on a diesel model. It's common to have to remove water from diesel and air from the lines, so there's generally a little bleeder valve and a fancy filter assembly up under the hood on a diesel vehicle.

EDIT: After watching the video, it's 100% a diesel.
Lol I didn't finish watching the video. Thanks

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It's reasonable these days for manufacturers to assume you're not filling up in a third world country from gas being poured out of a coconut. If you are, adjust the maintenance schedule. For everyone using a pump with an inspection sticker, find something else to worry about.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I agree
It's reasonable these days for manufacturers to assume you're not filling up in a third world country from gas being poured out of a coconut. If you are, adjust the maintenance schedule. For everyone using a pump with an inspection sticker, find something else to worry about.
Yea I agree it is reasonable but I just had my first batch of bad gas. Truck was popping on acceleration after filling up with 93 until I put octane booster

crazyrazor21

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Acquisitions Consultant
2019 Ranger Owners Manual -Replace the engine-mounted and frame-mounted fuel filters every 30k. I spoke to a service advisor who advised this is not the case. He checked with his parts department as well and they advised there are no fuel filters listed for the Ranger. Any comments on this? Why it may be listed in the in the manual?
I'm guessing that it was carried over from the T6 rangers which are diesels. Probably saves time and money being able to copy a bunch of pages rather than create a new manual from scratch.
Sponsored