Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Rowe auburn.

It's been an up and down ride with those folks to be honest.
Eff those guys. Can't get anything straight in the service dept. Last oil change I drove to Yankee Ford to have it done. When my windshield broke, went there to have it replaced and they farmed it out. They gave the glass replacement people the wrong VIN and the glass replacement people put in the wrong windshield. It was replaced, free of charge, with the correct windshield, saved my insurance company a few hundred dollars.

Wanted the trailer brake controller installed, I gave them the part number, they said they had one in stock, but it would be a couple weeks before they got to it. I showed up to the appt time and they let me wait for an hour before they came out and told me it was for an F150 and they needed to order it. They ordered it and scheduled an appt. I called up Yankee ford, and they had one in stock and could get me in in two days. Had it installed and working for less money and less time. Never went back to Rowe.

My wife wanted an oil change on our Hyundai. Went to Rowe. An hour later she called me back stating "no wonder you drive 45 miles to get your oil changed, these guys are clueless."

Rowe Auburn is dead to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Eff those guys. Can't get anything straight in the service dept. Last oil change I drove to Yankee Ford to have it done. When my windshield broke, went there to have it replaced and they farmed it out. They gave the glass replacement people the wrong VIN and the glass replacement people put in the wrong windshield. It was replaced, free of charge, with the correct windshield, saved my insurance company a few hundred dollars.

Wanted the trailer brake controller installed, I gave them the part number, they said they had one in stock, but it would be a couple weeks before they got to it. I showed up to the appt time and they let me wait for an hour before they came out and told me it was for an F150 and they needed to order it. They ordered it and scheduled an appt. I called up Yankee ford, and they had one in stock and could get me in in two days. Had it installed and working for less money and less time. Never went back to Rowe.

My wife wanted an oil change on our Hyundai. Went to Rowe. An hour later she called me back stating "no wonder you drive 45 miles to get your oil changed, these guys are clueless."

Rowe Auburn is dead to me.
The first time I took my truck in for service, they gave it back to me without even touching the truck lol. They serviced a lookalike truck instead.

I figured this out the next morning, and spent the next 3 days being told I was wrong and that they definitely serviced my truck.

On the 4th day i got an apology and got told that my next service was going to be free.

That next service was indeed free... for a few months... until they (possibly) tried being sneaky and deducting the points from my fordpass after the fact. (Free service was in June, points got deducted in September) I made a trip to the dealer a few days after I noticed and asked WTF?

"Oh jeeze yeah bud we don't know what the deal is.... well make your NEXT service free, sorry about that"

Your not the only one. I'd switch to Yankee if I could but it's just too much hassle, I live in gray right now.. hopefully moving further north next year.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I use Rowe Westbrook and they’ve been good with my vehicles
I should probably switch to westbrook. I work off of riverside industrial so it's definitely conveniently close to work... closer than auburn is from my house.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I should probably switch to westbrook. I work off of riverside industrial so it's definitely conveniently close to work... closer than auburn is from my house.
i think you’ll be pleasantly surprised

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Oh cool something else we need to add to our trucks to make them last. First catch cans, then engine covers, then 1-piece driveshafts and now fuel filters.

For a second I thought they meant there is a shortage lol.
Aren't you forgetting something......like a damper or two from Dave ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
some of my gm trucks had a the pump in the tank and me a couple buddies got quick at changing them. had a system. two of us loosened up the bolts holding the truck bed down, one then placed bottle jack on the rear tire, same side as the fuel tank and started jacking up the bed. gave enough room to get the pump out of the top of the tank without dropping the tank or fully removing the bed. then a couple of us sorta stood around and kept an eye on the jack and bed just to make sure it didnt come down on the guy swapping the pumps out. took us about 20 mins by the third time around. always turn the key to make sure the pump runs before securing the bed down again lol.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Oh cool something else we need to add to our trucks to make them last. First catch cans, then engine covers, then 1-piece driveshafts and now fuel filters.

For a second I thought they meant there is a shortage lol.
honestly i was thinking the same when i read the post title. guess if they out of stock it should not matter lol.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Unless its a Diesel you wont really find a fuel filter on modern vehicles anymore. Why you ask? Probably due to the fact people are trying to not have to do as much maintenance anymore. If not mistaken this started during the early 2000's.
Ten years ago I bought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler for my daughter, first year for the TJ, and it had a sock-type filter in the tank.
My wife totaled her 2014 Chrysler minivan last week but it also had an in-tank filter, 176,000 miles, and I never had to touch the fuel pump or filter.
On all our vehicles I dump a bottle of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner in the tank at every oil change, 5000 miles.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
It doesnt instill confidence that Ford has incorrect information in the owners manual.
Mines still wrapped in the plastic along with warranty/tire pamphlets, and will stay there.

So, they can delete things like hood struts and engine covers, but they can't be bothered to delete some outdated info?
Ford gonna ford. I downloaded the more up to date PDF version from ford, but even that still contains a few outdated information.

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/Ranger/2022/owner-manuals/
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/ranger/2021/owner-manuals/
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/ranger/2020/owner-manuals/
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/ranger/2019/owner-manuals/
Sponsored