First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Physician
Maybe someone else has an opinion or experience fixing the issue besides replacing a spring?
Sponsored

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a pretty late post, but I finally got rid of my "Ranger lean".... It came from the factory with a 1/4" shim under the drivers side and it still leaned towards the driver's side by 3/4" of an inch on a completely flat surface. Didn't matter if I had a full tank or not. This drove me nuts (I have about 3000 miles on the truck right now) so I bought an Eibach 1" rear lift kit with 2 blocks from the Eibach web site. Cost 100 bucks, but well worth it for me.

Took me less than 30 minutes to follow the instructions to take out the driver's side shim (1/4") and install the block. I have kept the shim just in case I raised the driver's side a bit too high. Then I'll just put it under the passenger leaf springs.

No lean on level surfaces now. I love this truck -- have replaced all non-Led bulbs with led bulbs, added a Redarc trailer brake controller, Icon Stage 1 leveling kit, Ranger Raptor wheels (from England), and 285/70/17 KO2s. But the lean? Killed me.
So you just removed the shim and installed the lift block on the driver side and did nothing to the passenger side, correct?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger , 2019 Ford Escape
I had a 93 Chevy S10 that had a lean, I installed an air shock to correct it.

TexTazManiac

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch, 2013 Lincoln MKX, 1977 Datsun 280Z, Various Can Am 'Toys', Mahindra Tractor
So you just removed the shim and installed the lift block on the driver side and did nothing to the passenger side, correct?
Yes, that is correct. Apologies for the late reply, have been indisposed

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
just got a 2020 in June, looks like i have the same issue? 1100 miles on it... checked the leaf packs like earlier in the thread and i have an additional 1/4 inch shim on the drivers side compared to passenger side.

recommend bringing it to the dealer?

gonna bring it into my job's shop and put it on the confirmed-level shop floor.. tires are all at correct pressure.

thoughts?

IMG_20200713_174230.jpg

Barefootmoney1969

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Physician
just got a 2020 in June, looks like i have the same issue? 1100 miles on it... checked the leaf packs like earlier in the thread and i have an additional 1/4 inch shim on the drivers side compared to passenger side.

recommend bringing it to the dealer?

gonna bring it into my job's shop and put it on the confirmed-level shop floor.. tires are all at correct pressure.

thoughts?

IMG_20200713_174230.jpg
Mine got worse after the Ford Performance/ Fox shocks were installed. Took it back to the dealership and they confirmed my measurements, sent them to Ford for recommendations on adjusting the coil overs. That was a month ago and I call them weekly without a response.

mark294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm not sure mine got worse after the FP/Fox shock installation but I noticed the lean when I got home. I'm glad I measured the height of my wheel well openings before the shocks were installed. There was a 1/2 in. difference side-to-side but I didn't think much about it. After I saw the lean, I thought the coil-over's preset would need adjustment. After reading thru this thread I'm not sure what needs to be done. I'm going to try and ignore it for a few days.

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I got my Ranger XLT SuperCrew back from Walker Ford today after it spent 10 days there, essentially on vacation, as there was no work done on it that I can tell. The service advisor was given the information on the leaning issue (from this thread), along with a photo and part number for the shim. He said that unless there was a specific TSB or recall, they couldn't fix it. I referred him to the posts on this forum where the respective dealers had made the repairs. Today, the service adviser told me unless there had been 75 complaints to Ford about the issue, there would be no TSB and therefore no warranty funding to make the repair. When I got him, I put a level on the closed tailgate, and it was now level!! It was way off before. I have no idea what the tech did while he was doing his "Ford approved" measurements (put it on the alignment rack and measured the frame to the floor, apparently) he did something that straightened it up. Begs the question, will simply jacking the left rear of the bed fix it??

Done with the dealer, by the way.

Zoran Rubic

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Some updates on this case... Ford denied my buyback request..
So, I'm taking the truck to another ford dealership. Already took it to this dealer and they said the "won't fix it" its "within spec". A little pressure from Ford Customer Care and this time they are going to take it to their body shop and measure the frame...

pretty easy to measure from the ground to the reflectors...

You can clearly see its 1/2 inch different.. Dealership consistently states its "within spec" -

REALLY??? where is the spec that says it's OK to sit 1/2 crooked on one side?

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg
Mine is more then an inch crooked and I just installed a ome lift

Zoran Rubic

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Hi Gavin,

This truck needs to be checked by another dealer...something is not right. Was it like this when you picked it up?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Company Retired
Thank you for your input sir,

Zoran Rubic

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
So, an update to the issue I was experiencing:

Long story short, I took it to my dealership and they confirmed it was definitely lower on the D/S. They returned it to stock and confirmed it was still lower by more than .5"; I think their measurement was close to .72" lower.

They had it for about 25 days and during that time replaced everything they could think of (hardware, shock, shims, etc.) until they replaced the spring (which I had stated I thought was the problem from the onset) . Once the spring was replaced it improved the height to less than a .25" from side to side in the rear.

Visually it is nearly imperceivable and so much better that I can live with it. I'll likely replace springs down the road anyhow.

Either way, the spring was definitely the culprit and it was covered 100% by Ford.
Interesting because I replaced the leaf springs and full suspension with old man emu and I still have the sag, could it be that they changed only the drivers side and because it takes time to settle it will have more resistance then the right there for temporarily appearing to have no sag until it settles sometime down the road?

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I just read in another thread about TSB 20-2277 issued on 19 August to address shudder/vibration on acceleration and it deals with realigning the rear axle. TSB Issue: Some 2019-2020 Ranger vehicles may exhibit a shudder/vibration when accelerating from a stop. This may be due to an excessive rear axle pinion angle. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to adjust the rear axle pinion angle. Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria: • 2019-2020 Ranger • Shudder/vibration when accelerating from a stop. I have made a service appointment for a week from today and will provide them with the complete copy of the TSB.

Attachments

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I've had mine since Feb. Installed the RC 2.5" leveling kit and never saw this. I installed the Eibach in the front and back the other day and I saw that the passenger side is off by about a half inch. It could have been before, I never noticed or checked. And honestly I didn't even notice it until I decided to measure it to see what the difference was from the front to back in order to see if it was level. Seriously doubt ford would do anything unless I can prove I didn't cause it by changing the shocks.

Just went out and measured the best I could on gravel hitting the center of the wheel. Here's what I noticed:

RD - 24" (has a shim the passenger doesn't)
FD - 23"
FP - 24" ( I believe this is a shock adjustment that I need to get the tool for)
RP - 23 1/2

Another thing I noticed. I had enabled the off road screen in forscan and the other night sitting in the driveway it was 0 across the board, now it shows 1° on the right side.

Last edited:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
You guys do know that a very large number of vehicles from all manufacturers sit 1/2” lower on the drivers side right? Your gas tank, battery etc are on that side. Of course it sits lower.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your trucks except that ford didnt displace the weight better.
Sponsored