First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When I had a normal doorbell they’d ring it, per my delivery instructions. How with a Ring doorbell they won’t touch it.
I always ring or knock no matter what until they told us not to because of covid an touching surfaces. I delivered a senior community that struggled with large heavy items I'd still know an set them inside for them or at least set them in the garage by the door if open. There are lots of camera's now, not just Ring.
Sponsored

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks like the shipper (UPS or FedEx) tossed it around a bit. This seems to be happening more and more lately with. both these shippers. Mine looked like they threw it from the truck to my front door. :facepalm:
lol a bit??? Looks like they were playing hot potato with that shit

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon did this to my gf just this past winter. She bought a set of EarPods for her daughter birthday and they were to lazy to open the gate so they just threw them over it on the ground in the sleet and rain. When she called them they told her to keep them and refunded her card. Good thing was they ended up still working but the delivery guys just don't care.
If people are lucky you have an older mail carrier that doesn't give in to the harassment pressure. I didn't because I knew I was retirement eligible soon. Everyone that rushes makes mistakes. Most house numbers repeat on several streets an stuff gets delivered to the right house number but wrong street. An all the companies make that mistake. People move an don't change all their accounts. When you rush you deliver the old name instead of forwarding it. Management would rather carriers rush an make mistakes than work at a practical pace an get it right. Complaint calls from customers don't matter, Calls from Their boss about how many hours the office is using does.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've had issues with my deliveries. It's a new build, but it is on Google Maps and Apple Maps. It gets delivered 2 blocks over. FedEx told me I had to wait 3 days for a claim because 'sometimes the driver marks a package as delivered before they deliver it'. Why would you do that? (I know, I know... to show faster delivery times.)

That being said, I just picked up a package from Old Dominion (ordered from Stage 3, box was in good condition). I decided to go to their dock, since my house is ~15 minutes from the local place. I stood around for 30 minutes waiting for them to bring it to my truck. There is no need for customer service. What are you going to do? Not get your package?

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The OME kit arrived today from Stage 3 Motorsports, and I'm disappointed in the condition. Oh.....and no coil springs. You guys have any thoughts?

20210610_164938.jpg

20210610_165003.jpg

20210610_164855.jpg

20210610_165054.jpg

20210610_164919.jpg
I ordered a bug/hood shield from Ford using the Pass Points. It took 4 months of reordering the plastic shield. The first 4 bug shields were shattered on arrival at the Ford dealership. I stopped going to pick up the box until the dealer opened it and inspected for damaged. Saved me 3 trips... I'm sure it was the same carrier.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have only read the first page, but there sure is a lot of blame on the shipping companies (UPS, FEDEX, USPS). As the retailer/seller, you need to pack your stuff better. If it was packaged better, it wouldn't sustain so much damage. And of course they're gonna make it right, but it's frustrating to have to wait even longer for replacements based on the laziness of the seller the first time.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Well my Ford Performance Fox 2.0 kit came this afternoon. The box is in good condition and nothing was damaged. Fox packed it fairly well.

The delivery driver for FedEx on the other hand not so good. I was in my office and my dog started barking and went to the front window. I heard a light knock at the door and by the time I got to the door he was standing by his truck. When he heard me open the door I was able to hear him sigh. Not sure if he brought the box to the door with him or not since I didn't see him at the door. He brought me the package and asked my last name and left without even getting my signature even though it was required.

Guess he was having a bad day. Happens to everyone and he wasn't mean so I'll just let it go. A sigh really isn't that big of a deal. I hope his day gets better.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Found my new leafs on the lawn when I got home from picking up my new cargo trailer...

springs.jpg
Hi Earl,

Smart delivery person to realize that leaf springs are diurnal Herbivores.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've seen tires an exhaust pipes shipped that way. No packing just a shipping label.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
When I ordered my fox shocks from Stage 3, they came packaged in a sturdy box and were delivered with no damage.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mannnnn,,, I ordered some Ford Performance stuff, hope they don't deliver it this way, I'm scared.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I have only read the first page, but there sure is a lot of blame on the shipping companies (UPS, FEDEX, USPS). As the retailer/seller, you need to pack your stuff better. If it was packaged better, it wouldn't sustain so much damage. And of course they're gonna make it right, but it's frustrating to have to wait even longer for replacements based on the laziness of the seller the first time.
This is so true - it’s about training and common sense, mostly common sense.

Back in 2000/01, I worked for an Internet start-up that sold high-end custom mountain bikes (handmade frames, all the best fancy race components). One customer’s order kept being delayed because of supply chain issues. Everything finally arrived on a Friday and the assembler was told that, no matter what, the bike had to go out today for overnight delivery.

This is how a bike is usually packed for a bike box…

533AF8EE-5A4E-431A-86AB-49CF694C3592.jpeg

Customer attaches handlebar, pedals, seat post and saddle, front wheel and off they go.

The customer received their $6,500 bike on Saturday morning. The box appeared fine but the front shocks and frame were scratched up and gouged in the worst way. It looked like someone ran a chainsaw across them. Many items either weren’t installed or were damaged or both.

It turned out that the assembler was running behind and ran up against the shipping deadline. When FedEx showed up, he wasn’t finished with the build - hadn’t even started packing it up. He simply stopped where he was in the process and tossed everything in the bike box without any foam or cardboard packing, no nylon ties holding anything together, no small parts box inside, the front wheel unsecured - nothing.

His excuse? “I was told it had to go out today, no matter what”.

??‍♂
Sponsored