lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have been waiting for the Putco harness for the tail light bar, and I finally found it. So I am thinking that I will do this for my next project.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WTT1WPQ/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=ATRQ56T3H9TM5&th=1

I am still debating a few options but thinking about using the Amber for the turn signals.

The price seems a little steep, but what have anyone else done? Should I go with Amber or Red for my turn signals? Is Putco the best option or is there a better option?

Reply and let me know your thoughts.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I wanted to get one of these a couple years ago but everyone said (the earlier ones) didn't work once they hooked it up. This new updated one is really nice and looks like a real simple instal. The price is a little steep but I guess you're paying for the simplicity of the instal. Personally I like the red for the turn signals.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Way too steep. $100-$150. maybe, but $340. is way too much.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
ouch ! $$$$$ ... but that do look sweet , and since no splice , the only one i would consider...
Yeah I like the no splice too. With my luck I'd splice into the wrong wiring and every light would be blinking. :crazy:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
lawrench

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
ouch ! $$$$$ ... but that do look sweet , and since no splice , the only one i would consider...
I have an electronics background, so splicing is something I can do, but I do not want to do it. I figure this makes it an easy project and not something that will take the entire weekend. Because you know after it is done, you have to drive around to test it (I mean show it off!). I am coming to the end of the upgrades/projects I want to do to my Ranger, so I want something that can be removed without having to fix where splices were.

My other project I am considering is the Hellwig add-a-leaf
https://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/?partnumber=1914
That one will require buying more tools (Floor Jack and Jack stands), the wife may not be happy because good jacks and jack stands will not be cheap (at least the ones that I will buy).

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I have been waiting for the Putco harness for the tail light bar, and I finally found it. So I am thinking that I will do this for my next project.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WTT1WPQ/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=ATRQ56T3H9TM5&th=1

I am still debating a few options but thinking about using the Amber for the turn signals.

The price seems a little steep, but what have anyone else done? Should I go with Amber or Red for my turn signals? Is Putco the best option or is there a better option?

Reply and let me know your thoughts.

Given the lack of clearance between the bottom of the tailgate and the license plate I'll be interested to see how anything squeezes in there. Looks pretty sweet though!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have an electronics background, so splicing is something I can do, but I do not want to do it. I figure this makes it an easy project and not something that will take the entire weekend. Because you know after it is done, you have to drive around to test it (I mean show it off!). I am coming to the end of the upgrades/projects I want to do to my Ranger, so I want something that can be removed without having to fix where splices were.

My other project I am considering is the Hellwig add-a-leaf
https://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/?partnumber=1914
That one will require buying more tools (Floor Jack and Jack stands), the wife may not be happy because good jacks and jack stands will not be cheap (at least the ones that I will buy).
Let me know how this hellwig helps out. I check the links and they are in Visalia CA, I can probably stop when I visit my cousin up in that area.
Sponsored